ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Dean Smith's strengths and weaknesses as a coach

KeeLo

Freshman
Feb 26, 2002
NW NC
I grew up watching the early and mid 90s teams. Coach Smith's general side-court manner and demeanor stood out. But coaching strategy and approach is not something I'm familiar with.

Coach Smith's contributions to the game are often talked about. But what about his weaknesses as a coach? I know he had some. I'd like to hear about his weaknesses in addition to his strengths coaching the game that so many love

Smith mask his weaknesses. It could be said he took advantage of others who tried to exploit any he had. He was a master at his craft. As the Bible says, In my weakness, we are made strong.

He didn't seek numbers and stats like everyone else. The assist was just as important as the score. People look at not chasing numbers as weakness. The greats don't care for that. He would rather use a players weakness to make them better. Even if they lost a game over it

Untimely injuries and early deflections cost him at least 3 NCs is the only negative to a storied career.
Other than that he was the best ever.

Dean was a master of working the refs without showing his ass or ranting and raving!

Weakness he held TO's just like Roy!

Dean was a master of working the refs without showing his ass or ranting and raving!

Weakness he held TO's just like Roy!

Oh, my bad, wrong dean smith

Here one LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT