ADVERTISEMENT

De-Fund the U.N. - NOW!

Trump has been talking about suspending refugee influx to the US from REGIONS on the Middle East that are terrorist hotbeds. He has specifically listed Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen and Sudan as part of that group. That is what I'm talking about. He has maintained for quite a while now that he is not talking about a ban on all Muslims, although evidently you and everyone in the propaganda wing of the DNC are spewing that meme...
Sorry, I can only go by what comes out of his mouth not what his aides try to tell us what he meant to say.

Sorry, I can only go by what comes out of his mouth not what his aides try to tell us what he meant to say.

Lol. What a crock of shit. You only go by things which confirm your bias.

Trump has said numerous times that he was referring to people from a region, not a religion. He has also put that very sentiment in writing on his website. Yet you chose not to believe that for some reason.

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.

Lol. What a crock of shit. You only go by things which confirm your bias.

Trump has said numerous times that he was referring to people from a region, not a religion. He has also put that very sentiment in writing on his website. Yet you chose not to believe that for some reason.

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch.
Maybe he needs to start reading his website before he opens his stupid mouth.

Lol. As I said, confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance have you by the short and curlies.

The Dead Sea is less salty than you at this point.

Lol. As I said, confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance have you by the short and curlies.

The Dead Sea is less salty than you at this point.
Yeah, I know, I've heard it from you before, he's not as stupid as he says he is.

Yeah, I know, I've heard it from you before, he's not as stupid as he says he is.
To be fair, he never says he's stupid. He just exhibits his ignorance and stupidity when he speaks and tweets. I'm sure he'll come around, though.

I can't count the times I've seen you refer to the man as stupid; yet he's a billionaire and in a few days will become the most powerful man in the world.

Meanwhile, all I know about you is the fact you sit on a message board on the internet and piss and moan about his rise to fame, fortune and power.

It must really hurt to know someone so obviously inferior has kicked your ass at life so very badly, eh?

I can't count the times I've seen you refer to the man as stupid; yet he's a billionaire and in a few days will become the most powerful man in the world.

Meanwhile, all I know about you is the fact you sit on a message board on the internet and piss and moan about his rise to fame, fortune and power.

It must really hurt to know someone so obviously inferior has kicked your ass at life so very badly, eh?
Well damn. Someone is cranky this morning.

Reactions: heelbent

I'm waiting for something to come out of his mouth to prove me wrong.

Well damn. Someone is cranky this morning.

Not at all. I just don't understand how anyone can honestly think the man is stupid. He's been smart enough to go against every convention in his rise to the WH and succeed. He's beaten odds so great against him that even the majority of his supporters didn't think he could win and stymied the press to the point of making them look childish and silly at times. They were actually part of his campaign strategy...the DNC spent millions on commercials while Trump was in our face 24/7 for nothing because the media kept him there.

Our next president may be many things but stupid ain't one of them, folks.

I've been thinking about your post and I think to a degree you're right. Stupid is not the correct term. I do believe with all my heart that the man suffers from NPD and to other people he comes across as being stupid.

I've been thinking about your post and I think to a degree you're right. Stupid is not the correct term. I do believe with all my heart that the man suffers from NPD and to other people he comes across as being stupid.

I wouldn't argue that point for a second. All I know is he's been underestimated from the jump during his run to the presidency and he's proven to be no dummy. I think he has horrible communication skills and an ego the size of NYC. After all, the only reason the man ran for POTUS is because Obama embarrassed him at the press dinner a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't argue that point for a second. All I know is he's been underestimated from the jump during his run to the presidency and he's proven to be no dummy. I think he has horrible communication skills and an ego the size of NYC. After all, the only reason the man ran for POTUS is because Obama embarrassed him at the press dinner a couple of years ago.
I'm not sure those are good qualities for the leader of the free world.

Reactions: strummingram
I'm not sure those are good qualities for the leader of the free world.

I never said he was a great guy. But regardless of his faults he found a way to get enough people to vote for him to win the election. I don't think a simpleton could pull that off.

But i'm at the point where we just let em fight it out and may the strongest survive.

This would be by far the best tactic.

Eventually, it will become extinct, and it will come by its own hand. It's not a threat, just a fact.

This is in no way, shape, or form a fact. To assert such discredits your argument, as this is very clearly an opinion.

Keep trying to remedy violence with more violence. It's working exactly the way it should.

Keep trying to remedy violence with inaction - it's working out great.

Not to mention... they don't do well winning the popular vote either.

Winning the popular vote is meaningless. It's like when they award the MVP of the Super Bowl to a member of the losing team. Sure, maybe that nice pat on the back helps them console themselves as they come to grips with the fact they didn't do enough to win - but at the end of the day it's merely a consolation prize. I don't care much for consolation prizes, and I'm assuming they don't either.

Not in the least. He should be keeping you up though. Have you got back in the market yet?

The market is up 6.5% since the election. That's a solid gain for an entire year, and it's happened in less than 2 months. I know people with political views similar to yours will in the future attribute this gain to Obama's term, but anyone with a remote knowledge of how the market works knows it is forward-looking, and that the gain should be attributed to the market's views on the upcoming Trump presidency.

Keep trying to remedy violence with inaction - it's working out great.
I never said inaction. I never even implied inaction. I am encouraging not using the exact same action. Big difference. "If I just keep slicing open my skin, I'll eventually stop bleeding." Yeah... you'll run out of blood and the body will die.

And, yes, it was my opinion that the human race will play a major role in its own demise. However, its actions (verifiable data, for you) are strong indicators of that inevitability. If for no other reason than its own ego and refusal to stop trying to remedy an action that is not serving them by performing the exact same action over and over and over, expecting different results. And, even more so by never allowing themselves to be "wrong" about something... the ego again.

I never said inaction. I never even implied inaction. I am encouraging not using the exact same action. Big difference. "If I just keep slicing open my skin, I'll eventually stop bleeding." Yeah... you'll run out of blood and the body will die.

So what type of action are you advocating for, in response to groups of people who want nothing more in life than to kill you - and are willing to kill themselves to accomplish that goal?

The market is up 6.5% since the election. That's a solid gain for an entire year, and it's happened in less than 2 months. I know people with political views similar to yours will in the future attribute this gain to Obama's term, but anyone with a remote knowledge of how the market works knows it is forward-looking, and that the gain should be attributed to the market's views on the upcoming Trump presidency.
The market is overvalued, we're due for a correction no matter whose in the WH. The president gets too much blame when the market is down and too much credit when its up. They really have very little to do with how it does.

Reactions: strummingram
The market is overvalued, we're due for a correction no matter whose in the WH.

Overvalued compared to what? Yes, it's towards the higher end of the historical spectrum on valuations, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's overvalued. You'll eventually be right that there's a correction coming, but who knows when that will be. There are a lot of people, and a lot of money, in the market right now that are betting that the market continues to climb, at least for a little while.

The president gets too much blame when the market is down and too much credit when its up. They really have very little to do with how it does.

Agreed.

So what type of action are you advocating for, in response to groups of people who want nothing more in life than to kill you - and are willing to kill themselves to accomplish that goal?
In direct response to? First, I would encourage Americans to take a very close look at the long-term, unintended negative consequences of our country's involvement in that region... and have some empathy, some humility, and some culpability for the current situation. Most Americans refuse to do that. In their minds, we only do "good" things. They never truly understand the separation between average citizen instinct and desire and bought - off politician/corporate incentives. Regardless, doing the same thing isn't benefiting us.

But, there's an even further step back that needs to occur. Human beings are taught that the group they're born to, or ally with, or look and talk like, is the superior group. That's never been the case. It's a relative perception. Anything you do to another person, you do it to yourself... it's THAT simple. Treat others as you wish to be treated starts and ends with you. If you base that on "well, if they're cruel to me, then I'm going to retaliate by being more cruel to them", then you're ignoring the Golden Rule and you have no one to blame but yourself. Inaction isn't the culprit.

In direct response to? First, I would encourage Americans to take a very close look at the long-term, unintended negative consequences of our country's involvement in that region... and have some empathy, some humility, and some culpability for the current situation. Most Americans refuse to do that. In their minds, we only do "good" things. They never truly understand the separation between average citizen instinct and desire and bought - off politician/corporate incentives. Regardless, doing the same thing isn't benefiting us.

But, there's an even further step back that needs to occur. Human beings are taught that the group they're born to, or ally with, or look and talk like, is the superior group. That's never been the case. It's a relative perception. Anything you do to another person, you do it to yourself... it's THAT simple. Treat others as you wish to be treated starts and ends with you. If you base that on "well, if they're cruel to me, then I'm going to retaliate by being more cruel to them", then you're ignoring the Golden Rule and you have no one to blame but yourself. Inaction isn't the culprit.

I agree that we should cut down our involvement in the area big time (and let them kill each other off). But you didn't really answer the question as to what action you're advocating for when other people don't follow your Golden Rule and want to kill you.

I agree that we should cut down our involvement in the area big time (and let them kill each other off). But you didn't really answer the question as to what action you're advocating for when other people don't follow your Golden Rule and want to kill you.
I actually answered it directly and specifically.

What THEY DO is immaterial. You only have control over what you do.

I actually answered it directly and specifically.

What THEY DO is immaterial. You only have control over what you do.

Well... if what they're doing is throwing acid in the faces of women for not covering enough of their hair with a veil then I'm voting that they deserve to die. That being said the way to go about killing them is not using predator drones that create collateral damage, and radicalize the victim's families and close friends.

The problem with that is the vast majority of people who would be dying would be innocent people who want nothing to do with the many sectarian wars plaguing the middle east. The hands off approach didn't work out too well in Rwanda or Bosnia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT