ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Iowa (Friday at 7 pm on ACCN)

Indiana St scored 3 in the bottom of the 8th to pull out a 6-5 win over Wright St

Other than in Little League, I have never seen a pitcher throw back to back pitches that go just over the head of a ducking batter.

Alvarez opens top of 2nd with infield single, which the 2nd baseman throws into the dugout, giving Alvarez 2nd base.

This game has sickened me for the most part, But here in the bottom of the 9th the team is showing that it does have a pulse.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I got a sickening feeling after giving up 2 in the 8th that the offense would put a couple on the board to no avail

What we have now is Iowa leading 5-4. There is 1 out and UNC has runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Frick took a called strike 3. 2 outs.

Syoekely then swings at 1st pitch fro strike 1

Collective failure by the squad. I would have bet on Frick to come through in the ninth. Disappointed that so many of our guys “tightened up”.

Do you think the field met specifications for an NCAA tournament? Mound rug, no warning tracks, painted synthetic infield. That place looked nasty. Obviously it did pass. Just sour grapes.

Reactions: diehardblue41
wish he would have bunted with one out and runners on 2nd and 3rd . .. worked against nc state.

That was the 9 hole hitter who executed the squeeze bunt against State. No way you bunt Frick with the go ahead run in scoring position, especially as hot as his bat has been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT