ADVERTISEMENT

Former Texas A&M QB Max Johnson Transferring to UNC

Trying to get excited about this but kinda hard to do that. Maybe someone can help me feel better about him coming. Is this another Armstrong kinda thing? I know comparing him to Sam or Drake may not be fair but oh well. Seems to say a lot about the QBs on staff right now.

Trying to get excited about this but kinda hard to do that. Maybe someone can help me feel better about him coming. Is this another Armstrong kinda thing? I know comparing him to Sam or Drake may not be fair but oh well. Seems to say a lot about the QBs on staff right now.
Seems like an ok get. The biggest thing is surrounding him with help, specifically on the OL. Hampton, our receivers and tight ends can make a lot of QBs look good. This guy isn't as mobile as Drake/Sam, so the big issue is getting some good OL in the portal.

I’m optimistic that he’ll prove to be a solid QB. My concern is that we’re about to find out just how big of a difference Sam and Drake were making. If we went 8-4 with a future NFL superstar QB, and the best staff Mack has ever assembled, then what should we expect now?

I’m optimistic that he’ll prove to be a solid QB. My concern is that we’re about to find out just how big of a difference Sam and Drake were making. If we went 8-4 with a future NFL superstar QB, and the best staff Mack has ever assembled, then what should we expect now?
I would pump the breaks on future NFL superstar QB…Being good in college and Superstar in the Pros is a wide gap…

Wait and see
I hope he ends up being a Hall of Fame QB but he didn’t play as well this year as he did last year IMO…And that was with a 1400 plus rusher in the backfield…I don’t know if he was hurt or what but he missed throws this year that he made last year..

I’m really hoping Drake ends up in Arizona & not New England.
How stupid does the panthers look for giving away so much to draft young when they could’ve waited and had a better QB in the next nfl draft. They needed more help than just a qb but thought they needed to give away so much. Would have rather had Drake or Caleb than young. Oh well they didn’t ask me

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
How stupid does the panthers look for giving away so much to draft young when they could’ve waited...
Young isn't playing well. But with a weak offensive line and receivers running weak routes, any QB would struggle in that situation.

Young isn't playing well. But with a weak offensive line and receivers running weak routes, any QB would struggle in that situation.
Wait a second there - weak OL and receivers running weak routes. Is Mack moonlighting as HC somewhere else?

Reactions: JimmyinVA
How stupid does the panthers look for giving away so much to draft young when they could’ve waited and had a better QB in the next nfl draft. They needed more help than just a qb but thought they needed to give away so much. Would have rather had Drake or Caleb than young. Oh well they didn’t ask me
Panthers screwed up by passing on Sam.

If UNC football history holds true, we'll probably end up with a decent defense, but the offense takes a big step back. Which means 7-8 wins and everyone screaming why couldn't we have had that defense last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT