ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN is taking Mark May off College Football Final

Say what you want about ESPN's non-game coverage (and most of it would be true), but College GameDay is an excellent program and an enjoyable watch.
Agreed. In fact, it's the only non-game coverage I watch. Corso and Herbstreit actually provide analysis on the matchups, and Corso seems to understand the sweet spot between being an entertainer and being an analyst. More than I can say for guys like Dick Vitale.

Agreed. In fact, it's the only non-game coverage I watch. Corso and Herbstreit actually provide analysis on the matchups, and Corso seems to understand the sweet spot between being an entertainer and being an analyst. More than I can say for guys like Dick Vitale.
Yep, and they do interesting -- though sometimes quite saccharine -- feature stories on programs beyond just the bluebloods. Furthermore, if you're in the Top 25, they WILL talk about you and they will talk about your game that day or at least offer a prediction on your game, regardless of your conference. Which is why it would be nice for UNC / more ACC teams to creep in to that Top 25 :/

Reactions: Raising Heel
GT, Louisville, Clemson, and FSU all finished in the Final AP Top 25 last season...not a bad showing.

GT, Louisville, Clemson, and FSU all finished in the Final AP Top 25 last season...not a bad showing.
You're right, but that needs to be maintained season in and season out. The ACC should strive to have 5 Top 25 teams at all times (minimum), with hopefully 1-2 of those being in the Top 10-12

I agree....the SEC is seen as being a tougher conference from top to bottom......and the ACC as having too many mediocre teams.

When UNC, Miami, VT all start playing to their potential, I hope that Clemson, Louisville, FSU, and GT can maintain.

Cuse, Pitt, Wake, Virginia seem stuck in place.

You're right, but that needs to be maintained season in and season out. The ACC should strive to have 5 Top 25 teams at all times (minimum), with hopefully 1-2 of those being in the Top 10-12

Easily doable, assuming we keep good coaches and replace good ones with good ones. ACC football is on an upswing. Dabo is young and loves being at Clemson. I don't see him leaving except for Bama. Jimbo knows that at FSU he can be Bowden Part 2. I don't see him leaving. Petrino has a home in Louisville (wife and kids love living there) and he can field Top 10 teams there. Nobody else is going to hire Paul Johnson, and he has shown he can win at GT. Narduzzi has one of the two top DCs in the country the past few years. He may be exactly what has been needed to see Pitt get back to a 10 W team. Cutcliffe is easily the best Dook coach since Spurrier. Doeren has been HC of a BCS bowl team and has Moo looking solid. Addazio is a very nice fit for BC - tough as nails northeasterner with SEC experience.

And Fedora + Chizik is a combination unique in ACC history.

That leaves VT and Miami. Beamer may get back to 10 Ws and a division title this season, but his bets days are behind him. He needs to be planning retirement by making certain his successor is going to hit the ground running. Golden has yet to deliver, and if he fails to do so this year, as I expect, then Miami needs to replace him. The right HC at MIami can have a national title contedner by at least his 4th year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT