ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs UNC game thread Jan 14 2017

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I must admit this game scares me a lot because FSU had excellent guard play and they are very big up front. Carolina's bigs cannot get in foul trouble and Pinson,needs to play bigger than he is. Britt and Maye have to help with some points off the bench

To me this is a show up or shut up type a game. No excuses and no prisoners taken.I do not care if Berry and Jackson combine for 50 points to me the key player will have to be Hicks He needs to stay out of foul trouble and WANT to score on the offensive side of the court. The bench HAS to help with some points vas well.

Down goes dook! Love the fast start. Hope the guys can maintain this level of intensity for 40 minutes.

Players can do this or that dunk, but that fall away rebound / putback in midair by Hicks is about as athletic of a play as I've seen in a long time. Awesome.

Reactions: RP12
We need to learn how to get our money's worth on fouls. And they totally missed one in that last o rebound by then

That is twice they have just pushed our guys out of the way to get boards. The no call against Hicks changed momentum and lead to his second.

Woods should have passed it and it never would have happened though.

Fsu is big, athletic and talented.

Luke Maye just gave us about as bad a 4 minute stretch as you can have and miraculously stay in the game.

Luke Maye played his worst few minutes of the season. He's usually solid but I'd hesitate to put him back in the rest of this game. He just not there tonight. I'll gladly eat crow if he steps up though.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Justin Jackson can't create his own shot against equally athletic/talented wings. He can't create separation off the dribble and just got stripped.

Not having Bradley today is going to hurt quite a bit. Having to rely a lot on Maye, and the game is too fast / athletic for him. He's really struggling to keep up, and to hold on to the ball.

I hope Pinson can step up.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT