ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone hear the Colin Cowherd Interview with Harbaugh?

UNC71-00

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2003
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13180442

It's 5 minutes long, but possibly one of the most awkward interviews ever. I'm lukewarm on Cowherd at best, but Harbaugh came off looking like a complete ass. And then he goes and tweets this (which has been deleted):

Jim-Harbaugh-Colin-Cowherd-tweet.jpg

Bet somewhere in San Francisco there are a few people laughing at Michigan right now.

Reactions: Raleigh2Miami
Harbaugh is a douche. Everyone knows that.

Did you hear the interview? I felt sorry for Cowherd- he was trying to do everything possible with easy, softball questions to get Harbaugh talking and JH would have none of it.

I understand not wanting to talk to the media, but if this is the case, then don't go on the show. This wasn't a post game press conference.

Did you hear the interview? I felt sorry for Cowherd- he was trying to do everything possible with easy, softball questions to get Harbaugh talking and JH would have none of it.

I understand not wanting to talk to the media, but if this is the case, then don't go on the show. This wasn't a post game press conference.
I haven't heard the interview. I used to listen to Cowherd daily but the local station here added a local show to fill the timeslot CC occupied, so I haven't listened to him in awhile.

I generally like Cowherd, or at least like his takes. His presentation can be annoying sometimes. But no I haven't heard the interview. I do notttt like cringe-worthy awkward stuff, so I probably wouldn't enjoy that interview. I can totally imagine what it's like though based on how you're describing it and based on what I know about Cowherd and Harbaugh.

It's linked in my OP. Video from the simulcast on ESPN2. Pretty damn funny if you like awkward moments.

It was awkward to say the least. Harbaugh seemed to be focused elsewhere.

Ya I don't understand why Harbaugh would go on the show if he was gonna have 1 sentence answers and sound like they just rolled him out of bed to do the interview. Can't really blame Cowherd for getting upset about it. Its a waste of everyone's time.

The interview questions are definitely softballs and it was like pulling teeth trying to get answers out of him

Reactions: Raising Heel
I haven't heard the interview. I used to listen to Cowherd daily but the local station here added a local show to fill the timeslot CC occupied, so I haven't listened to him in awhile.

I generally like Cowherd, or at least like his takes. His presentation can be annoying sometimes. But no I haven't heard the interview. I do notttt like cringe-worthy awkward stuff, so I probably wouldn't enjoy that interview. I can totally imagine what it's like though based on how you're describing it and based on what I know about Cowherd and Harbaugh.

I think his presentation is annoying almost all the time. He seems to me the very epitome of the uber nerd who wants to be cool and has made himself a sports fan nerd toward that end.

But is is also true that Harbaugh is almost always prickly. And a former player like Harbaugh who is that intense as a coach is going to despise the nerd that Cowherd is. And in his contempt for nerd Cowherd, he will assume that Cowherd trying to be a softball tosser is being a smartass.

LOL! Sounded to me like Harbaugh just crawled out of bed or he just toted a joint. He definitely wasn't into the interview.

Reactions: Raleigh2Miami
He wins and that's all that matters...UM will be in the final 4 playoffs in his 3rd season (2017-2018 bowl season)

I used to listen to CC every day b/c he was always on the air when I was in the car -- was never really a fan b/c he plays the "ratings game" (to me) way too much -- he hypes the big market cities and the teams within those big markets. So, for someone like me who is a huge Carolina Panthers fan, Charlotte Hornets fan, etc -- his show just doesn't appeal to me. I don't want to listed to Dallas Cowboys crap every day. So...I haven't listened to ESPN Radio in years for this reason and spend more time listening to WFNZ. Quality might be less but the coverage is more what I'm interested in.

That said -- On this interview -- Wow. If Jim Harbaugh were not more up for the interview than that, he should have rescheduled. We all get distracted, have other things more important going on, etc....but my lord, he is the face of that program and every recruit in the country could have that interview as their first impression of him. He HAS to know better. That interview was a Win for Urban Meyer.

LOL. I heard the interview but had no idea Jim Harbaugh tweeted that.

That guy is a lunatic.

Thanks for sharing, I am laughing uncomfortably at that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT