ADVERTISEMENT

Day = Complete

Blue2010

Hall of Famer
Aug 8, 2010
CajunFiletSandwichCombo.png.jpgx

On this note -- the wife and I are completely at odds over this -- I think the Bojangles cajun filet deluxe (w/ bacon, of course) sandwich is WAY better than Chic-Fil-A in the chicken sandwich category. Tell me I'm not alone in this belief.

CajunFiletSandwichCombo.png.jpgx

On this note -- the wife and I are completely at odds over this -- I think the Bojangles cajun filet deluxe (w/ bacon, of course) sandwich is WAY better than Chic-Fil-A in the chicken sandwich category. Tell me I'm not alone in this belief.
Personally, I like the spicy chicken at chick-fil-a better, but the Cajun filet is good as well.

Well, I think the Cajun Filet is best served as a biscuit, so to me, it's a different category. Best thing you can get for breakfast, though.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Siding with @Raising Heel and @heelz2345 and @tarheel0910 on parts of this. My views:

1. Cajun Filet Biscuit is muchhhh better than the Cajun Filet Deluxe Sandwich. I accidentally got served the latter once and all it made me do was want a CFB even more.

2. Spicy chicken sandwich from CFA is even better than the original CFA sandwich... but, kinda like the cajun filet versus cajun deluxe, IMO you gotta get the spicy chicken sandwich "plain" with just pickles.... not the deluxe version with lettuce and tomato that is the one pictured as the #3 Combo on chick-fil-a's menu. The regular spicy chicken is phenomenal. Regardless, both the original CFA chicken sammich and spicy chicken sammich are better than the Cajun Filet Biscuit.

3. No one asked, but Boberry Biscuit is still the GOAT of breakfast sweets.

Reactions: heelz2345
Chick fil a is decent IMO. Nothin great to me about it. I eat there quite a bit but I get the chicken cool wrap or the grilled nuggets more than anything. It's good. I enjoy it. But it doesn't excite me. Cajun filet delux excites the hell outta my taste buds.

Chick fil a is decent IMO. Nothin great to me about it. I eat there quite a bit but I get the chicken cool wrap or the grilled nuggets more than anything. It's good. I enjoy it. But it doesn't excite me. Cajun filet delux excites the hell outta my taste buds.
No wonder you don't think it's good if you're getting the chicken cool wrap or the grilled nuggets. Those are the two blandest tasting things on their menu.

How many times do I need to say this... it's the kickin' chicken sammich. It's always been the kickin' chicken sammich.

ls.jpg
SOB.......... I haven't thought about this in years but randomly your poast just reminded me I used to date a girl who was kin to the guys who started Zaxbys. Shit, I should've stayed with her and cashed in.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I agree...nothing against CFA, but to me they don't even compare to Bojangles' greatness.

I used to be a bigger fan of CFA, especially their breakfast burrito, but it's gone way downhill. I don't know if they are just overcrowded at this point, but the damn things always fall apart -- a complete deal-breaker for me. I cannot stand wraps / sandwiches that are so overloaded or soggy that the damn things cannot stay intact. The last breakfast burrito I got there...was eating it while driving and ****ing water started leaking out of it and one bite later, the entire thing just collapsed. I have not been that pissed off this whole year. And then the debacle where they decided to dick around and change their BBQ sauce... And don't get me started on those germ-infested playgrounds. But yea, the sandwiches are decent.

Okay, so here's my take on this since I know how hugely important this topic is (not sarcasm --> also not sarcasm). I'm going to leave the cajun filet biscuit out of this since we're talking about sandwiches here. The cajun filet sandwich at Bojangles is very good. Personally, I do not prefer the club version over the normal version. This is what you guys are calling the "deluxe." Chick-fil-A calls theirs the deluxe, get it right. Negative points for all of you on that one. Anyway, the reason I prefer the normal over the club is that the bacon interferes too much with the chicken. Chicken sandwiches should always stay simple, so keep the conflicting flavors to a minimum.

Alright, now onto Chick-fil-A. I'm just going to keep this short and sweet. The Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich reigns supreme over absolutely everything you can get in a fast food restaurant, and it's really not close. I love Bojangles, I really do, but when you want a chicken sandwich, you go to Chick-fil-A. It's perfectly juicy, just the right amount of burn, and the most obvious choice why it's the winner is because Chick-fil-A's chicken sandwich needs absolutely nothing to compliment it. Chicken, bread, pickles. That's it, that's all it needs, and actually, the pickles aren't even necessary. The deluxe version doesn't need mayo since the chicken is so juicy and flavorful on it's own. You can add their sauces to it if you really want to, but I never see the need to do it. Chick-fil-A has perfected the chicken sandwich. It's time to stop disputing this.

Thread over. Thank you for your time.

Rejecting bacon? Who the F are you, and what have you done with @coolwaterunc ??
lol I figured someone would say this. My love for bacon is well documented, but for chicken sandwiches of the fried variety, leave the bacon out. For some reason, it just isn't the same. When I want fried chicken, I want to taste fried chicken, and when you add bacon to it, it overpowers it. Now, if it's grilled, go right on ahead and pile all the bacon you want because grilled chicken needs more help in the flavor department.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Okay, so here's my take on this since I know how hugely important this topic is (not sarcasm --> also not sarcasm). I'm going to leave the cajun filet biscuit out of this since we're talking about sandwiches here. The cajun filet sandwich at Bojangles is very good. Personally, I do not prefer the club version over the normal version. This is what you guys are calling the "deluxe." Chick-fil-A calls theirs the deluxe, get it right. Negative points for all of you on that one. Anyway, the reason I prefer the normal over the club is that the bacon interferes too much with the chicken. Chicken sandwiches should always stay simple, so keep the conflicting flavors to a minimum.

Alright, now onto Chick-fil-A. I'm just going to keep this short and sweet. The Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich reigns supreme over absolutely everything you can get in a fast food restaurant, and it's really not close. I love Bojangles, I really do, but when you want a chicken sandwich, you go to Chick-fil-A. It's perfectly juicy, just the right amount of burn, and the most obvious choice why it's the winner is because Chick-fil-A's chicken sandwich needs absolutely nothing to compliment it. Chicken, bread, pickles. That's it, that's all it needs, and actually, the pickles aren't even necessary. The deluxe version doesn't need mayo since the chicken is so juicy and flavorful on it's own. You can add their sauces to it if you really want to, but I never see the need to do it. Chick-fil-A has perfected the chicken sandwich. It's time to stop disputing this.

Thread over. Thank you for your time.

I'll spare you on this post since it's well-articulated, albeit way off base. I'm not saying Chic-Fil-A isn't good -- it's very good, but it just doesn't compare to Bojangles.

(Side note -- I mean this in a good, Christian way since it is Chic-Fil-A and all...but WTF is up with them being trained to say "My Pleasure" after every damn thing you say? You could walk up and literally say "Hi" and their response is "My pleasure." WTH?

Reactions: toophly1124
(Side note -- I mean this in a good, Christian way since it is Chic-Fil-A and all...but WTF is up with them being trained to say "My Pleasure" after every damn thing you say? You could walk up and literally say "Hi" and their response is "My pleasure." WTH?
Either that's something unique in your area or it's not something they train you for in GA. I don't think I've ever heard them say that.

Either that's something unique in your area or it's not something they train you for in GA. I don't think I've ever heard them say that.

Must be a Virginia thing then. Literally every single one I have been to here -- Lynchburg, VA Beach, Norfolk, Hampton Roads, Charlottesville, NoVA...you name it...they are religious (pun intended) about it.

Must be a Virginia thing then. Literally every single one I have been to here -- Lynchburg, VA Beach, Norfolk, Hampton Roads, Charlottesville, NoVA...you name it...they are religious (pun intended) about it.

FWIW, I don't mind the politeness...at all. I welcome it. But it just feels like they are being forced to be overly nice and it just comes across as less than genuine when they literally repeat it every single time. Kind of like the "Whole Foods" discussion we had here a while back.

@tarheel0910 @Blue2010 you're both wrong, per usual.

Yes, they are trained/required to say "My pleasure" in lieu of "You're welcome." But they won't say it after everything you say. They won't say it after you say "hi" lol. They only say it when they'd ordinarily say "my pleasure."

It's just company policy. Some of you get upset over silly things.... (and this is ME saying this)

@tarheel0910 @Blue2010 you're both wrong, per usual.

Yes, they are trained/required to say "My pleasure" in lieu of "You're welcome." But they won't say it after everything you say. They won't say it after you say "hi" lol. They only say it when they'd ordinarily say "my pleasure."

It's just company policy. Some of you get upset over silly things.... (and this is ME saying this)

"It would be my pleasure to serve you at the window. Please pull around."

That's the one I get ALL the time.

"It would be my pleasure to serve you at the window. Please pull around."

That's the one I get ALL the time.
Yeah.... that's a perfectly normal use of the phrase "my pleasure" lol. Blue said they'd just say it in response to anything you say, even "hi"

Mmmmm....now I want a spicy chicken sammich. I wish their drinks were bigger though. I always get the large.

I'll spare you on this post since it's well-articulated, albeit way off base. I'm not saying Chic-Fil-A isn't good -- it's very good, but it just doesn't compare to Bojangles.

You're just going to have to settle for being wrong, and that's okay. I will say, though, if I had to choose between the chicken biscuits, Bojangles wins in a greater landslide than Chick-fil-A won between the sandwiches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT