ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Powell

matt 1976

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2003
I had a chance to watch Powell this afternoon at the Wall tourney and was completely impressed. He went for 16 pts, 12 rebs and 3 assists against a scrappy, but completely outclasssed First Flight team. Powell was as advertised. He’s a bouncy, fluid athlete who played the 1-4 at various times. He seems to have a good stroke at the FT line and his handle was solid. But, the main thing that impressed me was his motor, attitude and body language. This was a game where he could have coasted (they won by 20 points), but he played very hard on both ends of the court the entire game. The Wall tourney feels somewhat like an AAU showcase event, but Powell played good, fundamental basketball for all 4 quarters. He was encouraging his teammates and he showed really good sportsmanship the entire time to First Flight.

I’ve become jaded watching so many 4 and 5 star kids on the AAU circuit that just act like they are too cool for school or they have piss poor attitudes. Needless to say, Powell was a breath of fresh air. Excited to see him play for our Heels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News