ADVERTISEMENT

Dr.(?) Umar Johnson says Hubert is a disgrace to Black People...

Thank you for sharing. Not sure how I would’ve made it through the day without seeing this clip.

• Haha
Reactions: carolinablue34
I can't figure out if he likes Hubert or dislikes Hubert. He definitely isn't pleased with Hubert's wife... that much was quite clear.

ETA: I listened a bit more... he doesn't like Hubert. If this "doctor" were white, he'd be a Grand Dragon in the KKK.

He also dropped a few quotes from the film Malcolm X in just the few minutes I listened. I love that film.

Last edited:
I like this guy's perspective:

Being "proud of" anything is usually going to hold me back, especially if it's something that I had no choice in the outcome or required no effort on my part to accomplish. Being proud of my ethnicity is something I never think about. That's like being proud I have five toes on each foot.

What an ignorant fool . If people think that racism isn't black ( and ) white here's your proof . Cracking on a man who SAID he was proud to be black but also is PROUD of his wife who is white and his kids that are mixed is a man of God that sees no color folks . Whoever this dude is he obviously has a problem with white people period . Looks to me like he is still living in the stone age . Hey buddy ..wake up ..it ain't 1945 anymore . You lost or did you bump your head brother. BTW ..you DO NOT speak for ALL black people either . Just the prejudice ones. ✌️ :cool:🥁

What an ignorant fool . If people think that racism isn't black ( and ) white here's your proof . Cracking on a man who SAID he was proud to be black but also is PROUD of his wife who is white and his kids that are mixed is a man of God that sees no color folks . Whoever this dude is he obviously has a problem with white people period . Looks to me like he is still living in the stone age . Hey buddy ..wake up ..it ain't 1945 anymore . You lost or did you bump your head brother. BTW ..you DO NOT speak for ALL black people either . Just the prejudice ones. ✌️ :cool:🥁

He didnt say he was proud of his wife and that is the issue that people are pointing out.

I may have missed it can you point that part out in a link?

At 1:25 is when he says it. I dont know why him being the 1st AA HC at UNC basketball is such a big deal. Its seems as a society that we have to break every thing down in terms of race. It really does get old hearing about it.

Reactions: uncfootball-
At 1:25 is when he says it. I dont know why him being the 1st AA HC at UNC basketball is such a big deal. Its seems as a society that we have to break every thing down in terms of race. It really does get old hearing about it.

So that I definitely get to a point. I get it with women being the first to do something also. I also get as white men it's tough to understand why that's a big deal because we've always done things, both deservingly and not.

Maybe if you try to think of it as something you are that would be a first? Like, if there was never a President from the South and suddenly one was elected, I think you'd be really proud and make a big deal that someone has broken that barrier and now others can who may think/act/look more like you.

If your argument is that this position is no where near the importance as the example I gave, yeah I'm with you. I think for black UNC alumni, this is and should be a big deal for them. For "Dr" Umar Johnson, nah, he's a racist dick.

Reactions: uncfootball-

Well I guess we will have to disagree. His words..

"I'm very proud to be African-American, but I'm also very proud that my wife is white."

To me it sounds like the fact she is white is what he is proud of.. not her as a person. If he had said I am very proud of my wife who is white then that would have took the emphasis off race. Sort of like if I say "I am proud the black guy won an award" I am using black to identify which guy I am talking about. If I say "I am proud the guy that won an award is black" makes it about his race and not the guy.

Judging someone for the race of their spouse seems racist
A lot of things seem what they aren't.

What if someone said I was a racist and I replied that I was proud to say that my wife is black, (or red, or yellow). Or should I just say that I am proud of my wife and not mention race? Doesn't seem to address the accusation much, does it? I shouldn't say I'm proud? Then I should just say I have a wife I guess, which addresses the accusation even less. Or just say nothing, and let the silence lend credence to the accusation.

The problem isn't of mentioning race. The problem is in the judging of the mention of race. The problem is judging, period. The problem is opening that stupid pie hole when it should be kept shut.

Just to be clear.. what Hubert said didn't strike me as odd when he said it. I am only pointing out what those are saying that are upset with his choice of words. I do understand the argument they are making.

Umar Johnson is a sack of shit . Farrakhan is also they hate White people Black people and every other shade of people.
Also pride in your race is crazy as shit , you have no control over what race u are so i dont understand the pride in it.

Umar Johnson is a sack of shit . Farrakhan is also they hate White people Black people and every other shade of people.
Also pride in your race is crazy as shit , you have no control over what race u are so i dont understand the pride in it.
on the other hand I can understand being proud of what you are as an individual, regardless of what that might be.....race or ethnicity or physical makeup having little bearing on anything at all.

When people say they are proud of being black (or red or yellow or green), in many cases I think what they are really saying is that they are not ashamed of being black....a reaction to the implication that they have reason to be ashamed.

How about we all just be people. Who cares what color you are. Agendas usually create more division.

I wonder if ethnicity or gender express greater differences at the DNA level? I imagine a guy like me (Italian/Scottish descent) has 99.99% the same DNA as a guy with 100% Kenyan descent. Skin tone, hair, and my inability to run a two-hour marathon are probably about our only difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT