ADVERTISEMENT

Chancellor: Pandemic has cost UNC-Chapel Hill more than $100M

DF1972

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2006
During a meeting with faculty members and others Friday, University of North Carolina Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz said the estimated economic impact of the pandemic on the university has already topped $100 million, and administrators expect to lose another $55 million this fall in housing and dining revenue now that most students have left campus. (WRAL.com)

The town of Chapel Hill, especially the downtown businesses, has to be devastated too.

Send the bill to the Communist Chinese party who LIED to the entire world in December and January about this virus .They owe the world trillions...... this is a part of that.

Reactions: Stever45 and tazki
The town of Chapel Hill, especially the downtown businesses, has to be devastated too.
The closing of Moe’s marks the latest in a series of Franklin Street and Chapel Hill businesses that have not made it through the economic challenges presented by COVID-19. In April, Lotsa Stone Fired Pizza permanently closed its doors. More recently, Lula’s Fried Chicken and Ms Mong on East Franklin Street announced they too would not be reopening. (Chapelboro.com)
UNC’s decision to switch to a remote learning model and move students off campus came after university data showed 130 students tested positive for coronavirus in the first week of classes. This remote learning model means the Chapel Hill community will say goodbye to many students as dorms close and university buildings are shuttered. (Chapelboro.com)

the K&W Cafeteria has closed. Where the hell am I supposed to get liver and onions now? Maybe Popeye's or McDonald's will start offering it.

Send the bill to the Communist Chinese party who LIED to the entire world in December and January about this virus .They owe the world trillions...... this is a part of that.
I'm all for blame someone. My question is this, how do you suppose to make them pay? Would it have changed the spread of covid? I agree, they should have sounded the alarm earlier, but it was already to late at that point. We were going to face this regardless. May have taken longer, but same result. I still think everyone will be exposed eventually, if not already

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT