ADVERTISEMENT

Armando Bacot(Final Season)

Granted, we have all watched him clank countless bunnies off the bottom of the rim but I don't understand how anyone cannot appreciate that kid and how deep his Tar Heel roots are.

If, right now, the basketball gods offered each of us a low post player that would stay for four or five years and become the leading rebounder in Carolina history while producing more double doubles than any Carolina player to play before him, I'm not sure, who is saying no to that?

Detractors can create a list a mile long of what Armando Bacot is not, but what he is, is a Tar Heel through and through!!!

His, "I might not be the best player to have played here...." post encapsulates the Armando Bacot tenure to a T!

I've never seen a player who loves this school, program and just being a Tar Heel more. It's still amazes me to see our fans speak poorly of him in posts.

Bacot is one of the best Tar Heels of all time!

Last edited:
Anybody bashing Bacot is a troll! Even if they don't mean to be. You just can't fake the love and sacrifices he has been willing to demonstrate during his tenure!

Apologies if this has already been asked or discussed in another thread, but they mentioned in last night's broadcast that Bacot got a white framed jersey because he already had a blue one from participating in Senior Night last year.

I'm thinking he would be the first/only Tar Heel to have gotten two of those. Has anyone else been honored during Senior Night twice?

Anybody bashing Bacot is a troll! Even if they don't mean to be. You just can't fake the love and sacrifices he has been willing to demonstrate during his tenure!
I truly believe he's the last of this generation. Armando could have gone to play professional basketball 2 years ago even if it was in Europe.
Kids like him won't wear Carolina blue or any other color from here on out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Really enjoyed getting to read some of Bacot's reflections in his postgame interviews. Even if he weren't a top notch player, which he is, he is everything I as a fan could hope for one of our players to be - a true Tar Heel. I'll miss him and hope he gets to accumulate a bit of hardware on the way out!

Really enjoyed getting to read some of Bacot's reflections in his postgame interviews. Even if he weren't a top notch player, which he is, he is everything I as a fan could hope for one of our players to be - a true Tar Heel. I'll miss him and hope he gets to accumulate a bit of hardware on the way out!

Agreed. His legacy will always be kind of dicey. That's largely due to the timing in which he was at Carolina. He was a part of some highs and some lows. He was here when we transitioned coaches. He was here when the portal exploded and has played with like 30% of the players ever to have played at Carolina. He was on the front side of NIL and took great advantage of it. He's set some records - some in a legit 4 years and some in 5. He's overachieved and underachieved.

With all that said, I agree with him. You probably can't find a player in our history that is as Tar Heel blue as Mando. And you gotta appreciate that.

Thanks for your service, Big Fella.

I will really miss this young man! I don't think peeps will ever recognize just how much he has done for the UNC brand and the Family!

Thanks to a true and eternal Tar Heel!

I will really miss this young man! I don't think peeps will ever recognize just how much he has done for the UNC brand and the Family!
There won't be another Armando Bacot at UNC or anywhere in the college game with the landscape the way it is today. He's the last of a generation 😞

Thinking about Bacot and realizing he will not be there when we roll out next season, it is a bit hard to wrap my mind around, he has been such a fixture. Great player but an even better kid, Mondo has represented the program, the school, his family, himself, and even we fans with everything he has in himself. Thru all the ups and the downs, this kid has been nothing but class, we have been honored to have such a good young man represent us, we will realize how much we miss him when he is gone.

When I think about this, one song comes to my mind, I hope folks will listen to that song and think of all Mondo Bacot has given us. Thanks and much love big fella!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT