ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Team

PolkCountyBullGator

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
I was in church sunday when my brother walked in and sat next to me in tears. I was afraid to ask him what was wrong. Everyone was there except our sister, and I try not to think the worst even when that feeling arises. Even more troubling is that he rarely attends church these days. I think it turned bad after our dad died 4 and half years ago.

He just reached over and handed me his smart phone showing the front page of Inside Carolina.

I thought about getting up walking out but being a man of strong faith, and knowing Coach was as well, I made it through the sermon. Unfortunately I can't recall much of it today.

March 7, '93

Carolina leading dook 51-30 middle of the 2nd half.

"Folks an effort like this continued over the next month will give Chapel Hill a national championship"--Brent Musberger

Oh the memories[/B]
sad0021.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/10 9:00 AM by PolkCountyBullGator

Prophecy Fulfilled

You know, Polk . . . I think that I am still numb to the news of Coach's passing, doesn't matter how many tears were shed, time just seems to have no relativity for myself the last day or two.

There are certain events in my life that are so sudden and overwhelming to me, that I can recall the exact place and time of day when I was told of them . .

The JFK, MLK and RFK's assassinations

Princess Di's death

9-11-01

Dean's retirement announcement and his passing

I may need a Carolina basketball game to watch to help me thru this funk I am in . . and Saturday just seems so far away right now.

Originally posted by BillyL:
You know, Polk . . . I think that I am still numb to the news of Coach's passing, doesn't matter how many tears were shed, time just seems to have no relativity for myself the last day or two.

There are certain events in my life that are so sudden and overwhelming to me, that I can recall the exact place and time of day when I was told of them . .

The JFK, MLK and RFK's assassinations

Princess Di's death

9-11-01

Dean's retirement announcement and his passing
I wasn't alive for the first 3 events you mention but I too remember exactly where I was for the other 2. On 9/11, I was facilitating United Way's "Day of Caring" (irony?) at the organization for which I worked in Charleston, SC. I had to report the news to roughly 75 volunteers that were working on several projects on the campus. And then I told them all to go home.

For Dean's retirement, I was sitting in Jay's Deli at the Friendly Center in Greensboro, NC. And I was so stunned because it truly came out of no where.

Originally posted by BillyL:

I may need a Carolina basketball game to watch to help me thru this funk I am in . . and Saturday just seems so far away right now.
Eeesh. I'm not sure the game on Saturday will cure your ills. I have a bad feeling about that game.

I keep going back to the 1966-1967 season which was my first as a fanatical Carolina follower and Dean was well on his way to becoming a legend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT