ADVERTISEMENT

Eli Drinkwitz has a Cotton Bowl championship

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Mizzou downs Ohio St in slugfest to finish 11-2.

If only he were as good a coach as Mack ....

Another irrelevant shot at UNC. I can only imagine how pissed off woad would be if UNC won a championship. Without bitching, there would be no reason for him to live.

Reactions: Archer2
Another irrelevant shot at UNC. I can only imagine how pissed off woad would be if UNC won a championship. Without bitching, there would be no reason for him to live.
He is taking shots at Mack not UNC…That’s the problem he should be looking at UNC and the people that allow this…Mack is smart just like Cut was at dook…Man I win 8 or 9 games I can stay here forever they don’t care…As long as I don’t bring the NCAA on campus to see what’s going on with the bell cow I am good…

He is taking shots at Mack not UNC…That’s the problem he should be looking at UNC and the people that allow this…Mack is smart just like Cut was at dook…Man I win 8 or 9 games I can stay here forever they don’t care…As long as I don’t bring the NCAA on campus to see what’s going on with the bell cow I am good…
Mack works for UNC, so by extension it's a shot at UNC. My point is that it's impossible for him to post here without him bitching about UNC football. We could start a thread about the weather and he would somehow make it about Mack/UNC.

Mack works for UNC, so by extension it's a shot at UNC. My point is that it's impossible for him to post here without him bitching about UNC football. We could start a thread about the weather and he would somehow make it about Mack/UNC.
I get it…He is a person that doesn’t post when things are going well…It’s a lot of things wrong with UNC football and has been for a long time and Mack didn’t create none of it…

I get it…He is a person that doesn’t post when things are going well…It’s a lot of things wrong with UNC football and has been for a long time and Mack didn’t create none of it…

Oh no… he’ll still post stupid shit when things are going well. We got a year of bitching about Quise at QB that carried on straight through an 11 game win streak.

Any credibility Woad may have ever had on this board has been dead and buried for a long time.

Give it an hour and he’ll be posting some stupid sh*t about how we’re all Bunting supporters and he’s the only real fan that doesn’t tolerate mediocrity.

Oh no… he’ll still post stupid shit when things are going well. We got a year of bitching about Quise at QB that carried on straight through an 11 game win streak.

Any credibility Woad may have ever had on this board has been dead and buried for a long time.

Give it an hour and he’ll be posting some stupid sh*t about how we’re all Bunting supporters and he’s the only real fan that doesn’t tolerate mediocrity.
And I said many times at the end of that season that soon we'd see the Fedora regime fall totally apart. And it came true. In a worse form that I predicted. The problem all of you have with me is that I am right when all of you think the opposite. What you hate is that I see far ahead of you and that makes you wrong when you attack me.

Take the thread about Dre Bly. You were either the absolute fool who started it or else you were one of the incessant posters. The bunch of you idiots thought it hilarious that I said that Bly never should have been hired and that Mack hiring a former player with 0 full time coaching experience on any level proved what I'd predicted about Mack being the same damned narcissistic fool who rightly got fired at Texas. What the thread proved is that none of you could see the obvious and in your ignorance found me worse than funny. And once again, none of you can acknowledge how wrong you were. So you keep bitching about me being correct.

Man that team with Quise and the 97 team are my 2 favorite teams I have had the pleasure to watch at UNC…

They were about the Team and Not Me…Mack has lost that in his 2nd go around….I can tell you this having the best QB don’t mean shit…

If you think I do not have a long history of painting out the UNC admin and AD office problems for UNC football then you are ignorant of me and my views. That is the reason so many hardcore basketball fans hate me. In fact, I am probably the only person you've ever encountered who can go back to the days of Chjoo Choo and explain what happened at each step in that process of UNC 'preventing professionalism' in college sports by holding down its football.

Do you recall that a few years back, I posted here that Drinkwitz looked like he could be a very good ACC HC? And that a whole bunch of you geniuses got good laughs at that? I do. If Drinkwitz could do that at Mizzou, he could put together an 11 win Major Bowl champ at UNC. He, not soft grandpa Mack, is the type guy UNC has needed to hire.

And I said many times at the end of that season that soon we'd see the Fedora regime fall totally apart. And it came true. In a worse form that I predicted. The problem all of you have with me is that I am right when all of you think the opposite. What you hate is that I see far ahead of you and that makes you wrong when you attack me.

Take the thread about Dre Bly. You were either the absolute fool who started it or else you were one of the incessant posters. The bunch of you idiots thought it hilarious that I said that Bly never should have been hired and that Mack hiring a former player with 0 full time coaching experience on any level proved what I'd predicted about Mack being the same damned narcissistic fool who rightly got fired at Texas. What the thread proved is that none of you could see the obvious and in your ignorance found me worse than funny. And once again, none of you can acknowledge how wrong you were. So you keep bitching about me being correct.
Once again you don’t see the problem…UNC is the problem and the administration that are making the Football hires….Truth be told I have all but given up on UNC Football ever winning a ACC championship again…Maybe when the ACC is moved down to G5 in the next 2 years…

I will chuckle though at the Bball people though…Because Basketball will be left out 2….Dont worry though we will win titles in all the sports that lose money….LOL until the go broke…

If you think I do not have a long history of painting out the UNC admin and AD office problems for UNC football then you are ignorant of me and my views. That is the reason so many hardcore basketball fans hate me. In fact, I am probably the only person you've ever encountered who can go back to the days of Chjoo Choo and explain what happened at each step in that process of UNC 'preventing professionalism' in college sports by holding down its football.
I agree with you on a lot of things…

Bly was definitely needed in order to right wrongs via NC recruiting and to start bringing talent and excitement back to UNC, which is what happened. You praised the Chiz hire and you love Warren. Are you going to blame Bly on the DB failures this year as well?
Why was Bly needed for that? He's just another guy with NFL experience who thinks he is able to turn that into being a good coach with no experience. He failed, miserably. A Saban might have hired such a guy as an analyst, nothing more unless he learned from hard work how to do the job of DB coach. You defending that hire even now makes my main point.

Why was Bly needed for that? He's just another guy with NFL experience who thinks he is able to turn that into being a good coach with no experience. He failed, miserably. A Saban might have hired such a guy as an analyst, nothing more unless he learned from hard work how to do the job of DB coach. You defending that hire even now makes my main point.
Why? Did you ever talk to NC coaches during the Fedora era? Obviously not. Mack wanted to come in and dominate NC recruiting and having a guy like Dre that was close with Sam, Drake and NC coaches, pretty easy decision. You mention he failed miserably but I noticed you mightily praised the Chizik and Warren hires. Both of those guys have a lot of experience, are you defending those hires still? Because that would also prove my point(s). Just because you have a bunch of experience, doesn't make you a good coach and vice versa.

Why? Did you ever talk to NC coaches during the Fedora era? Obviously not. You mention he failed miserably but I noticed you mightily praised the Chizik and Warren hires. Both of those guys have a lot of experience, are you defending those hires still? Because that would also prove my point(s).
He'll find a way to explain away anything he was wrong about. Happens every time. He'll end up making it actually seem like him being wrong was actually something he predicted, so since he predicted he would be wrong he was actually right.

Why? Did you ever talk to NC coaches during the Fedora era? Obviously not. You mention he failed miserably but I noticed you mightily praised the Chizik and Warren hires. Both of those guys have a lot of experience, are you defending those hires still? Because that would also prove my point(s).
Chizik's main problem now is why Mack likes him: Chizik is deferential to Mack. Bateman told Mack that it was perhaps impossible for him to get the UNC D up to what to should be if that staff Mack had hired was kept - Bateman wanted to have control over the staff on the D side. Mack chose to fire Bateman, who was not any part of Mack's buddy circle. That was very much a repeat of Mack firing Diaz at Texas - blame it all on the guy who not one of Mack's BFFs.

Mack hired Chizik because Chizik was a guy who was truly one of Mack's close friends with major experience at DC. I hoped that Chizik's previous experience at UNC would allow him to be his own man, but he reverted back to playing the role of Mack's protégée. In hindsight, I should have guessed that the only reason Mack hired him is that Mack knew Chizik was always his boy.

And that is why I say it is a waste of time to replace Chizik as long as Mack is HC. Either Mack will hire someone who defers to him, or else Mack will despise the guy he is 'forced' to hire and blame him for all failures. That is what Texas fans learned and why they had to fire him.

You said this 2 years ago.

"Warren is going to teach the DBs how to play their positions correctly. And he will teach Bly how to coach DBs. And he will teach the LBs how to play pass defense. He can teach all of them how to tackle properly.

If he has the time, he can do all of that, and do it well."

Entering year 3 now. Do you think you've seen the DB's play their positions correctly and tackle properly the last few years?

Of course you were right. We should all refer to you as the Woadstradamus from now on.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT