ADVERTISEMENT

Duke UNC game thread?

tenor.gif

Proud of our boys. Not because they won and competed all night long. It is because they did it with class, unlike the opposition who just makes me cringe every time I think about what is good in college basketball.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Punkson missed that last shot This POS deserves as many BAD things happening to him as possible To have won that game after ANOTHER of his DELIBERATE dirty plays that really could have hurt Garrison... would have be criminal. He is a LOSER and LOSERS like him should not get rewarded

Reactions: jah420 and 2DDIMOND
All that talent on Duke’s team and they resort to a zone which gets chopped up by a game plan from a coach who we can all be proud of. Bagley unstoppable. The best I have honestly seen in college since Alcinder. And they do not feed him the ball every time down. Astonishing. Great win Heels. Not only a win but showing your class as well.

Arch, say what u want my friend but in last nights game, Luke looked scared to death the last 2 minutes. He had 2 turnovers on just awful timid passes and almost a third turnover before he got trapped in front of the bench and was forced to call a timeout. Love this team, love our toughness but if you don’t think we (and a few guys in particular) almost gave that one away with boneheaded plays down the stretch then we didn’t watch the same game. That being said, we still won and the semantics of how it went down are for this message board and not the record books. On to UVA.

Arch, say what u want my friend but in last nights game, Luke looked scared to death the last 2 minutes. He had 2 turnovers on just awful timid passes and almost a third turnover before he got trapped in front of the bench and was forced to call a timeout. Love this team, love our toughness but if you don’t think we (and a few guys in particular) almost gave that one away with boneheaded plays down the stretch then we didn’t watch the same game. That being said, we still won and the semantics of how it went down are for this message board and not the record books. On to UVA.
Of course I was concerned about our boneheaded plays down the stretch. But I think our guys were thinking “oh no, not again”, and became tentative. You had to know d00k wasn’t going to lay down and that they were going to make a run. They’re the most talented team in the country, hands down.

But we weathered the storm, made a great defensive play, and rebounded ferociously. But for the last 5 minutes, we played very well, despite not shooting well.

Couldn’t be prouder of them at this point. Guaranteed 2 seed at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT