ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs UNC game thread Jan 14 2017

I didn't feel good about this game before it started but the boys came to play today. Glad I was completely wrong. Lots of effort today against a talented FSU team.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
BIG Quality Win come tourney time. Will look nice next to Wisconsin. Well fought. Even with Bradley on the bench.

GDTBATH!

96-83 is the final as Carolina wins a team victory Lots of heroes. Meeks and Hicks held their own in the paint. Jackson and Berry scored everytime FSU got close and Maye and Pinson played their best games of the year. Yes a BIG TEAM WIN

Reactions: Archer2
Line moved in Carolina's favor before the game from 7.5 to 8.5. Smart money knew the deal. Had a feeling the Heels would cover.

Dayum . . . I knew FSU was terrible at the line today, but, 12-26 is beyond turrible.

Reactions: Archer2
Dayum . . . I knew FSU was terrible at the line today, but, 12-26 is beyond turrible.
I don't know how they fix that. And if they don't fix it, they can be 14 deep with studs, that will still step up and bite them when it matters in end of season tourneys.

They're shooting 69% from the line on the year. They shot 49% yesterday. I think the two biggest stats from the game were us outrebounding them by 22 and them shooting 49% from the line. As good a team as they are, it's hard to win when that happens.

BTW, FSU is a young team. They will contend for the ACC title this year and next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT