ADVERTISEMENT

Cadeau showcased his many talents tonight

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
We have all patiently waited for a game like this where Cadeau did not commit some early silly fouls and spearheaded a Carolina offensive attack in the second half and the result was a fairly easy Tar Heel Victory…

I remember watching him last year going to the hole with different speeds while in high school scoring at will and making great passes to teammates for easy layups and dunks and I for one was waiting for him to burst out and tonight he did.

This is the first time all season he looked to score as he drove hard to the hole time after time and even if he had a least 3 shots blocked he did not stop driving. His Magic Johnson bounce pass to Bacot mid way thru the second half should be on ESPN’s top plays of the day.

If the rest of the country saw how he controlled the second half they should be worried and I mean really worried because the light bulb has come on and the fun is just ready to start…

I continue to marvel at how quickly he learns from mistakes! Even within the game you can see him shrugging off things like being stripped at the top of the key and allowing himself to be funneled to shot blockers too deep in the lane. 2nd half, he largely avoided these things and made Moo miserable by constantly driving past them! Kid never drops his head and just finds a way to help the team!

I continue to marvel at how quickly he learns from mistakes! Even within the game you can see him shrugging off things like being stripped at the top of the key and allowing himself to be funneled to shot blockers too deep in the lane. 2nd half, he largely avoided these things and made Moo miserable by constantly driving past them! Kid never drops his head and just finds a way to help the team!
I remember him saying before the season that he plays his best when the lights are the brightest. There was a calmness to him last night, especially in the 2nd half. I just loved the offensive execution down the stretch.

I loved that he was really aggressive, attacking, it at times almost looked like he was in slow motion but he was just blowing by defenders for easy lay ups? When this kid attacks he destroys the defense, he don't just force them to move, he destroys them. The wuffs love to press you full court but I don't think you can press Cadeau, he is to quick, especially his hands with the dribble. This may well have been his best full game for us but that first half vs Tenn was pretty darn good as well!

Funny thing about UNC PGs, as freshmen they ALL hit the wall but when they finally get off that wall they come back much better than they were before they hit it. If Cadeau plays consistently for the rest of this season as he did last night, we have a different gear we can go to when ever we need it. Will that carry forward, not yet sure because I just was not impressed with that wuff back court at all coming in to this game and I sure have not changed my view of that.

If I was an opposing coach, I would quickly cross off any attempts of trying to press us. Between Cadeau, RJ, Cormac and Harrison Ingram, each can advanced the ball and do so intelligently!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
At this point he is trying to aim the shot not just shoot it. He will correct this soon and just let his shot flow naturally. I don't really see any mechanical issues with it! EC commands this team when he is on like this and you can see him locking in!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT