ADVERTISEMENT

Diamond Heels welcome 19 newcomers into the program

UNC Baseball coach Scott Forbes revealed the Tar Heels' 19-man signing class Monday as the Diamond Heels continue into fall practice. The group is comprised of one graduate transfer, one Division I transfer, three junior college transfers and 14 freshmen. Six newcomers hail from the Tar Heel state with an additional half-dozen players from the Southeast. (GoHeels.com)

Reactions: tarheel0910
This seems like an unusually large number of freshmen and newcomers. Any comments, John?

Could be quite possibly that a number of the freshman could not actually make the final traveling roster in the spring… I have noticed quite a few times over last several years where kids don’t make that roster that I heard committed to UNC then shows back up the next fall during fall ball…. I’m sure that they end up getting red-shirted that year

Reactions: JohnGwaltney

UNC's incoming baseball recruits look to make immediate impact​

Left-handed pitcher Kyle Percival, from Lancaster, S.C., was named state Player of the Year his senior season. At 6-foot-5 and 210 pounds, Percival will look to bolster the Tar Heels on the mound his first season. Infielder Austin Hawke was named Collegiate Baseball All-America second team following his senior year at Reagan (Pfafftown, NC) High School. (Daily Tar Heel)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT