ADVERTISEMENT

To take the next big step both Cadeau and Trimble need to look to score

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Unlike last year Trimble does not seem intimidated to drive to the hole and shoot a occasional corner three which is a tremendous improvement from last season,

Cadeau with his change of speeds and quicks can drive on anybody and I for one wish he would more often to either shoot, get fouled or dish off to a wide open teammate for an easy basket. Thru the first 9 games Cadeau does not seem to want to shoot from outside which is necessary so teams cannot pack the paint like their did last year against Bacot.

A point guard MUST ALSO shoot free throws better than sixty percent.

Bottom line it seems to me the point guards need to make opponents respect them and for Carolina to make a big run in the dance that have to contribute more to the offense. Agree or disagree…

Good post.
I felt there were times in the Florida St game that Cadeau just broke his guy down and went to the rack like Ty Lawson. If he can continue that, and add a pull up jumper like Joel Berry had, then that takes his game to another level.
I love what Trimble is currently doing, and don't really want him hunting shots, but get his looks on cuts and run outs. But this team needs to rebound and turn teams over better for that to happen.

Unlike last year Trimble does not seem intimidated to drive to the hole and shoot a occasional corner three which is a tremendous improvement from last season,
Yes.. good post ! I'm a yuge Trimble fan. He has a good handle, quick as a cat and when he decides to hit an opening he will get there quickly . Not to mention he is freaky athletic and both his 2 and 3pt. shooting %'s are really good this season so far with (ahem) restricted PT. Did I mention that he's also 6'3 and can get on people defensively like ugly on an ape.

I think we might be in another season of roles not being properly defined out of the gate and that might have caused EC some mental problems and that's a coaches fault. IMO EC should have started every game to get his confidence level up as he is a superior pg to RJ hands down and RJ is also a much better player statistically with EC as the primary pg.

This team has some really good parts but how the players will be developed is still a big question mark. jmo .. GO HEELS !!

Cadeau with his change of speeds and quicks can drive on anybody and I for one wish he would more often to either shoot, get fouled or dish off to a wide open teammate for an easy basket. Thru the first 9 games Cadeau does not seem to want to shoot from outside which is necessary so teams cannot pack the paint like their did last year against Bacot.

A point guard MUST ALSO shoot free throws better than sixty percent.

Bottom line it seems to me the point guards need to make opponents respect them and for Carolina to make a big run in the dance that have to contribute more to the offense. Agree or disagree…

Two thoughts.
1) admittedly Trimble is giving us more than I thought he would at this point. He is an asset and when used properly is going to be a force, and piss some other teams off.

2) Cadeau is going to be a much different player by the end of January or the middle of February. His methods are calculated and he is figuring some things out. You can just tell he is smarter than 95% of the people he is on the court with, but he is biding his time to unleash the beast (please forgive the cliche). He understands his role for now, and that he is a freshman playing with a bunch of upperclassmen, but is going to take on a more advanced role (self imposed and more confidently) in the next month or two.

I think Trimble has found his sweet spot. I expect him to break out against someone soon! He will frustrate peeps and then drop a highlight in their grill..priceless! EC is already a force you have to gameplan against and is slowly correcting any remaining youthful mistakes! His team mates and he are figuring out how to play together and soon we will run like track stars because you just know he will find you! I do see some hesitation to shoot from the perimeter but I expect the mid-range and driving are too instinctive for him to ever hesitate!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT