ADVERTISEMENT

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

My wife watched the show and was telling me about it this morning and in my head I was mixing up Will Smith with Will Farrell. Was Chris Rock cracking on Will's wife? I'll admit that its one thing to rag on the actors, but another to bring the family into it.

Did you hear the actors asking for Zelinski to be invited to the oscars? I told my wife that was the most ridiculous bit of grandstanding I'd ever heard. "Dear Mr. Zelinski, we're throwing a party for ourselves where we pat ourselves on the back and talk about how great we are and would like to invite you to come be a part of it, if you're not too busy dodging missiles and trying to keep your country from being overrun by Russia."

I can't stand Hollywood people. I know I'm a bit of a hypocrite since I watch movies and tv shows, but the people behind the characters can be pretty annoying.

My wife watched the show and was telling me about it this morning and in my head I was mixing up Will Smith with Will Farrell. Was Chris Rock cracking on Will's wife? I'll admit that its one thing to rag on the actors, but another to bring the family into it.
I watched a replay of it. He made a joke about her hair. She has trouble with her hair falling out because of a medical condition. You can make an argument that it was in poor taste, but Will certainly shouldn't have handled it that way. She's put herself in the public eye by being an actress and currently has her own show. She's fair game.

This "event" surely had tons of security and police presence in attendance that witnessed it happen live. That's an assault. You or I would have been charged and arrested fairly promptly. Unless . . . it was later explained as a planned incident such that Rock had consented. Different rules.

Reactions: Heelicious
This "event" surely had tons of security and police presence in attendance that witnessed it happen live. That's an assault. You or I would have been charged and arrested fairly promptly. Unless . . . it was later explained as a planned incident such that Rock had consented. Different rules.
Rock has already said he isn't pressing charges and the police released a statement saying they can't do anything without him pressing charges.

Apparently there was already an issue between them. Rock had made a joke about his wife a few years ago. I guess Will never got over it. Lost some respect for him after that, Kind of sucks to see someone you grew up watching do something like that. Especially when they are known for being a good guy.

Did you hear the actors asking for Zelinski to be invited to the oscars? I told my wife that was the most ridiculous bit of grandstanding I'd ever heard. "Dear Mr. Zelinski, we're throwing a party for ourselves where we pat ourselves on the back and talk about how great we are and would like to invite you to come be a part of it, if you're not too busy dodging missiles and trying to keep your country from being overrun by Russia."

I can't stand Hollywood people. I know I'm a bit of a hypocrite since I watch movies and tv shows, but the people behind the characters can be pretty annoying.

Zelinski? The auto parts king? He makes car parts for the American worker. Because that's who he is and that's who he cares about.

maxresdefault.jpg

perfectly okay to press charges.

earlier in the show regina shaw did a bit about covid tests being lost…she rolled off the big male names that are single to get up on stage…she got to will smith for which he immediately declined.

also, didn’t jada drop a bunch of dirty laundry about the marriage on the socials?

fwiw, rock handled it like a pro.

perfectly okay to press charges.

earlier in the show regina shaw did a bit about covid tests being lost…she rolled off the big male names that are single to get up on stage…she got to will smith for which he immediately declined.

also, didn’t jada drop a bunch of dirty laundry about the marriage on the socials?

fwiw, rock handled it like a pro.
They’ve made it public they’re in an open/polyamorous marriage which people can’t seem to grasp the workings of. He’s been called a cuckhold and ridiculed and so on as if she’s openly cheating on him. I would bet most Hollywood marriages are like that given their careers and long times apart but people keep it to themselves. If they’re both on board and honest about it i don’t see why he should be ridiculed. After all, it’s open for him as well and I imagine he pulls some good gash.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
Yes they can. They do not require Rock as a witness since they have the assault on video. The DA simply has to charge him and they can arrest him.
I read that's what the cops said. That they needed him to press charges.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that more people have watched the video of the slap than the number who even thought about watching the oscars.
I will attest to being of that number. Who fvcking watches the Oscars? On the other hand, Will had probably been to the Korova Milkbar to sharpen himself up for a little of the old ultraviolence. Who doesn't like a little ultraviolence every now and then?

I will attest to being of that number. Who fvcking watches the Oscars? On the other hand, Will had probably been to the Korova Milkbar to sharpen himself up for a little of the old ultraviolence. Who doesn't like a little ultraviolence every now and then?
Followed by a bit of the old in out in out

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe
they got what they wanted: folks all over America talking about the Oscars for the first time in decades.
all the more reason to suspect it was a setup. But but, those f-bombs, they say. Really? We might be willing to believe that a live-action slap to the face is fake but when someone says fvck, it has to be real? C'mon, I ain't buying this bit of dog and pony. These are ACTORS, this is what they do.

Now I can't wait to see what they cook up next year. Har har, I'm kidding. They could put a stick of dynamite up Amy Schumer's ass and light her up, and I still wouldn't start watching that smarmy crap. You can believe I'd catch that replay though.

all the more reason to suspect it was a setup. But but, those f-bombs, they say. Really? We might be willing to believe that a live-action slap to the face is fake but when someone says fvck, it has to be real? C'mon, I ain't buying this bit of dog and pony. These are ACTORS, this is what they do.

Now I can't wait to see what they cook up next year. Har har, I'm kidding. They could put a stick of dynamite up Amy Schumer's ass and light her up, and I still wouldn't start watching that smarmy crap. You can believe I'd catch that replay though.
Hilarious.

Same here.

“Keep my wife’s name out yo fn mouth!”

Will was a lil bitch (if this wasn’t a setup). Plus he’s just gotten so woke and weird with the new bomb fresh prince woke show - and his tran kid etc. I’ve always liked him but he’s making it harder and harder.

If Chris Rock wanted to turn it to 11 and drop the ultimate comeback line and show he has elephant sized balls he could have said

“ Will my man you should be more worried about the name of the guy who is in YOUR WIFE’S mouth!”

if this slapped you, skinny Chris Rock, hard across the face; would you just stand there and say, "well I'll be damned, Will Smith just knocked the shit out of me." ? Or would you crumple to the floor?

e9549b57b83777b9bb8ad68df6ab8b74.jpg

the Fresh Prince trying to get promoted to King Kong. Probably don't piss him off for reals if you're Chris Rock.

Will Smith is Charmin soft. I don't give a shit what his physique looks like. I might even take Chris Rock in a fist fight over Smith. Dude is one of the biggest pusses in Hollywood and that's saying a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: bleeduncblue
Will Smith is Charmin soft. I don't give a shit what his physique looks like. I might even take Chris Rock in a fist fight over Smith. Dude is one of the biggest pusses in Hollywood and that's saying a lot.
in spite of me posting that picture, I haven't been keeping up much with Will Smith. I just knew he had worked on his guns (for some picture, I think). What makes him such a pussy? If we can arrange it, I might go with Will Smith in a for real death match with Chris Not-The-Rock Rock. Call them up, I'm busy.

in spite of me posting that picture, I haven't been keeping up much with Will Smith. I just knew he had worked on his guns (for some picture, I think). What makes him such a pussy? If we can arrange it, I might go with Will Smith in a for real death match with Chris Not-The-Rock Rock. Call them up, I'm busy.
I think he bulked up for "Ali"

i cannot believe that sensible, educated people believe this was real and impromptu. *face palm

I just don't see what Will Smith gets out of it. Maybe they're going to make a Bad Boys V movie together?

But, we did have Andy Kaufman and Jerry Lawler doing a similar thing back in the day.

I wish one of them had been white just for the firestorm it would have set off.
I hope you're joking about that.

We don't need more protests and killings.

Rock should have gone after him and attempted to whip his ass. I know as I'm concerned, I may get my ass whipped trying to return the slap, but it's something as a man I believe you would have to do. Rock got slapped on INTERNATIONAL TV and didn't try to defend himself. Where I come from, this makes Rock look like a pu$$y. Smith would probably destroy Chris, but if it had been me, he would've had to do it it. There comes a a time when a man has to stand up and not let another man treat him this way. Just my opinion

Reactions: uncfootball-
I just don't see what Will Smith gets out of it. Maybe they're going to make a Bad Boys V movie together?

But, we did have Andy Kaufman and Jerry Lawler doing a similar thing back in the day.
He was already upset about a previous joke Chris made about his wife. Apparently he had some other issues going on as well. Not sure if this was a guy who had a lot of shit going on and finally snapped or if he let his true self out accidentally. Either way it kind of hurt some of my childhood memories. I lost a lot of respect for him.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
He was already upset about a previous joke Chris made about his wife. Apparently he had some other issues going on as well. Not sure if this was a guy who had a lot of shit going on and finally snapped or if he let his true self out accidentally. Either way it kind of hurt some of my childhood memories. I lost a lot of respect for him.
Oh I meant what would he get out of it if it was a staged stunt. Your statement reflects my thoughts exactly.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT