ADVERTISEMENT

cuse vs UNC GAME THREAD--Tuesday 26 February

usa_today_11853127.0.jpg

Well, that will do it. Ugly game for a lot of reasons, not so much because of how we played, but not what I expected in this game. A win is a win, though, so get past Clemson and go hammer the dookies!

Refs were super gratuitous to us tonight, but Coby was amazing after that first turnover and we got the win.

Whew! that was an excellent win against a tough Cuse team that wouldn't go away. They hit a ton of guarded shots. What can you say about Coby? He just totally carried this team on his back tonight. Without him having a huge game on both ends, we lose for sure.

34/37 (91%) from the line, and Cuse missed at least 10. What a difference that made!

Refs were super gratuitous to us tonight, but Coby was amazing after that first turnover and we got the win.
meh - first half maybe...but second half no way. Totally evened it up and gave Cuse a lot more calls (fouls on us, few on them, until it was out of reach).

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
The refs were super nice in the first half... if syracuse could actually shoot freethrows this game may go the other way... i counted 17 fouls called on us in the second half... syrscuse was in the bonus 10 minutes in the second half; with 7:06 to play they were in the double bonus and we still werent in the bonus...

Reactions: Archer2
Well, that will do it. Ugly game for a lot of reasons, not so much because of how we played, but not what I expected in this game. A win is a win, though, so get past Clemson and go hammer the dookies!
It was ugly in many ways, but a thing of pure beauty for #2 for us. Any lesser player might have frozen up or forced shots, and we would've been screwed.
I actually didn't think our defense was bad, all game long.....Cuse just hit some tough shots. And they are bigger and more athletic than us inside, giving Nas and Brooks fits sometimes.

They've had some clunkers but remember Cuse beat Dook in HIS and played them reasonably close at home. I agree with whoever said they will make the tourney and be a tough out. They have some good players who are a handful.

The team has too many weapons. I guess Coby's slump is over. Never was one. Luke only had 9 points tonight.

The refs were super nice in the first half... if syracuse could actually shoot freethrows this game may go the other way... i counted 17 fouls called on us in the second half... syrscuse was in the bonus 10 minutes in the second half; with 7:06 to play they were in the double bonus and we still werent in the bonus...
I am talking about on missed calls, not foul totals.

They missed calls both ways, but I felt we definitely benefited from it mostly.

Coby White and 1 was questionably a charge. 1 or 2 oob calls went our way when definitely off of us. And coby white had an over the back not called that was pretty egregious.

I mean, I am not complaining, but I would be a liar to say we didn't get the better of it this game. Heaven knows we are on the loser end way more often than not.

About time we hit some FTs. Really shocked the cuse didn’t try and hold the ball longer than they did.

The team usually wins or loses behind the play of Luke Maye. The guys won a very tough game and Luke had an off night. That's a good sign.

As has been stated, I hope Nassir is okay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT