ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy football

Alright, it looks like we have nine so far. I'd like to get at least 10 if we can. While we wait for others to decide here are some things that we need to decide on as a group:

1. Which site to use (Yahoo, ESPN, etc)
2. Amount of players per position (I have used 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 IR, 6 bench in the past)
3. Are we playing for money? If so, how much?
4. Points system. In the Yahoo leagues I've played in before this is the breakdown of what we have used:

Offense

Passing

-Passing Touchdowns= 4 Points

-Interceptions= -1 Points

-Passing Yards= 25 Yards = 1 point

Rushing

-Rushing Touchdowns= 6 Points

-Rushing Yards= 10 Yards = 1 point

Receiving

-Receiving Touchdowns= 6 Points

-Receiving Yards= 10 Yards = 1 point

Kick & Punt Returning

-Return Touchdowns= 6 Points

Miscellaneous

-2 Point Conversions= 2 Points

-Fumbles Lost= 2 Points

-Offensive Fumble Return TD= 6 Points

Kickers

-Field Goals 0-19 Yards= 3 Points

-Field Goals 20-29 Yards= 3 Points

-Field Goals 30-39 Yards= 3 Points

-Field Goals 40-49 Yards= 4 Points

-Field Goals 50+ Yards= 5 Points

-Point After Attempt Made= 1 Point

Defense/Special Teams

-Points Allowed 0 points= 10 Points

-Points Allowed 1-6 points= 7 Points

-Points Allowed 7-13 points= 5 Points

-Points Allowed 14-20 points= 3 Points

-Points Allowed 21-27 points= 1 Point

-Points Allowed 28-34 points= -1 Points

-Points Allowed 35+ points= -4 Points

-Sack= 1 Point

-Interception= 2 Points

-Fumble Recovery= 2 Points

-Touchdown= 6 Points

-Safety= 2 Points

-Block Kick= 2 Points

-Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns= 6 Points

-Extra Point Returned= 2 Points

Last edited:
I like that roster format and scoring although I really like having a point (or .5) per reception, as well as fractional points. I'm good with whatever though.

Alright, it looks like we have nine so far. I'd like to get at least 10 if we can. While we wait for others to decide here are some things that we need to decide on as a group:

2. Amount of players per position (I have used 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 IR, 6 bench in the past)
3. Points system. In the Yahoo leagues I've played in before this is the breakdown of what we have used:

Offense

Passing

-Passing Touchdowns= 4 Points

-Interceptions= -1 Points

-Passing Yards= 25 Yards = 1 point

Rushing

-Rushing Touchdowns= 6 Points

-Rushing Yards= 10 Yards = 1 point

Receiving

-Receiving Touchdowns= 6 Points

-Receiving Yards= 10 Yards = 1 point

Kick & Punt Returning

-Return Touchdowns= 6 Points

Miscellaneous

-2 Point Conversions= 2 Points

-Fumbles Lost= 2 Points

-Offensive Fumble Return TD= 6 Points

Kickers

-Field Goals 0-19 Yards= 3 Points

-Field Goals 20-29 Yards= 3 Points

-Field Goals 30-39 Yards= 3 Points

-Field Goals 40-49 Yards= 4 Points

-Field Goals 50+ Yards= 5 Points

-Point After Attempt Made= 1 Point

Defense/Special Teams

-Points Allowed 0 points= 10 Points

-Points Allowed 1-6 points= 7 Points

-Points Allowed 7-13 points= 5 Points

-Points Allowed 14-20 points= 3 Points

-Points Allowed 21-27 points= 1 Point

-Points Allowed 28-34 points= -1 Points

-Points Allowed 35+ points= -4 Points

-Sack= 1 Point

-Interception= 2 Points

-Fumble Recovery= 2 Points

-Touchdown= 6 Points

-Safety= 2 Points

-Block Kick= 2 Points

-Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns= 6 Points

-Extra Point Returned= 2 Points

- I used to be an ESPN guy but I like the layout of Yahoo better now. That's my vote.
- I generally do 2WR but I'm fine with that player breakdown.
- I'd like to play for some $$ amount even if it's just a token $20 or something to keep it interesting. Would be down for probably whatever $$ figure we come up with though.
- The scoring looks pretty good. In my leagues I've had QB interceptions thrown be -2 instead of -1 to match the amount the defense gets for doing it, but thats obviously very minor and I couldn't really care either way. PPR is the more important scoring measure to figure... which again I don't care either way.

3. Points system. In the Yahoo leagues I've played in before this is the breakdown of what we have used:
4. (or is it 5.?) Where the heck did @tarheel0910 learn to count?

I'm good with positions and points as stated with 1 caveat. If there are 3 WR, 2 RB, and 1 Flex the pickings are too slim once the league has more than 10 teams. There just aren't enough worthwhile skill players fill 72+ slots as I've found out in the 12-team league I'm in. So if more than 10 want to play I propose going to 2 WR.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I'm good with positions and points as stated with 1 caveat. If there are 3 WR, 2 RB, and 1 Flex the pickings are too slim once the league has more than 10 teams. There just aren't enough worthwhile skill players fill 72+ slots as I've found out in the 12-team league I'm in. So if more than 10 want to play I propose going to 2 WR.
That's fine with me. I can switch it to two WR since @Hark_The_Sound_2010 mentioned that as well.

I've been out of the game for a few years, but one of the things I remember from our old OOTB league was I liked the competitiveness of it and you actually had to "think" about who you were playing.

Smaller leagues, I've found, result in every owner basically having an All-Pro roster, which makes it a complete crapshoot every week and diminishes the level of thought needed to play. I'd vote to avoid that somehow. If it means us having larger rosters with a bunch of bench players, so be it.

Also, the people who sign up, can we please make it mandatory to stick with this the entire season? Nothing is more of a buzz kill than the owners who are into it through Week 3 and then go on complete auto-pilot the rest of the way, giving other teams essentially a Bye Week when the aforementioned owner has a bunch of injured players listed as active...ignoring trade requests, etc.

JMHO

4. Points system. In the Yahoo leagues I've played in before this is the breakdown of what we have used:

1.) I've always found Yahoo to be the best, but I don't care.
2.) That's fine.
3.) I don't have a problem with you guys giving me your money. I'll leave that up to you all.
4.) What you provided works. I'll add that I hate PPR leagues, but if we go that route, I ultimately wouldn't care.

I've been out of the game for a few years, but one of the things I remember from our old OOTB league was I liked the competitiveness of it and you actually had to "think" about who you were playing.
I haven't played since that league. I never bothered because nothing could possibly follow that. It was perfect.

I'll sign up when I get home.

Sincerely,

Work
Ditto

As for the other points, I feel that we should either have 2 WRs and a flex or 3 WRs, but not 3 WRs and a flex. When it comes to money, I'm not against doing it for money, but I don't really want to sink more than $20 into it (mainly because I also have to pay in my existing leagues as well).

When were we thinking of drafting?

I changed it to 2 and a flex.

I scheduled it for September 4th at 6:00. That's after the preseason and on the weekend. We can change it if need be. It's not set in stone.
That's the night my other draft is. If I'm the only person that has a conflict, I'll bow out. If we did it the 3rd, I could do that, but other people might not want to draft on a Saturday

That's the night my other draft is. If I'm the only person that has a conflict, I'll bow out. If we did it the 3rd, I could do that, but other people might not want to draft on a Saturday
I can change it. I don't want that to stop someone from playing.

I can change it. I don't want that to stop someone from playing.
I'll leave it to the majority, and I'm ok with that. If we can change it to that Saturday or earlier that Sunday, I can do that, but if that screws up more people than just me, I'm cool sitting out.

The 3rd is the UNC/UGA game. Doing it in the morning/early afternoon might be an option on either day. I'm also open to doing it late on a weeknight (like 8pm start or something like that).

The draft time is probably going to be the biggest hurdle we run into. I know it was for the Celebrity Death Pool draft. Coordinating everyone's schedules is a pain in the ass.

The 3rd is the UNC/UGA game. Doing it in the morning/early afternoon might be an option on either day. I'm also open to doing it late on a weeknight (like 8pm start or something like that).

The draft time is probably going to be the biggest hurdle we run into. I know it was for the Celebrity Death Pool draft. Coordinating everyone's schedules is a pain in the ass.
Oh I didn't even think of that being the day of the game. Yeah, that's probably out then. I can do pretty much any weeknight, or like I said, if we started maybe around 2 or 3 on Sunday afternoon

I'll do the draft whenever as long as it's as close to the regular season as possible. Any time during the weekend or any night during the week is fine with me.

attachment.php

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT