ADVERTISEMENT

Big Green Egg

7 lb pork butt, trim the fat, rub a bunch of seasoning and let it sit over nite. Get temp up to 120, smoke with a few hickory chunks for 4 or 5 hrs, after 6 hrs stick a meat thermometer into it, kick that temp to 200 and grab a 6 pack while you wait 3+ hrs til she's done. Post pics, then shred and break out the Texas Pete and any other sauces and sides.

7 lb pork butt, trim the fat, rub a bunch of seasoning and let it sit over nite. Get temp up to 120, smoke with a few hickory chunks for 4 or 5 hrs, after 6 hrs stick a meat thermometer into it, kick that temp to 200 and grab a 6 pack while you wait 3+ hrs til she's done. Post pics, then shred and break out the Texas Pete and any other sauces and sides.
No disrespect this is bad advice all the way around.

Don’t trim the fat. Don’t smoke at less than 235 degrees. Don’t get something smaller than 12 lbs. No Texas Pete. Don’t dry brine, wet brine for a couple days.

Reactions: geddoughton23
we all eat pizza and seafood...kids eat chicken, burgers, steak.

i have the large and have never used one...what eggcessories do i start with aside from the pizza stone?...the basics, basically.

As the doctors say, first do no harm. Pork is unclean. If you can't abide kosher habits, at least cook the pork. We don't want trichinosis

No disrespect this is bad advice all the way around.

Don’t trim the fat. Don’t smoke at less than 235 degrees. Don’t get something smaller than 12 lbs. No Texas Pete. Don’t dry brine, wet brine for a couple days.
I meant 220, not 120, sorry for the brainfart typos. Cooking pork at 120 would take a week.

I like 7 pounds since I can start it in the AM and eat it for dinner. 12 pounds would starting at midnite the nite prior for me.

we all eat pizza and seafood...kids eat chicken, burgers, steak.

i have the large and have never used one...what eggcessories do i start with aside from the pizza stone?...the basics, basically.

Get some heat resistant grilling gloves - those damn coals can get hot AF!

Reactions: gteeitup
Visit the website www.nakedwhiz.com. The site design isn’t much (click on the animated dog to enter) and navigate the cheesy graphics. But the section on ceramic charcoal cooking has excellent information including techniques, recipes, and product reviews.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT