ADVERTISEMENT

All Conference-Defense

GoNtheDistance

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2003
not 1 player on the defensive side of the ball for us made any of the 3 all conference teams. yet another embarasssing defensive statistic

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
I honestly didn't expect to see any of our D on the list; maybe thought Shoetmer (sp?) could make the 3rd team, but that's about it.
Yep

Shoettmer is the one that sports writers and coaches should see as the best we have (not in potential but in actual on the field production) and toss us a bone by including him on 3rd team All ACC.

Tp be fair to Shoettmer - he plays so well most of the time that he probably deserves 3rd team ALL ACC.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
I honestly didn't expect to see any of our D on the list; maybe thought Shoetmer (sp?) could make the 3rd team, but that's about it.
Yep

Shoettmer is the one that sports writers and coaches should see as the best we have (not in potential but in actual on the field production) and toss us a bone by including him on 3rd team All ACC.

Tp be fair to Shoettmer - he plays so well most of the time that he probably deserves 3rd team ALL ACC.
Eeh,...I don't know. He has suck on him too. Might not be his fault directly. But there is no way I'd vote for a member of a defense that gave up the yards and points that our D gave up this year. Remember, football is the ultimate team sport. I'll bet he'd give the honor back had they given it to him. He knows no one on that side of the ball deserves anything except extra practice time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT