ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas vs UNC 3rd place game thread—-Friday 24 November 2023…

Watch Mark miss the rest of the season now and Ark totally flop so that this win is worth nothing...

They are checking for sensation in his legs. Scary, hope he is gonna be ok.

Solid win. I think some of the bench rotation is indeed working itself out. They were God awful with Cormac out and RJ and Mando on the bench.

Other then that UNC controlled this matchup at around a 10 point advantage throughout.

We need to figure out a late shot clock set. Passing the ball to Ingram, near the corner, with under 10 to create his own offense won't be a thing, lol.

We have a limitation there without a lot of guys who can create offense for themselves.
In hindsight, that WAS EXACTLY how the late shot clock played out in second half that won us the game. HI made great decisions on the pass or finished in close.
Harrison Ingram made himself some money last three days.

Mando did nothing wrong on the play. Kid kicked his own leg out and landed awkwardly.. Iike RJ did yesterday.like someone said dookis will play them without him. HOPE he recovers quickly. That was a gritty tough win without Ryan...Trimble stepped up bigtime.

In hindsight, that WAS EXACTLY how the late shot clock played out in second half that won us the game. HI made great decisions on the pass or finished in close.
Harrison Ingram made himself some money last three days.
I'll have to watch the 2nd half on DVR. Great news for him. He's been really good thus far.

Wojcik should be a 3rd stringer.

Withers should be a 2nd stringer.

Somehow both have multiple starts. Way to go Hubert.
Agree except Withers is atrocious on the offensive end. As long as he doesn’t need to catch dribble pass or shoot, he should be ok. Should never sniff starting. A serious liability,

instant minus as soon as he steps on the floor. I’ve seen shots from him, on drives, three feet from the hoop not even draw iron. I’m not sure how that’s even possible

Agree except Withers is atrocious on the offensive end. As long as he doesn’t need to catch dribble pass or shoot, he should be ok. Should never sniff starting. A serious liability,

instant minus as soon as he steps on the floor. I’ve seen shots from him, on drives, three feet from the hoop not even draw iron. I’m not sure how that’s even possible
That is a little harsh on Whithers.
I don't think he is starter quality., but he is important when Ingram goes to the 3 spot. Whithers is the best candidate to play the 4 right now, after Ingram.
I just think our guards are better than our bigs, so I think Ingram will play more 4 than 3 as we continue through the season. Just gotta keep him out of foul trouble.
Whithers fouls people like he is getting NIL money per foul.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Harrison Ingram appears to me to be a less stagnant Leaky with a decent 3 pointer when open. Similar playstyles with them both being former pgs.

UNC got called for 54 fouls the last 2 games…Don’t think I have ever seen that..Coach Davis might have to get a T soon and let them know he ain’t taking this BS…
I agree but it looks like he was trying to get one.

Glad to see Carolina win and the Napoleon movie my wife and I went to is tremendous….Now the team (Tennessee) that took Duke out of the dance last year by playing a strong physical style will be coming to the Dean Dome on Wednesday night. At least the Tar Heels will have a couple of days to prepare for the Volunteers…

Nova is blasting Memphis by 30 points in second half of championship

Harrison Ingram appears to me to be a less stagnant Leaky with a decent 3 pointer when open. Similar playstyles with them both being former pgs.
Harrison's been creating his own offense to a high degree too (not just spot up jumpers), and is also quite a bit stronger than Leaky, albeit has a lesser wingspan.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Harrison's been creating his own offense to a high degree too (not just spot up jumpers), and is also quite a bit stronger than Leaky, albeit has a lesser wingspan.
I realize we are only 6 games in, but Harrison Ingram is the most refreshing 1st year player at Carolina since..........Harrison Barnes? Brandon Wright? Thoughts?
I love his game, I love his grit/ moxie and he is a FABULOUS interview ❤️.
Forgot about Brady, but it took a while for him to be that in 2022.

Reactions: gauchoheel
He seems like a much better passer than Leaky and a much better scorer inside and outside and more muscle to defend athletic bigs than Leaky. Granted, Leaky was probably a better faster defender on the perimeter but HI looks like a huge upgrade over Nance or Leaky. Probably our best overall player at least at the wing or inside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT