ADVERTISEMENT

Heels favored by 21 points? IT'S A TRAP!!!

strummingram

Hall of Famer
Oct 1, 2010
The guys have been winning, for sure. But, 21 point favorites? Did 2/3 of the Georgia tech team decide to sit this one out or something?

The guys have been winning, for sure. But, 21 point favorites? Did 2/3 of the Georgia tech team decide to sit this one out or something?
Their last two losses were 25 and 21 points. They're also down to their 3rd string QB whom has completed 49% of his passes on 51 attempts this year. It should play out like the Va Tech game.

Reactions: strummingram
Their last two losses were 25 and 21 points. They're also down to their 3rd string QB whom has completed 49% of his passes on 51 attempts this year. It should play out like the Va Tech game.
Okay, okay... that just stood out glaringly as the largest points spread I've seen with a UNC team!

I ain't taking those points. That 3rd string qb will look a tad like Lamar Jackson vs us. Whether it is a Barry bro in hoops or some random in fball, some GT player will have a career gm.

Didn't matter, did it?
Sure didn't! Win some, lose some. Dropped TD pass, negated TD run and wet the bed after the 17-0 lead. 9-2 with a big game upcoming. Ready to watch the Field Hockey Championship and UNC basketball followed by women's soccer upcoming. Go Heels!

Sure didn't! Win some, lose some. Dropped TD pass, negated TD run and wet the bed after the 17-0 lead. 9-2 with a big game upcoming. Ready to watch the Field Hockey Championship and UNC basketball followed by women's soccer upcoming. Go Heels!
Be happy with your 9 win season

That sums UNC fans on football: arguing over which one's prediction that amounts to underachievement is more correct.
The motivation for the thread was to raise an eyebrow and address the potential for a trap game and, god forbid, a loss. They lost, embarrassingly. And, it makes those "squeak-by" wins look more and more like lucky breaks. They were finally supposed to impose their will and win convincingly and they friggin' lost the game!

Did you (THE GURU), see this UNC team being 9-2 after 11 games?
That's not the point of the thread. You're moving the goalposts... again. No pun intended.

You got your record prediction. If they lose the next 2-3 games, you still get that prediction. But, you're lying if you claim to be pleased with that outcome. Rah-rah all you want.

That's not the point of the thread. You're moving the goalposts... again. No pun intended.

You got your record prediction. If they lose the next 2-3 games, you still get that prediction. But, you're lying if you claim to be pleased with that outcome. Rah-rah all you want.
I'm not really moving anything.

Damn right I got that win prediction, thanks for noticing! I sure hope they exceed that prediction with the next 3 games on the schedule. Rah-rah Carolina! Tough one tonight but hopefully they'll bounce back next week. As always, Go Heels!

So according to Mack Brown there are no trap games if your team is mature enough to handle it so guess that tells us we are far from mature

I'm so sorry you're going through this. But, I'll bite. Did you (THE GURU), see this UNC team being 9-2 after 11 games?
See it being 9-2? Who could know with Mack Brown. What I knew is that any more tan 1 loss would be underachieving against that schedule with all the talent Mac has assembled.

Yes, you must take steps. But if you do not take the steps that are warranted when the you have thjetaloertn, you anti never going to get to be Amin g the big boys.

This back to back years in which Mack has underachieved per the talent at hand - par for the course of his career.

So according to Mack Brown there are no trap games if your team is mature enough to handle it so guess that tells us we are far from mature
And that goes to coaching. The team looked almost so unprepared that it either did not know until nearly game time that is was playing or else felt that just 1 blow fro it would cause GT to collapse in fear of Mack's rewccrutijg prowess and beg to allowed to forfeit.

I'm not really moving anything.

Damn right I got that win prediction, thanks for noticing! I sure hope they exceed that prediction with the next 3 games on the schedule. Rah-rah Carolina! Tough one tonight but hopefully they'll bounce back next week. As always, Go Heels!
Well, if you predict that a Mack team will underachieve per its talent, then you will be right roughly 90% of the time.

See it being 9-2? Who could know with Mack Brown. What I knew is that any more tan 1 loss would be underachieving against that schedule with all the talent Mac has assembled.

Yes, you must take steps. But if you do not take the steps that are warranted when the you have thjetaloertn, you anti never going to get to be Amin g the big boys.

This back to back years in which Mack has underachieved per the talent at hand - par for the course of his career.
Gotcha. 9 wins with 3 more to go, I'll take it. Are there issues on the team? Sure. We'll see how the next 3 go heading into 2023.

Zero points in second half just wow
Too bad Mack has not had enough time to sign enough talent on offense to score in the 2nd half against a very weak GT team. You can't expect a Master recruiter to be able to do that, much less actually coach against such an inferior foe.

Too bad Mack has not had enough time to sign enough talent on offense to score in the 2nd half against a very weak GT team. You can't expect a Master recruiter to be able to do that, much less actually coach against such an inferior foe.
Players still have to execute. Go back and look at the "hold" by Nesbit on the TD run, hint, there wasn't one. Downs then misses a wide-open TD. Those 2 plays right there give them over 30 points for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT