ADVERTISEMENT

Here's to Joel James

Yes he has. And I like the big guy to boot. Wish we had had the luxury of red-shirting him one year like we did with Big Serge. It did wonders for Serge's progress. I like where Joel seems to be heading with his play.

well_done_sir.gif

Looks like those minutes Roy was giving Mr. James earlier this season are starting to pay dividends. He's played confidently recently and has a nice touch on those turn-around jumpers.

Kudos to Joel for all his hard work. The lift he has given us could be huge in tourney play, particularly if Kennedy doesn't rebound to mid-season form.

He's gotta good touch on that face up jump shot, he's come along way. He's putting in the work and it's showing.

Originally posted by TarHeelMark:
Looks like those minutes Roy was giving Mr. James earlier this season are starting to pay dividends......
Hit the nail on the head Mark.

Roy does this every year and it seems to pay off more than not. There's always a few frustrating, head-scratching subs in November and by Feb/March we're all going "Oh, that worked"

I say "we're all going" but let's be honest, the people who piled on Roy in November just go quiet till next November when Luke Maye makes a rookie error in a game and people will start posting in capitals questioning why Roy even gave him a scholarship!

I too like Joel and as I said in the game thread, his 10-15 ft jumper is pretty! Give him another summer with the alums and I'm hoping he'll have a really productive snr season.

He's playing so much better. Only way to get better is to play in games so glad he's been getting experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT