ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread Tar Heels v. Fowl

I am just not going to cry and whine after this game. At least we didn't start with Troy , Elon or Central. This games tells us a lot more than a 60-0 blow out of a glorified community college.

This team could easily win the coastal this year but we'll need either a change at QB or a different Marquise Williams

One does wonder . .

**** SMFH ****
not sure it's fedora...why was it so important to play mitch last year?....hmmm

we know williams isn't terrific as far as accuracy and decision making, but why is it up to him in these situations?

how many times do WE have to hear about balance or strengths, yet we aren't using them, even balanced...sure we have great receivers, we also have great rb's...the only way to make a qb better is to make the defense honest...we are stubborn to throw it 40 times, when we can't be stubborn to run it 40?...why?

I agree that only giving up 17 point was a huge step in the right direction for this team. I also agree that we looked like the better team for most of the game and the defense made stops when they needed to. A lot of the game the offense did good enough to win, but after the defense shut them down and we drove down to the goal there is NO excuse for the way it unfolded. After MW threw an interception in the first half in almost the exact same situation there is NO WAY an OC should have put him in that situation again. Especially with Hood getting 13 carries for 138 yards.

I will not call out a player or coach, but what I will say is, going into this game I said win or lose, as long as we look competitive on D and keep it close, I will be pleased.
I WAS WRONG! I find myself beyond pissed off right now!
I'm out, Goodnight!
The reason is that you know that with the improvement on D, if our offense were half as good as many have assumed, we would have won by 14 or more.

I agree that only giving up 17 point was a huge step in the right direction for this team. I also agree that we looked like the better team for most of the game and the defense made stops when they needed to. A lot of the game the offense did good enough to win, but after the defense shut them down and we drove down to the goal there is NO excuse for the way it unfolded. After MW threw an interception in the first half in almost the exact same situation there is NO WAY an OC should have put him in that situation again. Especially with Hood getting 13 carries for 138 yards.
If the OC cannot put his QB in that situation again and expect him to have learned from his earlier mistake, that OC needs to bench that QB.

This game should have been a blow out. Run the ball in the red zone and we could have had 14 pints instead of two picks. Dont drop the easy pick 6 and that's an easy 21 points left on the field.

If the OC cannot put his QB in that situation again and expect him to have learned from his earlier mistake, that OC needs to bench that QB.

Therein lies the rub. How many times have we seen MW do something like this and be put in the same situation again in the same game and do it again? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The complaints about MW are nothing new. I like the kid and there is no doubt as a runner he can do good things, but he just simply makes poor decisions time and time again in situations where we cannot afford them.

Reactions: WoadBlue
there it is...post of this year.

thank you
He can't throw because: 1) he reads coverage slowly and at times incorrectly; 2) his first instinct is to run; 3) he lacks touch, which is made worse by #1, which means he often tries to whip the pass at the last second.

None that is being cured this year.

the problem with playing mitch too much is that caleb is better.

let's be frank here, this system with these backs, especially hood & williams, is just poor...unless they finally say, yes, we can run tempo to the line, but we can also get under center, we can run it within the five yd line, and we can follow a pattern of success.

there is literally no gameplan that opposing teams can scheme for other than us being schizophrenic.

Just got back to my room- what did Fedora say in the press conference?

the problem with playing mitch too much is that caleb is better.

let's be frank here, this system with these backs, especially hood & williams, is just poor...unless they finally say, yes, we can run tempo to the line, but we can also get under center, we can run it within the five yd line, and we can follow a pattern of success.

there is literally no gameplan that opposing teams can scheme for other than us being schizophrenic.
I have always thought that Henderson would prove the best passing QB of the group we now have on campus. That is another reason to go with Trubisky. If he fails to show by the end of this year that with game experience he is better than MW, then in Spring give the ball to Henderson.

Reactions: Archer2
Just got back to my room- what did Fedora say in the press conference?

not sure, but here's my guess:

"should've won the football game...we had chances to win the football game...am i disappointed?...not in the effort...we'll look at the tape and figure out what went wrong...can't turn the ball over though...quise is our starter...we have confidence in him...why did we go away from hood?...i'm going to evaluate that"

Reactions: UNC71-00
If Mitch and or Caleb are better why aren't we playing them?

This one is tough. Knowing we should have won and a senior qb throws 3 bad interceptions.

I more or less agree, just pissed with how the game went. And Logan and Hood most definitely could end up being amongst some of the best RB(s) in UNC history to compliment those receivers.

I would be lying if I said there weren't some good takeaways from the game, the booze may lead me to disagree sometimes. @WoadBlue

If Quise does literally anything other than throw it straight to a defender in the end zone twice we win that game. From the first whistle the game was served up on a freakin silver platter

i need to see post-game comments, but i'm interested to read what fedora says about hood/logan/twilliams not getting it more within the 10 yard line.

i don't ever wanna hear fedora or littrell say we want balance and we want to be physical in the running game.

seriously, i'm over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT