ADVERTISEMENT

Hello mike and other mods

PolkCountyBullGator

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
I know it's sunday but is anyone working today?

Ridiculous threads around here.

Ban gonethedistance and some of these other 12yr old punks destroying the board after every loss.

Or maybe the good guys will find another UNC board.

Food for thought. [/B]
embarassed.r191677.gif

[/B]

This post was edited on 3/8 10:23 AM by PolkCountyBullGator

Why worry about what they say Polk? Why not state your own case if you disgree with what someone else says as opposed to shutting down those we disagree with? To me, as long as someone remains fair, does not take things to a personal level that all discussion is open for points & counter points?

Roy for example, I can see things he does well and have talked at length about those and I see things I am not fond of and talk about those at length as well. UNless I expect Roy to be perfection, and I never have, then I do think open discussion of how he goes about things is valid.

Sometimes we have short memories, take Dean for example, there were whispers that maybe the game had passed Dean by before he retired. But we didn't have as active an internet when Dean was on the side lines as we do today, Dean's losses would have been disected to a much larger extreme if we did. But we forget all of that once he retired, but things were much different in the early 90s than they are today. Right now Roy's 2 national champioships have seemed to have been a bit forgotten, as does the fact that in his short time back at UNC Roy has already equalled Dean in number of national titles.

Roy is not perfection and NO, I am not saying he is Dean equal either but he darn sure deserves not only respect from UNC fans but he as well deserves our loyality. Loyality and respect are to me things that matter a great deal, they will always matter ot people of my generation, clearly all generations do not see things like Loyality and respect the same way.

Don't ever take anything I say that can be seen as critical of Roy's work as in any way my calling for or in any way wanting Roy to no longer be our coach. There is ONLY 1 fella that I would prefer to be our head coach today, there was only 1 fella I wanted more than Roy to be our coach the day Dean retired and I have said that ever since the day Dean did retired, that one fella is Phil Ford. I have NEVER wavered from that belief and I have never hidden that fact. I will always have issue with baddour and the chanceller at the time (Moser) for not giving Phil the chance, I understand why they didn't and I simply and strongly disgreed with them at the time and still do.

Spot-on Dave!Agree 100%. Many I know get frustrated and "take it out" on Roy or the boys. Sometimes it's best to cool off a little before jumping on the keyboard, but alas, many won't.

Nobody ever said Roy is perfect because no coach is. Good decision maing-making shots-taking care of the ball can make your coach look real good! Sadly we just don't do enough of any of that.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Lot more than whispers flying around the old watercoolers about Dean before he retired, which was WAY to soon.

Everybody has a right to their opinion especially when presented appropriately. It's still a free country to some extent.

Go cry in your corner Polk. Your inability to express your opinion when you disagree with somebody is pathetic. Don't like what I say? That's fine. You are entitled to feel that way but you resort to name calling and then start this thread?

Grow a pair or out on another layer of clothes if your skin is that thin.

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
Sometimes it's best to cool off a little before jumping on the keyboard, but alas, many won't.
I myself have been guilty of not doing that in the past. It's easy to do. The internet is an anonymous (ish) sounding board where you can just let it fly. I do believe that many would benefit from a 12-24 respite from the boards after a loss.

Do we really want everybody to come back with the same opinion on the chat board?? Wouldn't make much of a discussion.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:
Do we really want everybody to come back with the same opinion on the chat board?? Wouldn't make much of a discussion.
Love opinions, hate all the trashing of our coach and players.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:
^^^this^^^

thats the reason I post here and at DI. I don't want sunshine and rainbows blew up my arse all the time. I like a little friendly debate.

This is a message board correct ! If you don't like a certain poster or thread STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT ! Post on threads you like ! We are 21-10 so everyone is not gonna put on the baby blue shades and pretend the season has been great ! Where the Phuck is Polk County anyways ? I thought I had heard of all 100 North Carolina counties I will have to google it
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I apologize there is a little countie called Polk county NC ! But what the heck is a Bullgator? Some kinda murky water gator?

Originally posted by ElizabethtownHeel:
I apologize there is a little countie called Polk county NC ! But what the heck is a Bullgator? Some kinda murky water gator?
Makes me know who I would hang out with in real life though, I probably would think Gone would be a cool dude that doesn't take sh't and takes his sports dead serious.. same for a few other dudes that aren't so leave it to Beaverish...

I would figure a Bull Gator is a male , just like a bull bovine is. .....and you know I didn't go to moo u.
This post was edited on 3/8 8:23 PM by HeelFan58

On another note. Mikeirby has over 59 thousand posts? Mike must have started posting before the computer was invented !
Dude must stay on the message board 24/7/365 ! BIG MIKE KING OF THE BOARDS ! Mike , I have 4000 posts you consider me a noob? LOL !

Elizabethtown, you ever seen me mention anybodies post count including my own? We ALL started with a count of 1. :)

Polk county is in central Florida. There are only 6 computers in the entire county with "the net" and they are all located at an Internet cafe in Lakeland, FL (the country's largest meth manufacturer per capita). Although word on the street is that the town of Winter Haven, FL has been working on installing a high speed ethernet connection which could be complete as early as May 2016. That would allow as many as 3-4 new internet cafes to open.

Originally posted by HeLooks2MuchLikeDave:
Polk county is in central Florida. There are only 6 computers in the entire county with "the net" and they are all located at an Internet cafe in Lakeland, FL (the country's largest meth manufacturer per capita). Although word on the street is that the town of Winter Haven, FL has been working on installing a high speed ethernet connection which could be complete as early as May 2016. That would allow as many as 3-4 new internet cafes to open.
not_funny_1.jpg

Why would me quoting a foxsports story today about a John Wall quote be deleted?

It's just a quote, and was deleted.

Originally posted by Clive Gollings:
Why would me quoting a foxsports story today about a John Wall quote be deleted?

Because it was a stupid thread. Why the hell would we care to talk about a recruit we didn't get 5 years ago? And let's be honest, Wall is a very good player. He was a good player at UK. But it's not like he's transcendent. And your statement of him making UK a brand again is ridiculous. Your UK brethren would scoff at the notion their hopes of being a "brand again" relied on one player...for 8 months.

Again, your thread was deleted not only because it was a completely purposeless discussion but of the absurdity of what you wrote. You ought to be thankful it was deleted so you don't come off looking like an idiot.

My guess is that it had nothing to do with UNC b-ball.

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

Because it was a stupid thread. Why the hell would we care to talk about a recruit we didn't get 5 years ago?
It was a quote that came out today, And it wasn't my statement of him alone making UK a brand today. The entire article was about how that team made UK a brand again and he clearly lead the way. It wasn't my article nor my quote. And it being deleted now says more about this board than me.

Geez, guys it was just a reference to a big article that came out today. I underestimated the amount of psychological damage it could do here.

This post was edited on 3/9 6:10 PM by Clive Gollings

laugh.r191677.gif

"psychological damage . . . "

It was a UK thread . . . you post in a lot of threads there, Clive. Just take it right to the audience that it was intended for.

All us Tar Heels knew Clifton, you know Walls HANDLER, was NEVER going to let him come to UNC and Roy hates handlers and Clifton hates Roy. End of story! Now run back to kitty pause and whine to them.

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

Because it was a stupid thread. Why the hell would we care to talk about a recruit we didn't get 5 years ago?
It was a quote that came out today, And it wasn't my statement of him alone making UK a brand today. The entire article was about how that team made UK a brand again and he clearly lead the way. It wasn't my article nor my quote. And it being deleted now says more about this board than me.

Geez, guys it was just a reference to a big article that came out today. I underestimated the amount of psychological damage it could do here.

This post was edited on 3/9 6:10 PM by Clive Gollings
Again, it was of no interest to us. If you want me to spread the blame around, then I guess I'd call out the writer of the article as well as you for posting it here.

John Wall - what transcendent college basketball player. I think I saw him play twice while he was at UK for his obligatory 8 months. Boy, he really left a legacy, huh?

I don't know, it's Monday and I'm still feeling a little "Psychological Damage!" Problem is I didn't even read the article!

Originally posted by Tru Blu Tar Heel:

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
Sometimes it's best to cool off a little before jumping on the keyboard, but alas, many won't.
I myself have been guilty of not doing that in the past. It's easy to do. The internet is an anonymous (ish) sounding board where you can just let it fly. I do believe that many would benefit from a 12-24 respite from the boards after a loss.
Actually, you rarely if ever see me post anything the same day as a loss, that is darn sure on purpose, I don't take losses well and do not enjoy talking about them directly after they happen. I try to let some time pass by so I can calm down and have some time to rationally think before open my big mouth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT