ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina at Georgia Tech game thread on: Tuesday 30 January 2024

You’re spot on. IMO you can’t play Wojcik unless you’re in foul trouble or there’s injuries. To have him and Withers on the floor together really can’t happen. You become too limited offensively on a team that has shown some offensive limitations.

It wasn’t a ton but the 1:32 they were on the floor together, we were outscored 5-0.

Don’t put your team in that position. You have a chance to open a huge lead and you oversubstitute.

Fortunately, I don’t think Wojcik will be in the rotation in March apart from special situations.
Right. Only special situation is we are up 25 with 8 mins left in 2nd half.

Reactions: ThunderBox
Right. Only special situation is we are up 25 with 8 mins left in 2nd half.
Lol. I do think he’ll play in real moments. More like sitting Ingram the last 30 seconds of the 1st half to protect him from his second foul.

Or if you have 3+ fouls to give on the last defensive possession of the half, I would have Wojcik use up some fouls to use up clock.

There’s a role for that. Hopefully not much more though.

Reactions: Heelicious
Hubert coached a gd game…can’t win them all.
Ryan/Ingrim shots won’t always fall…offnight happens.

But there is NO reason why MR Bacot should not have had a career night. No excuse!! That grown-man monster dunk by JWhashington is what Bacot should’ve been doing but of course he prefers 8ft hook shots, timid-layups, bunch of weak weak shidd. Glad Hubert benched his arsh.

Last edited:

But there is NO reason why MR Bacot should not have had a career night. No excuse!! That grown-man monster dunk by JWhashington is what Bacot should’ve been doing but of course he prefers 8ft hook shots, timid-layups, bunch of weak weak shidd. Glad Hubert benched his butt.
Agree. Just shocked that there was only one guy in double figures in scoring can’t win like that

Reactions: ThunderBox
You are probably right, but many of his fouls have been similar all year and they have been calling it.
Davis would’ve never been in that position if Bacot hadn’t been so weak weak all night long! EC would not have been in foul trouble if Mr weak-weak had done his part.

You are probably right, but many of his fouls have been similar all year and they have been calling it.
I thought the last two were awful ticky tack whistles. The first three he reverted a bit moving forward on the shots when being taken into the paint for a straight rise up from a bigger guard.

1st half he did well just standing there, hands straight up. He has improved in that area. It's tough when they are scoring on you though, and the competitor in him gets the better of him at times. If you make contact body or arm moving diagonal at all, no matter how much or how little, they are going to whistle him, and have consistently with him being underneath the bigger guy shooting.

they didn’t deserve to win this game. Would we have preferred the win? Sure. Should we be happy with 9-1 in conference? I think so.

I don’t know if this game/ loss will help them focus and come out angry on Sat. Hard to imagine us shooting this bad again at home. I think I like our odds better on Sat with us coming off a loss and dook and undeserved win - vs the other way around.

EC has to play smarter, look to score, and a or needs to give a lot more.

And we don’t need anything from wojcik - and I hope hub can learn when we are way ahead and clicking - it’s not the time to experiment with end of bench when game is still in doubt. Its end of Jan which means experiment time is long past over.

i appreciate Bacot's loyalty, but for me, his ship sailed a year ago. no emotion, no leadership (almost 24 yo), weak around the rim, average defender. meh
I've said it before, I won't be too sad to see him go. He got the numbers he has from the TIME he's been there- 6 years. I'm not saying he isn't, or wasn't, gifted. He contributed greatly to Tar Heel basketball. But, his ship has sailed. He's playing super soft. If he played with the intensity and level of RJ, UNC would be unstoppable. Bacot is phoning-it-in, imo.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
I've said it before, I won't be too sad to see him go. He got the numbers he has from the TIME he's been there- 6 years. I'm not saying he isn't, or wasn't, gifted. He contributed greatly to Tar Heel basketball. But, his ship has sailed. He's playing super soft. If he played with the intensity and level of RJ, UNC would be unstoppable. Bacot is phoning-it-in, imo.
I actually liked the new role that BC have been playing lately, it help open doors for others especially for EC. Most games to this point it has worked perfectly however, in the game last night he should have feasted! He prob will never again face a less inferior inside presence than what he faced last night yet instead of eating he got manhandled. His defender was deep in foul trouble but instead of attacking he resorted to side-ways baby hook shots, timid layups, and a bunch of other weak weak crap. If he had shown up and done his part the missed foul on RJ would’ve been irrelevant. As I mentioned before, I have no problem with a lost it was bound to happen at some point but at least go out fighting! JWash almost broke the damn rim! Win or lose that kid was ready for war! 5yr senior AB should’ve been ready as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
People are blaming Bacot like they did Love last season unfairly. Just unbelievable
Not true sir but that’s your opinion. Love went out on his sword, bro. Yeah didn’t quite work out as planned but when it was time to go beast mode that’s exactly what he did. Frankly, if there was away to bring him back and was able to successfully mix-in what he brings…with what RJ is cooking? I would do so in a heart beat!
Fact is, If we are to do something special in March we needdddd ABacot, and when situations calls for it we need for him to be that dude; 6’11 240lb BACOT! We might lose to dook Sat (that would suck), but go down fighting and most fans would be ok with that.

Last edited:

But there is NO reason why MR Bacot should not have had a career night. No excuse!! That grown-man monster dunk by JWhashington is what Bacot should’ve been doing but of course he prefers 8ft hook shots, timid-layups, bunch of weak weak shidd. Glad Hubert benched his arsh.

But there is NO reason why MR Bacot should not have had a career night. No excuse!!
No reason, no excuse? Isn't it more true that there is no reason you know of, rather than simply dismiss this as no excuse? What if there were a reason or excuse that you did NOT know about? I believe you are assuming you know all you need to know, I believe you have concluded that all of the sudden Bacot no longer really cares, has just decided that he does not need to work all that hard, he is mailing it in?

Don't trust me on this, ask AJ, he is at every one of our games, he talks to all out players and coaches every week during the season. You tell AJ that this kid is phoning it in and I gurantee you AJ will tell you real quick that there is not another kid on this team that wants this team to win any more than Bacot, that the kid will literally do what ever is in his power to help this team win. The kid wants his jersey in the rafters and he wants a Natty ring. This is a kid that separated his hip in a game as a freshman with us and didn't miss a single game. This is a kid that has ended the last 2 seasons with us on crutches and missed how many games? Yet you are going to question his work ethic?

You and everyone else is right, what we are watching from Bacot is not the Bacot we all know. There is something physically wrong and he is not talking about it. I suspect there may be some ligament damage in that ankle, he seems to be running ok but I suspect trying to fight thru all the weight that comes from multiple defenders is limiting him, he isn't going up strong on either end of the court. Sure, he may be in a different role on offense but that would not effect his defensive rebounding.

Look, let's say the reason Bacot's offense is down is just because he has moved to another role, he is going to set screens for our drivers and they are not going to make it a focus that Bacot touches the ball every trip. But we now have last night, GT lost their best big man a couple minutes in to this game, that alone should have opened the door wide for either Bacot or Ingram to feast on a second stringer, didn't happen. Other than RJ no one else was jump shooting well and Cadeau picks up 5 quick second half fouls making RJ our PG for the rest of the game and we all know that means we are a half court team for the rest of that game. So the newer game plan that has Bacot taking a step back and let our guards feature is crippled by the loss of Cadeau. The rest of those GT big men all found foul trouble so Bacot could go against GT 2nd and 3rd string bigs that are in foul trouble? Rather than a feast Bacot barely got a snack, we all saw that. So why didn't we revert back to Bacot touches every time down, if new plan is not working why not go back to something else you are used to playing, right? ONLY Reason I can think of that didn't happen is that Bacot for what ever reason can't physically without a LOT of pain. Same Bacot that was successfully guarding guards off switches earlier this season now struggles in the high pick switches and the only reason people can come up with is he doesn't care? This is Bacot's 5th season with us, until recently have you EVER saw Bacot as a lazy player, judging by comments on this board for that whole time I can tell you that Bacot as a lazy player has never been a question until now? It should not be a go to explanation now and you have years of reasons why.

Sir we are all rabid Tar Heel fans typing on a keyboard and you are absolutely right I only wished I was in the know like those mentioned. They would call me SuperFan (….get it “SuperFan”/Man)…arr tough crowd.

But just to push back and gently quell your pitch, do you really think nice man Coach Hubert Davis would’ve benched Bacot for over 5min and chewed him a new a#*hole…alllll while knowing there was some type of injury involved? My guess is he wouldn’t have been allowed to suit up at all if that was the case.

In short, I think it’s find to call-out a player when that player underperforms…my opinion hurts know one! You saying that it could be because of “Lot of pain” due to some injury, “Ligament damage in his ankle”…wait what?

Again, I don’t think Coach Davis would’ve had him out there if any of that was remotely true. For a stupid GT game…mid season? No.

Off to the next game! Kill dook!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
Not blaming just bacot for the GT loss because there were a lot of players not playing to their potential. bacot does need to be stronger around the rim. Just wish he would stronger and more aggressive like some post players in the past. If he was along with the extra year of eligibility he should be the all time leading scorer. Hope he turns it on for the rest of the season.

I actually liked the new role that BC have been playing lately, it help open doors for others especially for EC. Most games to this point it has worked perfectly however, in the game last night he should have feasted! He prob will never again face a less inferior inside presence than what he faced last night yet instead of eating he got manhandled. His defender was deep in foul trouble but instead of attacking he resorted to side-ways baby hook shots, timid layups, and a bunch of other weak weak crap. If he had shown up and done his part the missed foul on RJ would’ve been irrelevant. As I mentioned before, I have no problem with a lost it was bound to happen at some point but at least go out fighting! JWash almost broke the damn rim! Win or lose that kid was ready for war! 5yr senior AB should’ve been ready as well.
Assume the BC is bacot I was confused for a min. Agree he should have more aggressive and make the dang layups.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT