ADVERTISEMENT

Car accident

EMT's on the scene in well under a minute. That's impressive. I wonder if there was any need for them.

Someone in the YouTube comments claimed to be the corvette driver and said LEO’s told him the girl driving the truck was intoxicated.

Corvettes aren’t exactly known for their beefy crash structure. That guy got really lucky.

Except for the first impact that rolled the truck on it's side (which we didn't see), I think they all did. It's amazing - big vehicle moving at a pretty good clip. Could have been really bad.

Someone in the YouTube comments claimed to be the corvette driver and said LEO’s told him the girl driving the truck was intoxicated.

Corvettes aren’t exactly known for their beefy crash structure. That guy got really lucky.
what about the girl driving the truck? I slowed down the playback to see if any of that stuff flying up in the air was formerly attached to her. It looked like the cab should have been sheared off but it seemed to still be intact.

Except for the first impact that rolled the truck on it's side (which we didn't see), I think they all did. It's amazing - big vehicle moving at a pretty good clip. Could have been really bad.
I assume the first impact was to the 'vette, and the truck swerved causing the collision to send it on its side as it did. Am I right? If the truck driver survived it's hard to believe.

I assume the first impact was to the 'vette, and the truck swerved causing the collision to send it on its side as it did. Am I right? If the truck driver survived it's hard to believe.
Maybe the vette, just can't tell. If you watch until the dash cam vehicle pulls up towards the intersection, it looks like the cab/roofline of the truck is actually intact. It never ceases to impress me how good vehicles are designed now from a safety standpoint.

Reactions: bluetoe
She was texting and traveling 80mph
There are caution signs that flash ahead of that intersection when the light turns red.
I think several were airlifted out, but eventually no serious injuries.

what about the girl driving the truck? I slowed down the playback to see if any of that stuff flying up in the air was formerly attached to her. It looked like the cab should have been sheared off but it seemed to still be intact.

Assuming that comment was legit, she was taken to the hospital and will be charged with DUI when she's released. I'm sure she'll have some other charges in there too. Reckless endangerment, reckless driving, etc.

Sounds like everyone survived.

Never drive convertible Corvettes!

Convertibles suck anyways. And if you're buying a corvette, even the coupe has a removable targa top, unless you're buying a Z06 or ZR1 which are the only corvettes worth owning in my opinion.

Convertibles suck anyways. And if you're buying a corvette, even the coupe has a removable targa top, unless you're buying a Z06 or ZR1 which are the only corvettes worth owning in my opinion.
I love vintage Corvettes.

I have some pretty morbid personal associations with Corvettes.

She was texting and traveling 80mph
There are caution signs that flash ahead of that intersection when the light turns red.
I think several were airlifted out, but eventually no serious injuries.
It was so fast, I still can't tell what happened. I see the damage after the "missile vehicle" flies through the scene. But, I can't tell what that was, how it got on two wheels, or anything. 80 mph is dangerous on a road like that.

It was so fast, I still can't tell what happened. I see the damage after the "missile vehicle" flies through the scene. But, I can't tell what that was, how it got on two wheels, or anything. 80 mph is dangerous on a road like that.
I think whatever she initially hit launched her. Maybe a trailer. Also, the fire truck had to be at the gas station to respond that quick. They are several miles from that intersection. They host an awesome haunted trail at Halloween

Corvettes we’re cool in the 60s and 70s and then became super douchey in the 80s and irrelevant after that.

Glad everyone survived. Scary.

Assuming that comment was legit, she was taken to the hospital and will be charged with DUI when she's released. I'm sure she'll have some other charges in there too. Reckless endangerment, reckless driving, etc.

Sounds like everyone survived.
is there a law against driving while monumentally stupid and one against having complete disregard for the lives of others? She should be treated legally as if she had killed a few people. She easily could have.

I love vintage Corvettes.

I have some pretty morbid personal associations with Corvettes.

I do like the earlier corvette models. The problem with those older cars is they look gorgeous, but they brake and handle like turds. Very easy to crash a car that can reach high speeds but isn't very efficient at getting back down from said speed.

is there a law against driving while monumentally stupid and one against having complete disregard for the lives of others? She should be treated legally as if she had killed a few people. She easily could have.

You won't hear any argument from me. I was in an accident on new year's day 2021, some dumbass girl hydroplaned in the left lane (driving too fast for conditions) and then did the one f*cking thing you don't do when hydroplaning, slammed her brakes and then spun into me and flipped me. I'm guessing I'll have occasional neck pain and stiffness for the rest of my life. But I was lucky not to be killed.

That's not as bad as drinking and driving, but does point out the fact that it is practically impossible to account for the stupidity of other people on the road. Most people have no clue how to really handle a car, even if they're sober.

You won't hear any argument from me. I was in an accident on new year's day 2021, some dumbass girl hydroplaned in the left lane (driving too fast for conditions) and then did the one f*cking thing you don't do when hydroplaning, slammed her brakes and then spun into me and flipped me. I'm guessing I'll have occasional neck pain and stiffness for the rest of my life. But I was lucky not to be killed.

That's not as bad as drinking and driving, but does point out the fact that it is practically impossible to account for the stupidity of other people on the road. Most people have no clue how to really handle a car, even if they're sober.
Dang dude, glad you Ok. You don't need to find out if there really is a God to soon 😀

Seriously, if they prove she was driving and texting, needs to be handled the same as a DUI. I traverse that intersection several times a week. Hard to miss the flashing lights and stopping traffic.

Dang dude, glad you Ok. You don't need to find out if there really is a God to soon 😀

Seriously, if they prove she was driving and texting, needs to be handled the same as a DUI. I traverse that intersection several times a week. Hard to miss the flashing lights and stopping traffic.

No kidding.

And it would be extra stupid if she was on her phone and intoxicated, considering a red light at an intersection is basically the only acceptable time to quickly check your phone and get off a quick text.

Reactions: Grayhead

Glad it wasn't worse.

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT