Foster Feeling The Love

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
Foster Feels the Love

By Justin Rowland
Tar Heels Illustrated Staff Writer

Crest's Justin Foster may just be a 2017 recruit but he's already feeling the love from the UNC coaching staff.

Fortunately for UNC's coaches they have some built-in advantages that other schools will have to overcome.

For one, Foster grew up a North Carolina fan. And Foster said Larry Fedora's coaching staff is his favorite out of all of those recruiting him. Foster has an offer from Clemson so that's noteworthy. Dabo Swinney's staff is routinely praised for creating a family atmosphere for recruits, but it's UNC's staff that has impressed Foster the most.

North Carolina offered the 6-foot-3, 205-pound sophomore from Crest at their late January junior day. It was Fedora himself that brought the good news, signaling just how important Foster is to UNC's '17 efforts.

"He just said he liked that I'm tall and athletic. He likes that I cover a lot of ground and he said because I'm young, when I get older I'm going to keep getting better and better. He thinks I would be good playing outside linebacker for them," Foster said.

Foster's only scratching the surface. It's easy to imagine him as a 6-foot-4, 230 pound specimen in two years, when he will be signing his own letter of intent to a school. North Carolina's coaches were probably wise to get involved early.

The junior day last month was Foster's third trip to UNC. Previously he had attended another junior day last year. He had also attended the UNC-Virginia Tech game.

"We went through the regular things that you do at a junior day like viewing the campus," Foster told TarHeelIllustrated.com. "I got to talk to coach (Seth) Littrell a lot. We wentto the basketball game. I sat down and talked with the new defensive coordinator (Gene Chizik) they've got coming in. I talked to coach Littrell and coach Fedora a lot during the game.

"I feel comfortable around those guys. Those are my favorite coaches. They're pretty cool."

South Carolina and Wake Forest are talking to Foster but Clemson is the other school to have offered.

"I've been to a game at Clemson," Foster said. "It's nice. I like that atmosphere. Everyone around there is friendly. That's another program I like. I would say my favorite two schools are Carolina and Clemson. Those are my offers, though. I don't know what school I really want to go to yet."

As a sophomore Foster averaged around five tackles per game, combining solos and assists. He had a pick and three forced fumbles.
This post was edited on 2/9 2:06 PM by Andrew Jones

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News