ADVERTISEMENT

Armando Bacot(Final Season)

FlaTarHeel

Hall of Famer
Feb 21, 2017
His shooting has never looked this good, hopefully it carries over into the season. If it does he will be a 2024 draft pick.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
His shooting has never looked this good, hopefully it carries over into the season. If it does he will be a 2024 draft pick.
Yes, if Armando Bacot shoots 100% on 3’s like he did in this video, he may get drafted. He will have to make more than one 3-pointer for the season though.

His shot never looked so good because this one shot happened to go in, lol.

Not too concerned about his outside shooting, or even if it will improve which is not likely. The things which could benefit the team this year will be his FT shooting and finishing at the rim, and eliminating costly fouls.

The basketball I.Q., among other things, is extremely low on this board.
As is the sense of humor.

What's not low on This board is the number of contrarian posters with extremely inflated senses of self-importance, the understanding that it is not mandatory to respond to everything you don't understand or agree with, and lastly that there is an "ignore" button that solves a lot of those issues if one particular poster seems to be a "repeat offender" and does not meet your posting standards.

What's not low on This board is the number of contrarian posters with extremely inflated senses of self-importance, the understanding that it is not mandatory to respond to everything you don't understand or agree with, and lastly that there is an "ignore" button that solves a lot of those issues if one particular poster seems to be a "repeat offender" and does not meet your posting standards.
Wish I could like this post 1,000 times.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Begs the question-could someone clear up my category, lol! I feel like I'm halfway between Inflated self-worth and Contrariness, I only hope to avoid Low IQ!

(My sense of humor is already superior, TYVM!)

BUT: I love how hard Bacot works on his game (he does it every off season) and I expect he will have another ALL ACC (possibly AA) season! Improving his FT % is way more important than his 3 % IMO! I wouldn't mind a little better passing out of doubles and a few mid-range makes too as a wishlist!

3 Tar Heels in the Top 11 running for the 2024 Wooden Award

Zach Edey +175
Hunter Dickinson 7/1
Kyle Filipowski 7/1
Armando Bacot 16/1
Max Abmas 22/1
Donovan Clingan 25/1
Oumar Ballo 25/1
Tyler Kolek 25/1
Caleb Love 33/1
Isaiah Collier 33/1
RJ Davis 40/1

Source: @betonline_ag

game-over.gif

Zach Edey +175
Hunter Dickinson 7/1
Kyle Filipowski 7/1
Armando Bacot 16/1
Max Abmas 22/1
Donovan Clingan 25/1
Oumar Ballo 25/1
Tyler Kolek 25/1
Caleb Love 33/1
Isaiah Collier 33/1
RJ Davis 40/1

I think Bacot has as good a chance as anyone on that list.

Zach Edey +175
Hunter Dickinson 7/1
Kyle Filipowski 7/1
Armando Bacot 16/1
Max Abmas 22/1
Donovan Clingan 25/1
Oumar Ballo 25/1
Tyler Kolek 25/1
Caleb Love 33/1
Isaiah Collier 33/1
RJ Davis 40/1

I only see two

• Haha

Zach Edey +175
Hunter Dickinson 7/1
Kyle Filipowski 7/1
Armando Bacot 16/1
Max Abmas 22/1
Donovan Clingan 25/1
Oumar Ballo 25/1
Tyler Kolek 25/1
Caleb Love 33/1
Isaiah Collier 33/1
RJ Davis 40/1

So if I put a BAG$$$ on Cadeau, I could be paid NBA like money? We should start a collective where everyone that joins puts up $100 on Cadeau winning the Wooden, what odds could we get, 100 to 1 maybe more?

So if I put a BAG$$$ on Cadeau, I could be paid NBA like money? We should start a collective where everyone that joins puts up $100 on Cadeau winning the Wooden, what odds could we get, 100 to 1 maybe more?
Hmmm 🤔

I work in sports betting. My guess is if Cadeau were 100-1 (I couldnt find CBB futures on BetOnline) then those are probably small limit bets.

A $100 bet may take the 100-1 down to 75-1. $500 may take it down to 40-1. $250 may be the most you can wager on it.

I work in sports betting. My guess is if Cadeau were 100-1 (I couldnt find CBB futures on BetOnline) then those are probably small limit bets.

A $100 bet may take the 100-1 down to 75-1. $500 may take it down to 40-1. $250 may be the most you can wager on it.
Wait wait wait now, YOU work in sports betting? OMG, you actually paid to impart the level of knowledge you display here and your company still makes a profit? 🤣

• Haha
"Work until it works" ✍️

Bacot has been putting in work during the offseason, as he’s worked out with a notable NBA trainer. With the goal of playing pro in mind, Bacot knows that he has to improve his mid-range game, something that he has seemed to address over the last couple of months. --Nick Delaney--

Then:

Now:

"Work until it works" ✍️

Bacot has been putting in work during the offseason, as he’s worked out with a notable NBA trainer. With the goal of playing pro in mind, Bacot knows that he has to improve his mid-range game, something that he has seemed to address over the last couple of months. --Nick Delaney--

Then:

Now:
Hubert said he was looking for shooters in the off-season 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
His feet are not leaving the floor on those jump shots so his outside shot is actually a high release point set shot rather than a jumper? I know this much for sure, if I am defending Bacot, he can shoot all the 35ft jumpers he wants, all I would look to do is get a hand in his face and make it harder for him to see but trust me there is no way I would consider getting close enough to foul him!

His feet are not leaving the floor on those jump shots so his outside shot is actually a high release point set shot rather than a jumper? I know this much for sure, if I am defending Bacot, he can shoot all the 35ft jumpers he wants, all I would look to do is get a hand in his face and make it harder for him to see but trust me there is no way I would consider getting close enough to foul him!
His goal next season is to be able to face the basket and knock down the 15-16 footer. I'm perfectly ok with that to keep the defense away from the rim.

That wouldn't take much. Where's his inside game w/the jump hooks he will need over inside size in both college and pay league? Has he developed inside versatility with either hand? He still looks like he lacks anything resembling elevation around the basket. On the good side he looks better developed physically to bang inside. His last time to shine on the college stage. GL Armando.

It seems like he gets it, and does not seem like he is focusing on that being any go to type shot option in a revamped arsenal. It seems even more of a set shot with an even lower starting point then I recall.

My guess is that that particular work is almost entirely for the college game this year though. A be able to knock down the totally left free wide open able to set 20 foot 3 pointer on occasion.

A 20 foot jumper in the league is frowned upon, the extra point is at 23 feet you set there. Nobody looks to set up to catch and shoot long 2's, and he definitely wouldn't be getting those looks to try.

As a trailer or late escape hatch half court possession kick out at the college distance though, if he can knock down some of those elongated set shots down on occasion it can be helpful.

Agreed that he looks to be in much better shape then the start of last season. Really like that.

It seems like he gets it, and does not seem like he is focusing on that being any go to type shot option in a revamped arsenal. It seems even more of a set shot with an even lower starting point then I recall.

My guess is that that particular work is almost entirely for the college game this year though. A be able to knock down the totally left free wide open able to set 20 foot 3 pointer on occasion.

A 20 foot jumper in the league is frowned upon, the extra point is at 23 feet you set there. Nobody looks to set up to catch and shoot long 2's, and he definitely wouldn't be getting those looks to try.

As a trailer or late escape hatch half court possession kick out at the college distance though, if he can knock down some of those elongated set shots down on occasion it can be helpful.

Agreed that he looks to be in much better shape then the start of last season. Really like that.
From all I have heard this team as a whole has gone about this off season in a much different way than the last off season went. These guys are serious, they are pissed off, they have been embarrassed and now they seem primed to make a serious statement and that just was not the case a year ago. And we have a guy now that I am being told is going to shock UNC fans with how much he has improved and I have been on this kid's band wagon since he got to UNC, can't wait to see it Seth!

And we have a guy now that I am being told is going to shock UNC fans with how much he has improved and I have been on this kid's band wagon since he got to UNC, can't wait to see it Seth!
That guy👆

College 3 is 22’ now. NBA line is only 1.5 feet further back and about the same as NCAA in the corners

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT