ADVERTISEMENT

De-Fund the U.N. - NOW!

All the wars?

Worldwide, it's been fairly quiet compared to 1914-1946. Especially when we start adding up the number of bodies and cost of loss in that 30 year span compared to the 70 year span since.

Doesn't look like there has been much change at all to me, in spite of the wonderful work being done by the UN

Wars-Long-Run-military-civilian-fatalities-from-Brecke.png

Reactions: UNC '92
First of all I'm in no way a liberal in any sense of the word, second the constitution has no protection against countries or regions but it does have protection against religion. Real conservatives hold the constitution dear not like Trump and his followers

The Constitution offers no protections for people who wish to immigrate, only Citizens and those here legally.

But don't let facts get in your way.

u cannot deny anyone entry into the country based on their religion. anyone who thinks otherwise doesnt have a fking clue about the constitution or human rights or what the country stands for. Thats about as unamerican as u can possibly be. When trump vomited that notion i knew i wasnt voting for him. Course now hes back tracked from that but just the idea that he and some of his supporters actually embraced the idea revealed the true ignorance and stupidity of his campaign. I hope to God someone around him with some influence on him is reading the constitution in prep for the next 4 years.

Reactions: strummingram
The Constitution offers no protections for people who wish to immigrate, only Citizens and those here legally.

But don't let facts get in your way.
Significance: As the fundamental law of the United States, the U.S. Constitutionempowers the U.S. Congress to pass federal immigration and citizenship lawsproviding such laws do not violate the provisions of the Constitution itself, particularly those included in the Bill of Rights and the Fourteenth Amendment.

u cannot deny anyone entry into the country based on their religion. anyone who thinks otherwise doesnt have a fking clue about the constitution or human rights or what the country stands for. Thats about as unamerican as u can possibly be. When trump vomited that notion i knew i wasnt voting for him. Course now hes back tracked from that but just the idea that he and some of his supporters actually embraced the idea revealed the true ignorance and stupidity of his campaign. I hope to God someone around him with some influence on him is reading the constitution in prep for the next 4 years.
Amen

Neo-cons, evangelicals, and now whatever you wanna call Trump supporters, have totally hijacked the GOP and turned them into a cult. A very large, ignorant, fervent cult... but a cult nonetheless. Whatever "conservative" was 40 years ago, it ain't anymore.

The GOP let the people who make a living off of the church people in, and it went straight into the shitter.

Neo-cons, evangelicals, and now whatever you wanna call Trump supporters, have totally hijacked the GOP and turned them into a cult. A very large, ignorant, fervent cult... but a cult nonetheless. Whatever "conservative" was 40 years ago, it ain't anymore.

The GOP let the people who make a living off of the church people in, and it went straight into the shitter.
This.....

That's the same bullshit that's been said since Obama was elected and especially in the last year as the reason why the Republicans would never again win the White House.

Don't you guys get sick of being wrong?

That's the same bullshit that's been said since Obama was elected and especially in the last year as the reason why the Republicans would never again win the White House.

Don't you guys get sick of being wrong?
Sorry but the the republicans have not won the WH. You can't pin this on us. You own this pile of shit

I guess you don't understand trend lines
Well, when it goes down, that means there's less. As far as trending upward recently... thank the good ol' USA. In fact, whenever that thing goes up, it's usually, if not always, America swinging it's dick around somewhere.

Sorry 71, trying to defend this makes you look...well you. Know

You might be the worst loser this board hs ever seen. Accept your defeats with class for once.

If it were up to me, all immigration would be stopped until we figured out how to properly vet applicants. I also think that we should adopt the New Zealand policy- immigrants must have a needed skill in order to immigrate.

How about we get out of the theoretical for a moment. Can someone give me a modern day example of any problem that the UN has solved?

Well the world health organization and the food agricultural organization are both parts of the UN. They've eradicated polio from all but 3 countries, prevented millions from starvation, provided clean water to billions of people.

Well the world health organization and the food agricultural organization are both parts of the UN. They've eradicated polio from all but 3 countries, prevented millions from starvation, provided clean water to billions of people.

And Bill and Melinda Gates have produced similar, if not better results in a shorter period of time at a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: nctransplant
Thanks. Now, could that be accomplished by someone else without all of the politics involved? I think it can be done and can be done more efficiently. I'm coming at this from a business standpoint and the ROI in the UN isn't very good in my opinion. They're a horse and buggy in the age of cars.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Thanks. Now, could that be accomplished by someone else without all of the politics involved? I think it can be done and can be done more efficiently. I'm coming at this from a business standpoint and the ROI in the UN isn't very good in my opinion. They're a horse and buggy in the age of cars.

That i wouldnt know anything about.

I'm late to this thread, but I don't think the latest UN resolution gets passed if Trump isn't elected. He's very pro-Israel and the left is becoming increasingly pro-Palestine. There are small things right now that Obama's doing that are attempts to prevent Trump and his conservative coalition from dismantling either what he's accomplished or what he plans on doing. Obamacare being one such example.

On the other hand, a resolution from the UN means about as much as a piece of toilet paper in a fat guy's ass. I'm generally pro-Israel and we need to stand behind them, not critique every little event that occurs between them and the miserable group of people known as Palestinians.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I hear you. And if the UN was just involved in humanitarian issues, then none of this would be an issue.
Great point. Most of the arguing about the UN's usefulness stems from the political side of things. Just reading this thread proves that. Unfortunately, since it is run by governments you will never get rid of the politics and inefficiencies. The humanitarian part can be done better through the private sector or just a couple of countries getting together and solving the issues. There is really no need for the USA to have to spend money so they can consult with Iran about how to deliver vaccinations to Africa. It just makes no sense. Use any savings from the UN money and put it toward things that we need here at home like fixing the crap fest that is VA.

Nah, that's already taken care of. Trump's gonna pick up the phone and fix it himself.
Well, I'm not sure he could do any worse than it is now. The problems at the VA existed long before Obama and have been mismanaged by previous presidents as well, so I'm not trying to say it was just Obama's fault. I don't think him or Bush put enough effort and resources into fixing the VA. They didn't make it a big enough priority in my opinion, which is sad because I think that is one of the few things the federal government has a constitutional duty to do.

First of all I'm in no way a liberal in any sense of the word, second the constitution has no protection against countries or regions but it does have protection against religion. Real conservatives hold the constitution dear not like Trump and his followers
Trump has been talking about suspending refugee influx to the US from REGIONS on the Middle East that are terrorist hotbeds. He has specifically listed Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen and Sudan as part of that group. That is what I'm talking about. He has maintained for quite a while now that he is not talking about a ban on all Muslims, although evidently you and everyone in the propaganda wing of the DNC are spewing that meme...

Polio is on a big comeback, starvation is still rampant in Africa, and water is one of the primary reasons for armed conflict in the Middle East, North Africa, and East Africa... In most rational minds that would be a failure on just the points you brought up...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT