ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs FAMU gamethread

Going to need the RB's to put in work all year to try and keep the defense off the field...

Mack doesn't have the best record against App State.

Next week is going to be really tough. I don't expect to beat ASU.

Not trying to start anything but how long before Criswell leaves. Hope I am wrong. He has talent just had Sam and drake to compete against.

Pro: Some big time talent on the offensive side of the ball. These guys look like legitimate elite athletes that can compete with anyone. Pair them up with a solid OL and this offense can be one of the best in the country the next few years.

Con: The defense was horrendous for most of the game. They forced a few turnovers late that made the final score look a lot more one sided than the game actually was. It doesn't matter how good the offense is if the defense can't turn it around quickly. We need to take big step forward next week if we're going to beat App. Then need to continue to improve the next two weeks before playing ND or that will be a massacre. Fortunately the D has a month to get better before conference play starts. Maybe by the time we play VT this unit will be looking better.

I don't understand why both lines are so weak. Our S&C team needs to figure some things out. Whatever they're doing isn't working.

Seems like that’s been a problem for a long time now… not sure what the deal is there because we clearly have some dudes up front on D

Reactions: tarheel0910
Here's a little piece of perspective that I stumbled across...

In 2016 Clemson beat Troy by a whopping 6 points. That team went on to win the national championship.

This team certainly has zero chance of winning a title, but maybe this will be more of a wake up call, and less of an indication of what's to come for the entire season. Still lots of time to improve the defense. Just find a way to get to 2-0 then we basically have a two week long tune up to get ready for ND.

I don't believe Chizik showed all of his defensive packages saturday. Probably didn't want App St to see what he has. I'm hoping that's the case because the D scheme was very basic most of the game. Secondary was horrible and that was my only area of concern. Balfour #14 was picked on all day and rightfully so.. he was horrible.

Seems like that’s been a problem for a long time now… not sure what the deal is there because we clearly have some dudes up front on D
For quite awhile the Carolina Way has been the ability to play down to competition.

I don't believe Chizik showed all of his defensive packages saturday. Probably didn't want App St to see what he has. I'm hoping that's the case because the D scheme was very basic most of the game. Secondary was horrible and that was my only area of concern. Balfour #14 was picked on all day and rightfully so.. he was horrible.
If not, teams are going to have a ton of redzone opportunities. The word was "simplify" all camp long... And 2015 Chizik had no probs giving up tons of yards tween the 20's.

For quite awhile the Carolina Way has been the ability to play down to competition.

That’s certainly been a problem historically. But hopefully we’re getting to the point where there is enough talent to overwhelm a lot of teams even on a bad day. Just need to win enough games this year to be appealing to elite talent. That’s why this year is so crucial IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT