ADVERTISEMENT

Former UNC Players: How Are They Doing At Their New Gigs?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
Last edited:
Excellent work by Miller and GB is providing good numbers too!
Judging from the stats, Garrison is back to playing mostly at center, and his numbers look more like how he performed as a junior.

Like a lot of people here, I assumed he would be even better as a senior for us because with Bacot, Sharpe and Kessler, he would pretty much never have to play in the post. But it didn't work out that way. I still don't know if that proves he's just better in the post or that other issues factored into a less satisfactory senior year. Either way, he seems to be doing OK now.

I know some were down on him last year, but I'm glad to see him bounce back, if that's what's happening.

Reactions: shun1 and TPFKAPFS
Updated through yesterday.

Walker Miller still doing well. And look at Huff's TS%. His TS% wasn't bad for us, but this is really good, and based on real PT.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Seventh Woods is playing for Morgan State (5.4 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.9 apg).

Morgan State is 2-4 on the year

Thanks. I don't see stats for him for this year. The stats you mention look like last year's at S.Carolina. But I'll add him to the list to remind myself to check on him.

Updated.

Good news and bad news.

Seventh is finally getting to play. Not yet starting or playing big minutes, and his first game sucked. But his stats look very good for the next 2 games. After all he's been through, I hope he gets to shine.

Platek was starting and turning in solid performances, but then injured an achilles tendon. Five points, 3 rebounds and 1 assist (no TOs or fouls) in 6 minutes before he went down. Impressive.

No idea how long he'll be out. Really sucks for him.

Reactions: shun1 and TPFKAPFS
I don't know what's up with Jeremiah Francis. He's missed 4 straight since getting his first start. In that start, he played 29 minutes, scored 6 pts and dished 7 assists (against zero TOs). Not too shabby.

Then nothing. Anybody know (or better at googlng)?

Platek was starting and turning in solid performances, but then injured an achilles tendon. Five points, 3 rebounds and 1 assist (no TOs or fouls) in 6 minutes before he went down. Impressive.

No idea how long he'll be out. Really sucks for him.
Plates actually came in a little out of shape and still learning plays, as he wasn't allowed to practice with the team until the end of camp, and he was coming off the bench in his first few games til he got his legs and wind. He put up those impressive numbers nonetheless, and had just worked into the starting lineup when he did something to his achilles.

Hopefully it's just a strain. Young fella deserves to have a big season.

Dang, I hate that for Andrew! It is a shame for something this bad to happen to such a nice young man who was a perfect Tar Heel for us! I pray he heals swiftly and completely and one day gets to live his bball dreams!

Updated again.

Look at Brandon's TS%!

Walker Miller still leads in points, while Walker Kessler has taken over the rebounding lead.

Judging from the stats, Garrison is back to playing mostly at center, and his numbers look more like how he performed as a junior.

Like a lot of people here, I assumed he would be even better as a senior for us because with Bacot, Sharpe and Kessler, he would pretty much never have to play in the post. But it didn't work out that way. I still don't know if that proves he's just better in the post or that other issues factored into a less satisfactory senior year. Either way, he seems to be doing OK now.

I know some were down on him last year, but I'm glad to see him bounce back, if that's what's happening.
Personally I`m glad he`s gone!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT