ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Robinson, were any rumors ever confirmed?

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
The rumors were that Mack's first choice for his first DC was Greg Robinson and that he somehow needed to be convinced to go another direction. I have trouble believing these rumors considering how different Greg Robinson is compared to Jay Bateman. Plus it is crazy to think that Mack 1) couldn't sell his vision to the powers-that-be, and 2) he'd relinquish control and let someone nix his decision.

So was anything ever confirmed? Or was there anything involving Greg Robinson?

Reactions: babe7671
The rumors were that Mack's first choice for his first DC was Greg Robinson and that he somehow needed to be convinced to go another direction. I have trouble believing these rumors considering how different Greg Robinson is compared to Jay Bateman. Plus it is crazy to think that Mack 1) couldn't sell his vision to the powers-that-be, and 2) he'd relinquish control and let someone nix his decision.

I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know he couldn't have been worse than what we've ended up with the last 5 years.

• Sad
Reactions: blazers
He died in 2022 from Alzheimer’s disease….So you could assume he had that in 2019….SMDH…

I heard a pod cast on TOS with 3 of their then regulars asserting that they all saw him with Mack introducing him as his choice for DC.

Robinson was a natural Mack choice because of friendship. Plus, he would always owe Mack big time, because nobody else wanted him. I think Bateman was a strong suggestion from some boosters. And Mack never likes to be told whom to hire, or accept. he despised Muschamp and then hated Diaz at Texas. And who got canned by Mack at UNC?

He died in 2022 from Alzheimer’s disease….So you could assume he had that in 2019….SMDH…

You could, but it would be a bad assumption considering the fact that Alzheimer's progresses at wildly varying rates. It's not that rare for someone to be gone within a year or two of presenting symptoms for the first time.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT