ADVERTISEMENT

Heels vs Irish gamethread

Does this season show that Howell is good enough for the NFL or does it mean he comes back for sure?

I think his running ability is under-rated. It looks like he puts vaseline on hit entire body and makes everyone else slow-mo --- despite not really looking fast or speedy.

His running and scrambles kinda looked like luck early in the yr, but it's obviously more than that. Probably not mobile enough for NFL to see him as a dual-threat, but I don't know.

His arm is amazing, decision-making still suspect (a few bad INTs this yr, trouble throwing the ball away, locking on one receiver, etc), seems like a huge gamble as a first-rounder.

i’d leave if i were him…his arm isn’t questioned…pocket awareness just seems average.

i don’t understand why he doesn’t have the “live for another play” mindset…he’ll have less time as a pro, just ptb twice and decide.

Reactions: Archer2
i’d leave if i were him…his arm isn’t questioned…pocket awareness just seems average.

i don’t understand why he doesn’t have the “live for another play” mindset…he’ll have less time as a pro, just ptb twice and decide.
No way there is an NFL line so bad that he'll have less time. Throwing the ball away is a weakness for him though. That's easily correctable. Other than that, he doesn't really have any big issues.

ETA: And part of the reason he doesn't just throw it away is due to the fact we have some many slow developing plays.

No way there is an NFL line so bad that he'll have less time.
in relative terms there are some poor lines…the giants can’t protect jones at all and the steelers line is also bad.

ironically, those two teams need a qb, so sam would have experience with the same issues.

There are so many NFL QBs that never do anything but backup or sign 1 year deals only to move on with another team the following year as a back up. Those that seem to make it are drafted high and teams put in extra time and effort since they used a high pick to get them in the first place. Seems that Howell could improve his position with a winning record and can be the top QB taken if he stayed another year but just like other sports a paycheck goes a long way towards making that decision. So I expect him to go but honestly think it would be better to stay.
(The Steelers are going to need a long term QB for the future starting next year. Wonder if??)

There are so many NFL QBs that never do anything but backup or sign 1 year deals only to move on with another team the following year as a back up. Those that seem to make it are drafted high and teams put in extra time and effort since they used a high pick to get them in the first place. Seems that Howell could improve his position with a winning record and can be the top QB taken if he stayed another year but just like other sports a paycheck goes a long way towards making that decision. So I expect him to go but honestly think it would be better to stay.
(The Steelers are going to need a long term QB for the future starting next year. Wonder if??)
Unless something weird happens he's going in the second round at the latest. There's nothing logical about him coming back and I bet Mack will say the same.

Without Sam, we are 2-6 at best.

With just an AVERAGE defense, we should be 6-2 or better.
I mean, I realize that Howell has to eventually move-up. I dunno if Drake Maye is as good as Sam, or potentially as good. Not to mention, I'm not confident that we have the coaching staff that can develop talent, or anything else.

It's just a matter of time before they're coach-hunting again, anyway.

steelers, giants, wft, falcons,
Unless something weird happens he's going in the second round at the latest. There's nothing logical about him coming back and I bet Mack will say the same.
earliest…four qb’s are now ahead of him in a very weak class.

If someone had told me that the offense was going to put up 44 points, I almost would've expected a win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT