ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina at Pitt game thread

Well crap. Here we go. You KNOW the insides is coming so we had better be ready. Extra point miss means not much at this point. We have to get the damn ball.

We blew a number of opportunities on offense. Lucky to win, though we should have won by at least 17.

Good win for the heels and even better on the road!

1st place in the Coastal, but we just have to keep winning. I don't care if we are favored the rest of the way, we have to win.

I like our chances, but you know dook will be ready so we need to take their sorry arses to the woodshed to make me feel a lot better about things.

VERY nice win!!! Congratulations to our TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE that Dexter Lawrence in the secondary!!

Rest up and get ready to RUMBLE with the Dark Side

HEEL YEAH BABY!!! Man, that one was closer than it should've been but give Pitt credit -- they showed a TON of fight and stopped us on some 3rd and shorts that we would ordinarily pick up.

Wasn't pretty by any means but you gotta scratch out an away win on Thursday night anyway you can. Second half was ugly but I will take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday!!

GO HEELS! March towards Charlotte!

Definitely hate that the Heels let Pitt back in the game, but that is more testament to their defense than anything. Their defense finally showed up in the second half, but unfortunately for them it was too little, too late. Onward and upward Heels! On to the dookies!!!

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
We NEVER make it easy on ourselves do we??? Tonight, and historically. My heart rate is just now settling down.

I stand corrected, happily so. I didn't think we could throw body blows and win ugly vs Pitt on the road. Well, partially wrong. We did big play them in the first half, and they couldn't keep up. But that 2nd half? Ewww....blocked punt, 2 Hood fumbles, 2 phantom PI penalties (Simmons and Shak), near INT, dumb non- fair catch by Switz, some disconnected play calling (big surprise), etc.

Hats off to winning a battle of body shots, and taking as good as we got. Gotta love that maturing D. Hats off to Chiz. And Fed. Great win.

We NEVER make it easy on ourselves do we??? Tonight, and historically. My heart rate is just now settling down.

I stand corrected, happily so. I didn't think we could throw body blows and win ugly vs Pitt on the road. Well, partially wrong. We did big play them in the first half, and they couldn't keep up. But that 2nd half? Ewww....blocked punt, 2 Hood fumbles, 2 phantom PI penalties (Simmons and Shak), near INT, dumb non- fair catch by Switz, some disconnected play calling (big surprise), etc.

Hats off to winning a battle of body shots, and taking as good as we got. Gotta love that maturing D. Hats off to Chiz. And Fed. Great win.

Come on now...the punt block and 2 fumbles speak for themselves. The PI penalties were PI's, there were about 3 dropped INT's all night for the Heels and if Switzer had broken free on the non-fair catch, your tune would've been different. Also the play calling (for the large part) I thought was solid.

I'd prefer to beat a 1 loss ranked Dook team, by about 45.
Agree with that. Always looks better when you're beating "good" teams who are contending for the title and you earn it, rather than getting there by default. I think it not only makes the victory sweeter, but it's gonna look better in the polls.

Don't forget that this Pitt team has lost 1 game to No. 10 Iowa on a long fg at the end of the game at Iowa....This was a great win and the D shut Pitt down the whole night...Pitt is a good team people....

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I don't give a rats arse if dook or VT wins, just as long as WE win. Screw dook and every horse face coed on their campus!

I kinda hope we get dissed and aren't ranked. Let's go into the dook game with a severe chip on our shoulders and beat the living dog crap out of them

they don't have near as many good skill players as the last two years, right????

what is their strength?....cutcliffe's ability to get them focused and/or prepared?

oh i drink errryday, so it's a given i'll be lubed up at kickoff.

plus, it's halloween so it's the season for saucing.
Right there witchoo. Got a costume party to pre-game for (especially since I HATE dressing up). I'm going at this bad*** though (cc @Raising Heel)

Vikings-Poster-Saison3-3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT