ADVERTISEMENT

House v. NCAA settlement - anti trust suit settlement near.

dtodd4475

Hall of Famer
Jul 17, 2005
Looks like the NCAA will avoid the expected 4 billion dollar pay out for athletes deprived of NIL earning from 2017 - 2021 by agreeing to pay 2.7 billion to them.

Even more substantial is the agreed future revenue sharing for upcoming seasons with athletes. It seems that a 20 million dollar salary cap will be set for power 4 schools to compensate athletes for choosing their program to play for. The 20 million or so cap being set as a percentage from the average revenue for those power 4 teams.

Last edited:
Looks like the NCAA will avoid the expected 4 billion dollar pay out for athletes deprived of NIL earning from 2017 - 2021 by agreeing to pay 2.7 billion to them.

Even more substantial is the agreed future revenue sharing for upcoming seasons with athletes. It seems that a 20 million dollar salary cap will be set for power 4 schools to compensate athletes for choosing their program to play for. The 20 million or so cap being set as a percentage from the average revenue for those power 4 teams.
That $20 million number is the most important. UNC can't afford to pay that while they're in the ACC.

That $20 million number is the most important. UNC can't afford to pay that while they're in the ACC.
UNC had 139.4 million in athletic revenue or thereabouts, so it would be a big chunk of thier athletic budget, Not great. Ohio State has the highest revenue at 280 million per year, that would only be like 7% of thier budget I think?

Players could still get NIL on top of thier salary from outside as well.

Last edited:
Just go to any sports news site. ESPN, CBS sports, Yahoo sports, Sports Illustrated, even Forbes, etc. Been out for a few days. The yearly salary cap I've seen at between 15 to 20 million. I thought yahoo sports did the best job explaining it in their article, used their info the most.

Last edited:
UNC had 139.4 million in athletic revenue right around, so it would be around 14% of thier athletic budget. Not great, but not that bad. Ohio State has the highest revenue at 250 million per year, they it would only be 5% of thier budget.
$139 million is not net revenue though. UNC doesn't have enough profit to pay out what they would need to if they wanted to keep up.

Frankly, I don’t give a damn. 18-21 year old mercenaries for hire with no allegiance to the university. We’re no better than all the other unscrupulous schools we’ve disparaged over the years. Most of you don’t seem to have an issue with it, you’re just worried that we can’t offer as much as schools like Alabama or Ohio State. I hardly missed a game for 50 years but didn’t watch a single game last year. That’s how disenfranchised I’ve become with sports. The only good thing is that I don’t worry about who comes, goes, or stays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT