ADVERTISEMENT

Discussion: VT game

He compares well to Marquis, and it is similar to our offense. So our coaches have has lots of experience defending this. I'm guessing they've added lots of wrinkles specific for us (they only play Syracuse next week)

He compares well to Marquis, and it is similar to our offense. So our coaches have has lots of experience defending this. I'm guessing they've added lots of wrinkles specific for us (they only play Syracuse next week)
Do you think our defense could defend Marquise...?

That being said, J. Evans has yet to show he's anywhere close to being Marquise level.

We're only a 3-point favorite, at home, after beating FSU at their place. I must be underestimating something.

We're only a 3-point favorite, at home, after beating FSU at their place. I must be underestimating something.

Our defense. Hopefully they play better, but its got to be hard trusting them if you are betting money on the game.

America has no faith in Carolina Football + we are coming off a huge victory. A letdown in the next game would be natural. Plus Virginia Tech is a nationally recognized name in football that moves the meter with bettors.

That being said, J. Evans has yet to show he's anywhere close to being Marquise level.

No, but I think we'd do better defending Marquise than a bunch of teams in terms of game-plan, tweaks or adjustments and coming in prepared.

I've been smoking over some stats and it is tough to call. One would think, logically, that VaTech is naturally favored, given stats, special teams, kick stuff, TO's, but mostly their D has been good and our D, well not so good, yet, it may well end up being a shootout.

Is it just me or is this VT defense a little overhyped? Don't get me wrong they are probably the best defense we will face this season but the only team with a pulse they have played is Tennessee, and lost by 20 points. I'm more worried about their offense vs. out defense.

They are? Who are the good teams they have beaten? At least played a close game with? Hmmm, still crickets.
You're an irascible little fella, aren't you?

I see you looked at some scores. Congratulations producing that hard-hitting analysis. You should probably go ahead and mail your résumé to ESPN.

The only crickets I hear are the ones where you got clowned in the officiating thread. Check yourself, son.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Is it just me or is this VT defense a little overhyped? Don't get me wrong they are probably the best defense we will face this season but the only team with a pulse they have played is Tennessee, and lost by 20 points.
No, VT's defense is legit. They've held every opponent well below their season average in points and yards. The one exception was Tennessee, where VT still outgained the Vols 394 yards to 330 despite fumbling 5 times. That's the reason they lost so badly.

VTD_gn4jr6.png

Oh great now i am worried!
Well, on the bright side, I think VT's offense is somewhat suspect. They haven't been very effective running the ball so a lot of their success has relied on the passing game. How will that hold up against a pretty good UNC secondary in sloppy conditions?

I'm less worried about a big play in the passing game than I am the underneath stuff. Our LBs have struggled to cover TE and RB routes so far this season. We're going to need better discipline from them on Saturday.

Well, on the bright side, I think VT's offense is somewhat suspect. They haven't been very effective running the ball so a lot of their success has relied on the passing game. How will that hold up against a pretty good UNC secondary in sloppy conditions?

I'm less worried about a big play in the passing game than I am the underneath stuff. Our LBs have struggled to cover TE and RB routes so far this season. We're going to need better discipline from them on Saturday.

yeah, and Bucky Hodges is very good.

MW, like any tough and capable runner, would gash our D.

Evans is not close to MW. He could hurt us, but he ain't all that.

I am wondering just what the game time conditi0ns are going to be Rain and lots of it from what I have heard. What is the latest???

Most folks outside of Carolina like the Hokies due to their d and our terrible d. Conditions will play havoc on a more pass oriented offense Like OURS...... But you never know..

I am torn here as my daughter is a JR at Va Tech and I bleed Carolina blue

crystal ball says Heels win it 30-28

I am wondering just what the game time conditi0ns are going to be Rain and lots of it from what I have heard. What is the latest???

Most folks outside of Carolina like the Hokies due to their d and our terrible d. Conditions will play havoc on a more pass oriented offense Like OURS...... But you never know..

Just a bunch of rain ... wind wont be that bad, especially at the field level .. maybe some gusts. I still think MT will throw it around quite a bit. There will be a few fumbles for sure, in these conditions.

Just a bunch of rain ... wind wont be that bad, especially at the field level .. maybe some gusts. I still think MT will throw it around quite a bit. There will be a few fumbles for sure, in these conditions.

It's raining and gusting pretty hard here in Burlington

Well, I would not expect Hood to be able to play if he had a concussion last week, they tend to hold kids with concussions out for the following game. Kinda tuff draw, we are such a good passing team but if the wind is bad and the rain would seem to limit what can be done thru the air, passing and kicking. That is the kind of game you would want to rely on a battering ram back like Hood but if he can't go, dang. But it limits them to, may become a lot of short quick safe throws, be interesting to see how it plays out.

Well, I would not expect Hood to be able to play if he had a concussion last week, they tend to hold kids with concussions out for the following game. Kinda tuff draw, we are such a good passing team but if the wind is bad and the rain would seem to limit what can be done thru the air, passing and kicking. That is the kind of game you would want to rely on a battering ram back like Hood but if he can't go, dang. But it limits them to, may become a lot of short quick safe throws, be interesting to see how it plays out.
Got to take care of the ball first and foremost and be ready to pounce when they don't. Ugly football because of the weather.

NVSU up on ND 3-0 at halftime. Neither team can get anything going. Several miscues handling the ball, snaps as well as handoffs. This kind of weather bodes very badly for UNC, IMO. Our passing game is the strength of our team and it's going to be severely hampered if we have the same conditions they have in Raleigh.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
...This kind of weather bodes very badly for UNC, IMO. Our passing game is the strength of our team and it's going to be severely hampered...
true, but that's largely by design, not because we lack talent at running back and offensive line. today might be a good opportunity for larry to discover the value of grinding it out on the ground instead of a quick strike aerial attack. he may too stubborn... we'll see.

The people who let this game be played today are complete idiots. Everything is money driven and I would tell them to their face that they are complete morons. A monsoon rain with high wind gusts. But what the hell risk your life and come watch a college football game. Do these clowns even watch the forecast? The field will absolutely be shredded. Just look at the game in Raleigh. It's an absolute mess.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
...The field will absolutely be shredded. Just look at the game in Raleigh. It's an absolute mess.
i'm watching it. every time guys hit the ground they slide along about 5 yards. a wet muddy field is a wild card which negates talent to some degree. coming out with a win today is a heckuva challenge for our tar heels.

The people who let this game be played today are complete idiots. Everything is money driven and I would tell them to their face that they are complete morons. A monsoon rain with high wind gusts. But what the hell risk your life and come watch a college football game. Do these clowns even watch the forecast? The field will absolutely be shredded. Just look at the game in Raleigh. It's an absolute mess.
Lol. Who is risking their life? I'm here by choice and there's no risk to me whatsoever. Stop with the ridiculous hyperbole.

Moo just had 1st and gaol at the 3 and got no points. On 3rd down, the RB ran the wrong play and Moo lost 10 yards. Then the FG snap was bad.

3-3

I'll take the under 58 for a lot of $

Moo just had 1st and gaol at the 3 and got no points. On 3rd down, the RB ran the wrong play and Moo lost 10 yards. Then the FG snap was bad.

3-3
Ugly, ugly game. First to 6 wins. I am very worried about our chances of winning a game like that where it comes down to tackling, TO's, toughness... IOW, fundamentals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT