ADVERTISEMENT

Fuking bojangles

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
They keep breaking my heart. Few weeks ago it was semi competent for the first time in months. At least I got hot food although with an attitude and the wrong order. Well evidently that’s a bar set too high. Try to go through drive thru at noon on Fri on the island in the middle of tourist season. Drive thru closed. Okay so make the effort to park and walk in and….no chicken. NO FUKING CHICKEN. And no it’s not “we’re cooking some”. THEY’RE FKING OUT. Noon….on friday…out of chicken. I told them to change their name to bojangles biscuits. That’s when she told me there was a 15 min wait on biscuits. I said “oh it musta been the rush” as I turn around to survey the deserted dining room. She said they’re waiting to get busy before cooking more biscuits. Oh lord.

They keep breaking my heart. Few weeks ago it was semi competent for the first time in months. At least I got hot food although with an attitude and the wrong order. Well evidently that’s a bar set too high. Try to go through drive thru at noon on Fri on the island in the middle of tourist season. Drive thru closed. Okay so make the effort to park and walk in and….no chicken. NO FUKING CHICKEN. And no it’s not “we’re cooking some”. THEY’RE FKING OUT. Noon….on friday…out of chicken. I told them to change their name to bojangles biscuits. That’s when she told me there was a 15 min wait on biscuits. I said “oh it musta been the rush” as I turn around to survey the deserted dining room. She said they’re waiting to get busy before cooking more biscuits. Oh lord.
This is why God made Chick-fil-A.

What's Bojangles? - this Yankee.
it's a thing for Yankees to ask dumb questions about. HAR har har har har.. Seriously, it's a really good chicken place depending on the individual location. One of the fast food review videos on youtube I saw specifically pointed this inconsistency out, and they nailed it. For example. the one I visit close to my office is almost flawless while the one closest to my home just flat out sucks balls.

From what I hear though, some of them are so good that they can actually run out of chicken. And the biscuits are so good that people will come in before they even make them, and wait.

The biscuits really are good, the best FF biscuits out there, IMO. Wait, do you know what a biscuit is?

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Bojangles biscuits and their dirty rice are both top 5 ff items. Their fried chicken is good although not great imo.

This is assuming all are fresh which as we know can be a roll of the dice with these places.

1. Chik Fila sandwich
2. Bo’s dirty rice
3. Hardee’s chk tenders
4. Bo’s biscuits
5. Mac d’s fries

Others getting votes, Wendy’s frosty, Arby’s beef n cheddar, Bo’s bo berry biscuits.

it's a thing for Yankees to ask dumb questions about. HAR har har har har.. Seriously, it's a really good chicken place depending on the individual location. One of the fast food review videos on youtube I saw specifically pointed this inconsistency out, and they nailed it. For example. the one I visit close to my office is almost flawless while the one closest to my home just flat out sucks balls.

From what I hear though, some of them are so good that they can actually run out of chicken. And the biscuits are so good that people will come in before they even make them, and wait.

The biscuits really are good, the best FF biscuits out there, IMO. Wait, do you know what a biscuit is?
I was obviously joking. I’ve spent a ton of time in NC and have had bojangles a few times.

Chick-fil-A is much better.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I was obviously joking. I’ve spent a ton of time in NC and have had bojangles a few times.

Chick-fil-A is much better.
Yeah it was obvious that you were joking. Because everybody knows you've spent a ton of time in NC and had Bojangles a few times.

Chick-fil-A is better for the sandwich and waffle fries. Bojangles is better for biscuits and dirty rice and chicken boxes.

3. Hardee’s chk tenders

5. Mac d’s fries
5. I disagree about McD's fries. Wendy's blows them away, as does Burger King, Chic-fil-A's waffle fries, and Arby's curly fries.

3. If Hardee's could somehow resurrect the old menu from the Big Twin days, no current FF joint could touch them. The best char-grilled and secret-sauced burger ever, and by far. The roast beef (toasted and buttered bun) kicked Arby's and Roy Roger's asses and the fried chicken was outstanding. Don't remember the fries.

An honorable mention for fries has to go to Five Guy's. Not because they're that good, but because you get such an insane amount of them. Get the small order, you'll be eating leftover fries the rest of the week.

If there's a Biscuitville in your area and you still go to Bojangles, you're doing it wrong.
It's been so long since I've had a Biscuitville bacon egg and cheese biscuit that I didn't think they were still around. I looked them up and there are four easily accessible to me.

Damn you.

6a00d834523d2569e201310f43ac4b970c-pi

Dear God. May He have mercy on my belly.

I'm assuming you mean the spicy chicken sandwich. If you're not getting the spicy one, then something is wrong with you. Also, Chick-fil-A milkshakes are underrated.
so then, are you saying that Cookout shakes are overrated? They took 1st, 4th, and 6th place in this ratings list before Chick-fil-A even appeared, at 12th.

I had to refer to ratings since I don't do milkshakes.

ETA...oops, forgot the linkage highly objective best milkshakes list

I positively will not do milkshakes at FF restaurants after seeing some show on how they don’t clean the machines and the filth that builds up in them. Most aren’t even using real milk or ice cream.

I make a fantastic milkshake at home anyway.

Reactions: bluetoe
I positively will not do milkshakes at FF restaurants after seeing some show on how they don’t clean the machines and the filth that builds up in them. Most aren’t even using real milk or ice cream.

I make a fantastic milkshake at home anyway.
in checking around about milkshakes, I have come to the conclusion that the best ones are not at FF places but at independent ice cream places. I know....duh. I only mention it because one might assume that the machines or whatever are better taken care of there.

Another conclusion I came to long ago was that one had to make a choice...either remain willfully ignorant of FF hygiene or stay away from FF entirely. Until recently, I chose the latter. Now I just don't give a shit.

I don't do milkshakes and rarely do ice cream, but when I do I like making ice cream floats....a scoop or two of ice cream in the beverage of choice. Vanilla in root beer (diet) is a winner.

in checking around about milkshakes, I have come to the conclusion that the best ones are not at FF places but at independent ice cream places. I know....duh. I only mention it because one might assume that the machines or whatever are better taken care of there.

Another conclusion I came to long ago was that one had to make a choice...either remain willfully ignorant of FF hygiene or stay away from FF entirely. Until recently, I chose the latter. Now I just don't give a shit.

I don't do milkshakes and rarely do ice cream, but when I do I like making ice cream floats....a scoop or two of ice cream in the beverage of choice. Vanilla in root beer (diet) is a winner.
Lime sherbet and sun drop is a life changer

so then, are you saying that Cookout shakes are overrated? They took 1st, 4th, and 6th place in this ratings list before Chick-fil-A even appeared, at 12th.

I had to refer to ratings since I don't do milkshakes.

ETA...oops, forgot the linkage highly objective best milkshakes list
Cookout has some good ones. I wasn't necessarily saying Chick-fil-A should be number one, just that people tend to rank them lower than they should or sometimes don't have them on the list. As far as FF goes, they are easily top 5. But, like you and others have mentioned, shakes/ice cream are usually better at places that only do that.

Waiting tables eons ago I had someone order crown royal & sun drop. He got kinda grumpy when I told him we also didn't have mello yellow.

(And yes it was in n myrtle beach).
gross. Why would someone want to ruin a perfectly good Sun Drop soda with Crown Royal?

Did you tell him you also didn't have any Canadian Mist?

Reactions: blazers
Does anyone remember back in the day when sun drop was sweetened with actual sugar and had orange juice pulp in the bottom? Good shyt.

Does anyone remember back in the day when sun drop was sweetened with actual sugar and had orange juice pulp in the bottom? Good shyt.
no, sorry I don't but it isn't hard to believe that they used to make it a real, naturally-flavored beverage instead of just artificially-flavored sugar water.

I do remember when Canada Dry had a product called Collins Mixer and it made the best whiskey sour imaginable. Made a good Tom Collins as well but I wasn't into those so much. It had all kinds of shit floating around at the bottom and it just tasted great and natural by itself. Most whiskey sour mixes are too obnoxiously syrupy sweet, but this Collins Mixer was just right in that regard. It was perfection.

So because of that and because I absolutely loved it, they decided to discontinue it. Almost broke my heart, because I was a staunch whiskey sour guy until then. Over the years, it has almost gotten to the point that I'm afraid to really like some product because sure as I do, they'll discontinue it.

There was a diet Pepsi called Pepsi One and I was addicted to it. It had a wonderful, slightly honeyish finish to its flavor; but apparently it contained some chemical that was found to kill rats that were injected with ten gallons of it every day for a year.

If they ever bring either of these back, I'm going to buy a boxcar load of each.

I drank Sun Drop practically non stop as a teen then drifted away from it for several decades. I tried it some years back and it didn't seem right. I assumed my tastes had changed but maybe it was actually the ingredients that changed.

Lime sherbet and sun drop is a life changer
I did some shopping at a local Food Lion and picked up a diet Sundrop. It was right at closing time and I was in line to check out when I realized that I hadn't picked up the sherbet. I made a command decision and got out of line and raced over to the ice cream section only to find NO SHERBET of any kind. I'm still pissed.

But I will persist. I am ready for my life to change dramatically. I will have that Sundrop and lime sherbet float if I have to make the damn sherbet myself..

• Haha
I did some shopping at a local Food Lion and picked up a diet Sundrop. It was right at closing time and I was in line to check out when I realized that I hadn't picked up the sherbet. I made a command decision and got out of line and raced over to the ice cream section only to find NO SHERBET of any kind. I'm still pissed.

But I will persist. I am ready for my life to change dramatically. I will have that Sundrop and lime sherbet float if I have to make the damn sherbet myself..
better get leaded too.

I drank Sun Drop practically non stop as a teen then drifted away from it for several decades. I tried it some years back and it didn't seem right. I assumed my tastes had changed but maybe it was actually the ingredients that changed.
I was 13 or 14 and spent a miserable summer working in a used furniture warehouse in a century old brick building with no windows or ac in Asheville. Hot af, full of dust, and smelled of despair and broken dreams. The manager however kept a refrigerator stocked with nothing but sun drop and let me have as many as I wanted. I got addicted. But yea when they switched to corn syrup as a sweetener it was very noticeable. I worked through it though.

Reactions: WhatTheHeel?
Sunrise biscuits down franklin were amazing, but part of that could've been the nite before and the alternatives. The biscuitville on Wake Forest in raleigh tastes like dried bricks to me compared to bojangles, but it always looks busy.

We are blessed with a great Bojangles. It is the best run fast food restaurant I’ve ever eaten in.

The biscuitville on Wake Forest in raleigh tastes like dried bricks to me compared to bojangles, but it always looks busy.
so how do you like the Bo around the corner on Atlantic Ave.? That's the one I have described as terrible (although I like Bojangles). And it is.

Funny thing; because of the discussion here, just this afternoon I had my first Biscuitville in many many years, and it was from the WF Rd. location. It was not good and I don't recommend the 'Southern steak and something' biscuit. But I'm giving them another shot with a more regular breakfast kind of deal, like a bacon egg and cheese. Those I used to routinely gobble down in Durham were fantastic.

Last edited:
The honey butter biscuit from Wendy's is pretty legit. Haven't eaten there a lot, but when I have, I got the honey butter chicken biscuit.

so how do you like the Bo around the corner on Atlantic Ave.? That's the one I have described as terrible (although I like Bojangles). And it is.

Funny thing; because of the discussion here, just this afternoon I had my first Biscuitville in many many years, and it was from the WF Rd. location. It was not good and I don't recommend the 'Southern steak and something' biscuit. But I'm giving them another shot with a more regular breakfast kind of deal, like a bacon egg and cheese. Those I used to routinely gobble down in Durham were fantastic.
Yeah, the Atlantic bo is hit or horrible miss. Maybe that is why the biscuitville can get traffic.

Hope your second attempt is better than the first. Rise is pricey but good.

Sunrise biscuits down franklin were amazing, but part of that could've been the nite before and the alternatives. The biscuitville on Wake Forest in raleigh tastes like dried bricks to me compared to bojangles, but it always looks busy.
I hit Sunrise once or twice a month, it's still amazing but WOW have they gotten expensive. SEC biscuit + small coffee is close to $10 😳

• Wow
Does anyone remember back in the day when sun drop was sweetened with actual sugar and had orange juice pulp in the bottom?
If you can find the Sundrops in glass bottles, it's the OG Sundrop. The bottle said made with Pure Cane sugar. Dr. Pepper as well.

Never really got into Sundrop. I know this will be sacrilegious to all my NC peeps, but I never liked Cheerwine either.

• Angry
Never really got into Sundrop. I know this will be sacrilegious to all my NC peeps, but I never liked Cheerwine either.
Put cheerwine into an ice cube tray, then blend the frozen cubes with bourbon into a slushie, then slap your older brother or drinking buddies or other enablers and sourcers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT