ADVERTISEMENT

BBQ Update

prlyles

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2006
Just got back from my fall trip to Ocracoke. On the way down we stopped at B's BBQ in Greenville. The bbq was very good but I was a little disappointed that it was so lean but the boiled potatoes was top notch. I like eastern style to have a little chopped up fat and grizzle in it. Coming home yesterday we stopped at Wilber's and that place never disappoints. IMO if you've eaten at Wilber's in Goldsboro, Skylight in Ayden, or Lexington's bbq in Lexington, you've ate some of the best the state has to offer. I prefer eastern style to Lexington style but it's all good.

Must've had my phone off, as I didn't get a call on your way through town.

giphy.gif

Just got back from my fall trip to Ocracoke. On the way down we stopped at B's BBQ in Greenville. The bbq was very good but I was a little disappointed that it was so lean but the boiled potatoes was top notch. I like eastern style to have a little chopped up fat and grizzle in it. Coming home yesterday we stopped at Wilber's and that place never disappoints. IMO if you've eaten at Wilber's in Goldsboro, Skylight in Ayden, or Lexington's bbq in Lexington, you've ate some of the best the state has to offer. I prefer eastern style to Lexington style but it's all good.
Need to add Stonewall's and Grady's to that list.

Hog Wild BBQ in Baton, NC is pretty dang good too! Great red potatoes and mac n cheese to boot!

@prlyles

Nice timing. I've been laid up for a few days and my son was actually in Wilbur's Sat. as well. He knows how much I like that BBQ and he rode over to Goldsboro and picked up 5 lbs of the stuff for my homecoming Sat. It was delicious as usual. Y'all might've rubbed elbows.

Reactions: Raising Heel
@prlyles

Nice timing. I've been laid up for a few days and my son was actually in Wilbur's Sat. as well. He knows how much I like that BBQ and he rode over to Goldsboro and picked up 5 lbs of the stuff for my homecoming Sat. It was delicious as usual. Y'all might've rubbed elbows.
Who knows...

@prlyles

how you feeling Jim? You were out of it when I was over there the other day.

I'm OK, JB. Just a little stiff and sore. I'm in the office. Got to do the official AAR today so I just came on in. Pook has already called and had a fit because I snuck out this morning, lol.

are you out of your damn mind what the hell are you doing in here. where's your truck I didn't see it. Im on the way over there

If you're passing through Durham on I-85, there is a fantastic new BBQ joint called 'Picnic' that is less than a mile off the interstate, exit 173, Cole Mill Road. The hog is from a local farm (Green Button Farm) that is 2 miles from where I live. All the food is local and they have a killer beer selection. You wont regret it.

http://www.picnicdurham.com/

So .. what happened ? Inexperience ? Product mistake ?

Staff Sgt. Alexander P. Dalida RIP

salute2.gif
flaghalf.gif
salute2.gif

sorry to hear about this heelbent. get well soon man.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT