ADVERTISEMENT

Best names of real people

thumb-62.jpg

Bonus points for people with great names that you've actually met.

I'm drawing a blank on some of the doozies I've run into over the years, but I do work with a guy whose actual given name is Rhett Butler.

Last edited:
I went to school with a guy named Hunter Lane. That's not too crazy though. Also went to college with a guy named Austin Rape and yes, it was pronounced that way.

One of my town's local residents whose last name was Dixon served in the military and was stationed in Korea. While there he fell in love with a Korean girl, they married and returned here upon his discharge. Her first name was Suk. I guess she's fortunate that her married name wasn't just Dix.

I'm not making this up, it's true.

I went to ac reynolds hs in asheville. We had a clasmate who’s name was reynolds reynolds. He went by sandy

One of my karate moms last name is horney. Her first name is iris. I so want to find out what her middle name is. Mary maybe? I.M. Horney?

I also went to hs with a black/asian guy who’s last name was chu lais. First name tyronne. Tyronne chu lais. Tie your own shoe lace.

As you can see by my username, my last name is Hook. My brother graduated from dental school at Carolina. Upon graduation he enlisted in the army, and being a doctor, he went in with the rank of Captain, so he was Captain Hook while in the army and afterward he is Dr. Hook (and the medicine show.)

I went to high school with a guy named Joel Dickhaut. Pronounced dick out. It was unfortunate that he had some developmental disabilities too, that made him get way too much bullying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT