ADVERTISEMENT

For those that don't believe the academic issues are impacting recruiting

WOW....I always believed that it was impacting us but this takes it to another level!!!!

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Did anyone else notice the "chicken littles" have been strangely absent from this thread?

I wonder how they and the jcd'ers will spin this story. I guess they will simply ignore it like Ingram directly saying it didn't move them!

Heels are Family!

Reactions: JimmyinVA
put me on the list that didn't think it is as big of a deal as this article suggests.
it's way past time to lawyer up and help the ncaa reach a decision.

Reactions: GACMAN
for decades we've heard from blue chip recruits who viewed unc's academic excellence as a positive factor in their decision to become a tar heel -- now, that's a question mark. recruiting is about relationships and marketing and the ncaa on our back is a marketing nightmare.

Most telling are the comments from opposing coaching staff. Some say they don't need to bring it up since the prospect's families do it first while others say they make sure the prospects and their families know about it.

The sooner an NCAA decision is made and finalised the better.

Did anyone else notice the "chicken littles" have been strangely absent from this thread?

I wonder how they and the jcd'ers will spin this story. I guess they will simply ignore it like Ingram directly saying it didn't move them!

Heels are Family!
Probably just tired of discussing it!!

With rival coaches bashing UNC on the recruiting trail, I would carry copies of Wainstein/Bethel blog with me. Some of what is out there is rubbish. Rival coaches stating "there will be sanctions"...really? How the heck do you know that when you are at rival school and not the ncaa? I agree with poster above sue the ncaa to hell and back.

We'll be back soon enough. We all know it. The ncaa knows it as well. They're drawing this out intentionally (more than likely) bc it's their best defense to punish us. At least it's the way I see it.

that's the way i see it too. it's not a coordinated conspiracy, just some well placed dookies who give dook the easiest bracket every year in the hoops tournament and (like most dookies) hate carolina.

I would love to see UNC hire a lawyer and push the NCAA for a due process
time frame. This has gone on long enough for the NCAA to deal with it and
hand down whatever punishment they deem necessary. If a lawyer(s) were
on the case, they could push for resolving all matters within the next six months.
If the Wainstein report exonerates Roy Williams and/or the basketball program
in full, that should be Exhibit #1. The NCAA should have to put their cards on the table
within a specified time frame. It is time that the member universities legally
ask the NCAA for expedited measures and present a united front instead of just
letting the NCAA govern as they please, when they please. UNC spent several
million dollars on the Wainstein investigation, they can spend whatever they need
to get top notch attorneys to clarify this matter. If I was Roy, I would threaten
retirement unless attorneys are hired to clean up this matter!!

Reactions: GACMAN
You're wrong.
Straight from the horses' mouths, no less. Ouch.

On a side note, what was this supposed to mean?:

"There was Brandan Wright, Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington in 2006, Ed Davis in 2008, John Henson in 2009, Harrison Barnes in 2010 and James Michael McAdoo in 2011. Sure, not all of them panned out...."

Uh, every one of those guys is on an NBA roster, yes? I guess we should wish for more players that don't pan out. :confused:

Straight from the horses' mouths, no less. Ouch.

On a side note, what was this supposed to mean?:

"There was Brandan Wright, Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington in 2006, Ed Davis in 2008, John Henson in 2009, Harrison Barnes in 2010 and James Michael McAdoo in 2011. Sure, not all of them panned out...."

Uh, every one of those guys is on an NBA roster, yes? I guess we should wish for more players that don't pan out. :confused:

Yeah, strange statement for sure. I mean, th writer is correct, not all have panned out. But why wouldn't he use better examples?

This has been a black cloud hovering over the program for years now....I am inclined to believe that the NCAA IS dragging this out as a from of punishment as well

i wouldn't be so sure it's intentional if the ncaa were totally incapable of giving a decision within a reasonable time frame. but they have proven that if the program is well-connected they can process an investigation pretty damm fast. it took them how long to announce a decision re: auburn and scam newton? 24 hours????

Why do we keep having threads like this? How many times to read the same old stuff? :confused:

Free Country....Last time I checked Mikeirby was not making you read every thread on the board.....if you don't like the thread....DON"T READ IT!!!!!! Why do guys like you always complain about threads is the question!!!!!

Free Country....Last time I checked Mikeirby was not making you read every thread on the board.....if you don't like the thread....DON"T READ IT!!!!!! Why do guys like you always complain about threads is the question!!!!!
Did not ask for a smart ass coment! Free Country........ and it's my just opinon why keep to post negative threads! Mike does a good to police this board and glad he is a mod!!! You have your answer!! Move on!!!......... Yes Mike i see it all on DSPN!

Did not ask for a smart ass coment! Free Country........ and it's my just opinon why keep to post negative threads! Mike does a good to police this board and glad he is a mod!!! You have your answer!! Move on!!!......... Yes Mike i see it all on DSPN!
Not exact;y sure what you are saying but....OK!

June 11 is when SASC report comes out. We will know soon after that.

June 11 is when SASC report comes out. We will know soon after that.

Accreditation
Text:

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and many of its individual programs participate regularly in rigorous internal and external review processes for the purpose of maintaining accreditation. Institution-wide accreditation is governed by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), the regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S Department of Education that oversees colleges and universities in an 11-state area including North Carolina. All SACSCOC member institutions are required to undergo a full accreditation review every 10 years and submit a Fifth-Year Interim Report between decennial reviews. A variety of external bodies also accredit programs in specific fields and professions offered by UNC-Chapel Hill.

Institutional Accreditation
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award: baccalaureate, master’s, doctoral, and professional degrees and certificates. For more information about the accreditation status of UNC-Chapel Hill contact:

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
Telephone number 404-679-4501
http://www.sacscoc.org

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT