ADVERTISEMENT

Chizik

berry30

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2007
Here is my question. Some others have referenced this, but have we not made it " official " because Chiz can talk to recruits during the dead period because he has not " officially " been hired? Are we bucking the system or taking an advantage while following the rules?

I understand the vetting process due to this being the first hire or a major hire after the report came out. I just want some validation here. IMO I think it will come to fruition, but I hope it happens soon.

Go Heels!

Originally posted by berry30:

Here is my question. Some others have referenced this, but have we not made it " official " because Chiz can talk to recruits during the dead period because he has not " officially " been hired? Are we bucking the system or taking an advantage while following the rules?
the key phrase in your post is "following the rules." i don't know what you mean by bucking the system, but if our program is following the rules i have no problem.

What makes his hiring "official" in your opinion? A press conference? A press release?

Is UNC obligated to do either?

With all of our latest issues my " bucking the system " comment basically meant doing something under the rules, but others cannot. Meaning Chiz talking to recruits while other coaches cannot due to him not being " officially " hired yet.

What is official? Yes, I would love to see a press conference. Something to validate the hire. I am just excited and have waited long enough.

Not trying to stir up stuff guys. Just want this exciting news we have heard about to come to fruition finally. I am on your side.

Go Heels!!

I'm with you Berry30. Why wouldn't they want to have a presser to show the fan base that its official? That's typically the MO. The fact that it hasn't happened leads me to believe the vetting process is still ongoing and that in itself worries me. But I could be whining about nothing....

Maybe we are just now learning how the big boys act. Maybe it was by design,so he could go out and recruit. Who said it was a yes by all already but not signing the deal until the dead period was over. You find a loop hole in the rule. Why not use it to your advantage. You don't think ather schools don't do that. I think it's great!!!!! To mean it tells me we are really trying to become a player in college football landscape. The squeaky clean, The Carolinia Way, is over. We already destroyed that for a while.

Originally posted by heelbent:
What makes his hiring "official" in your opinion? A press conference? A press release?

Is UNC obligated to do either?
Signing a contract makes it official for certain, but my guess is that there is another line of demarcation, such as once due diligence has begun.

I am not an expert on rules but I do know that he is officially hired once he and UNC sign a contract. Second, can people outside of our coaches talk to recruits during this period? By talking, I mean recruiting. Aren't there rules governing the kind of conversations alumni, Ramshead members, etc. can have with recruits?

So all those inbred moo fans that send tweets to our recruits are boosters if they've bought a ticket to a moo game?

Wellllllllllllllll...

Originally posted by heelbent:

So all those inbred moo fans that send tweets to our recruits are boosters if they've bought a ticket to a moo game?

Wellllllllllllllll...
Technically correct. And depending on how the NCAA defines "promote" it's a violation for fans of any school to interact with recruits. Irks me when Heels fans tweet at recruits but the rule is completely unenforceable.

Maryland's compliance department tweeted a pretty funny reminder last week:

@TerpsCompliance
#TBT Signing day reminder. Don't risk anyone's eligibility being #TAKEN away, leave the recruiting to the coaches.

umdtaken.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT