ADVERTISEMENT

Fuking bojangles

Never really got into Sundrop. I know this will be sacrilegious to all my NC peeps, but I never liked Cheerwine either.
ContentThriftyDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Put cheerwine into an ice cube tray, then blend the frozen cubes with bourbon into a slushie, then slap your older brother or drinking buddies or other enablers and sourcers.
I've got ice cube trays. I've got the Cheerwine. I've got the bourbon. I've got the time.

I just don't have the inclination. Maybe tomorrow. Or the next day.

If you can find the Sundrops in glass bottles, it's the OG Sundrop. The bottle said made with Pure Cane sugar. Dr. Pepper as well.
Sun drop trivia:

It was originally marketed as “gold-en girl” cola. Although invented in Missouri or Nebraska or somewhere like that the inventor being a soda concentrate salesman knew the advantage of introducing sodas in the south as us southerners lead the nation by a shyt ton in soda consumption . Higher than all other sodas in caffeine and using pretty women showing lots of cleavage in its advertising (a risk in the Bible Belt in the ‘30’s…. or maybe genius) made it addicting and a hit. It’s only available in like three states but people pay out the arse to have it shipped all over. There was a brisk business shipping it to troops in Afghanistan.

And yes it’s disturbing how much I know about it

Last edited:
Reactions: Grayhead
Sun drop trivia:

It was originally marketed as “gold-en girl” cola. Although invented in Missouri or Nebraska or somewhere like that the inventor being a soda concentrate salesman knew the advantage of introducing sodas in the south as us southerners lead the nation by a shyt ton in soda consumption . Higher than all other sodas in caffeine and using pretty women showing lots of cleavage in its advertising (a risk in the Bible Belt in the ‘30’s…. or maybe genius) made it addicting and a hit. It’s only available in like three states but people pay out the arse to have it shipped all over. There was a brisk business shipping it to troops in Afghanistan.

And yes it’s disturbing how much I know about it
I finally got to try the Sundrop/lime sherbet float and yes it was really good. It changed my life like you said, but only in that I'm out around five bucks or so. And I'm sorry to report that while the float was awesome, tasting the Sundrop by itself was beyond disappointing. It tastes like some kind of institutional sanitizing cleaner. Part of that might be because I took the recommendation to get the high test version, where I normally only drink diet sodas.

It is disturbing to see how much you know about a soda, but I have to admit I've taken the deep dive over various food stuffs and products myself. When they discontinued Pepsi One, I was so incensed that in trying to find out why, I discovered enough about the contents that I could probably start producing it myself.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Went to Chick-fil-A for some breakfast. They had chicken in stock and the biscuits were fresh and ready to go.

I finally got to check out the standard breakfast biscuit, bacon egg and cheese, at Biscuitville, Different location than my first visit. I also got a country ham biscuit.

I won't beat around the bush, to my surprise I'm giving the nod to Bojangles...and by a wide margin.

The biscuit with the country ham was compressed and doughy, like it hadn't been cooked long enough and/or didn't have any leavening. It was easily the worst biscuit I've had from a FF place. The little bit of ham was good. The BE&C biscuit was not quite so doughy but still compressed and nothing to brag about. Both were noticeably smaller than a Bojangles offering. The entire thing was almost flavorless.

Oh and they hit me for almost ten bucks for the two biscuits. I think I might be done with Biscuitville. It's nothing like what I remember of them.

ETA...the same order at Bojangles would have been $6.33, including tax. I looked it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: blazers
I finally got to check out the standard breakfast biscuit, bacon egg and cheese, at Biscuitville, Different location than my first visit. I also got a country ham biscuit.

I won't beat around the bush, to my surprise I'm giving the nod to Bojangles...and by a wide margin.

The biscuit with the country ham was compressed and doughy, like it hadn't been cooked long enough and/or didn't have any leavening. It was easily the worst biscuit I've had from a FF place. The little bit of ham was good. The BE&C biscuit was not quite so doughy but still compressed and nothing to brag about. Both were noticeably smaller than a Bojangles offering. The entire thing was almost flavorless.

Oh and they hit me for almost ten bucks for the two biscuits. I think I might be done with Biscuitville. It's nothing like what I remember of them.

ETA...the same order at Bojangles would have been $6.33, including tax. I looked it up.

200w.gif

Reactions: bluetoe
They keep breaking my heart. Few weeks ago it was semi competent for the first time in months. At least I got hot food although with an attitude and the wrong order. Well evidently that’s a bar set too high. Try to go through drive thru at noon on Fri on the island in the middle of tourist season. Drive thru closed. Okay so make the effort to park and walk in and….no chicken. NO FUKING CHICKEN. And no it’s not “we’re cooking some”. THEY’RE FKING OUT. Noon….on friday…out of chicken. I told them to change their name to bojangles biscuits. That’s when she told me there was a 15 min wait on biscuits. I said “oh it musta been the rush” as I turn around to survey the deserted dining room. She said they’re waiting to get busy before cooking more biscuits. Oh lord.

Just found this thread so forgive me for getting here so late. But this pretty much summarizes all fast food drive thrus pitiful customer service and wrong orders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT