ADVERTISEMENT

How are we feeling about the OC?

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001
Huge challenge to replace Drake while missing your 3 top TE, Tez, Paysour and your center.

I didn't have high hopes, but I hoped to see some creativity and gimmicks.

I didn't expect amazing 3rd down conversions or chunk plays.

I did NOT expect to see 7 sacks and all the TFLs.

And biggest thing is that I didn't expect the 4th string TE to play a snap. WTF? Could we not go with 2 tail backs? Or 4 wide? More end arounds? We needed some Matt Canada offense and lots of option.

I have no problem with Chip…

Problem is the Program….Why in the hell would you let the Starting QB have a say in who the next OC is…That’s what Mack did and the Big Money boosters….

Football is the ultimate Team Sport and all I heard from Mack was about Drake Maye…You don’t hear that from winning programs….

You know what Drake Maye legacy is at UNC the same thing he did in High School….Nothing….Guy never played big in big games….Watch what happens in the NFL…

Reactions: chickenhunter
Huge challenge to replace Drake while missing your 3 top TE, Tez, Paysour and your center.

And biggest thing is that I didn't expect the 4th string TE to play a snap. WTF? Could we not go with 2 tail backs? Or 4 wide? More end arounds? We needed some Matt Canada offense and lots of option.
I didn't love our offensive play calling all season, didn't hate it either. 2 areas of our offensive approach I didn't like was first, felt we needed to go to our TEs more than we did. And second I felt like we needed to use backs out of the back field on more safety valve type options to allow Drake to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Taking those 4 and 5yd quick hitters would have reduced a lot of that pressure Drake was under, would have covered a lot of those o-line mistakes. Then you can open it up more to your big time receivers because Drake would have had more time.

Yesterday, I was not happy from what I saw from Harrell during the season and yesterday, frankly I don't know that I am even comfortable with him as a back up from what I watched yesterday. Max Johnson had to be smiling after that game, heck the incoming freshman may be a better option to back Johnson up next season, Harrell should enter the portal now or maybe switch to another position. We are going to have a very young but very talented WR room next season, hope we have a QB that can get them the ball. I really hate we lost Pettway, would have loved to have seen him share time with Hampton in that game as a 3rd down back where we hit him with one of those lil 5 yd short passes that let him turn those after burners on. But we didn't play him during the season, we had to bring in Brooks because Drake needed the help from his blocking and he was not going to get it from that O-line.

I would not be upset to see our O-cord stay but that o-line has to be addressed and he has to have short pass safety valves in place to allow our QB to get the ball out of his hands quicker. It is taking to much time for our wide outs to get separation and Drake did not have that time often.

I didn't love our offensive play calling all season, didn't hate it either. 2 areas of our offensive approach I didn't like was first, felt we needed to go to our TEs more than we did. And second I felt like we needed to use backs out of the back field on more safety valve type options to allow Drake to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Taking those 4 and 5yd quick hitters would have reduced a lot of that pressure Drake was under, would have covered a lot of those o-line mistakes. Then you can open it up more to your big time receivers because Drake would have had more time.

Yesterday, I was not happy from what I saw from Harrell during the season and yesterday, frankly I don't know that I am even comfortable with him as a back up from what I watched yesterday. Max Johnson had to be smiling after that game, heck the incoming freshman may be a better option to back Johnson up next season, Harrell should enter the portal now or maybe switch to another position. We are going to have a very young but very talented WR room next season, hope we have a QB that can get them the ball. I really hate we lost Pettway, would have loved to have seen him share time with Hampton in that game as a 3rd down back where we hit him with one of those lil 5 yd short passes that let him turn those after burners on. But we didn't play him during the season, we had to bring in Brooks because Drake needed the help from his blocking and he was not going to get it from that O-line.

I would not be upset to see our O-cord stay but that o-line has to be addressed and he has to have short pass safety valves in place to allow our QB to get the ball out of his hands quicker. It is taking to much time for our wide outs to get separation and Drake did not have that time often.
I see you didn’t watch a lot of football games this year…We used the TE more than any year Mack has been back…Also Hampton had 30 receptions out of the backfield…If Cope doesn’t break his hand against South Carolina he has even more catches….Fact is Drake underperformed this year with a 1400 yard back in the backfield…He missed a ton of deep balls….1st drive of the game vs state he misses Tez running down the sideline…He didn’t live up to the hype…

I feel like it's beyond dumb to take anything away from that game. The offense won't look anything like that next year with Max as the starter and with everyone (hopefully) healthy.

I see you didn’t watch a lot of football games this year…We used the TE more than any year Mack has been back…Also Hampton had 30 receptions out of the backfield…If Cope doesn’t break his hand against South Carolina he has even more catches….Fact is Drake underperformed this year with a 1400 yard back in the backfield…He missed a ton of deep balls….1st drive of the game vs state he misses Tez running down the sideline…He didn’t live up to the hype…
Then your vision is blurred, I said even more to the TEs than what we did. We needed more shorter routs that would have allowed Drake to get the ball out. Draw the defense with those shorter routes and open up the longer ones. I watched, my eyes were not blurred at all, Drake doing a lot of running for his life that could have been eased by more short routes, quicker hitters. Do not presume to know what I watched and didn't, you have zero clue when it comes to that.

Mack is mack. He is always going to do Mack. It's a waste of time to complain about his various assistants failing and how if only we could h=get that pair of these three replaced, then mack would produce great results. Mack does not care. Mack's ego is what matters. He will talk and play the 5 D's of dodgeball, and keep all his chosen assistants until forced rot make a change. And then the process begins anew.

Mack is who must be replaced.

Reactions: skyblueheel
Then your vision is blurred, I said even more to the TEs than what we did. We needed more shorter routs that would have allowed Drake to get the ball out. Draw the defense with those shorter routes and open up the longer ones. I watched, my eyes were not blurred at all, Drake doing a lot of running for his life that could have been eased by more short routes, quicker hitters. Do not presume to know what I watched and didn't, you have zero clue when it comes to that.
Drake had plenty of times and open receivers to drop the ball off to…Fact is he didn’t live up to the hype…I don’t blame him he just doesn’t have that it factor….I watched him in High School on a loaded Myers Park team…Never even made a State Championship appearance…He is a stat stuffer and will beat dook or wake…He ain’t beating Clemson or west Raleigh…Facts…Same thing in high school couldn’t beat Richmond or Vance…hell we ain’t even talking about old Richmond County…

Give me a leader at QB this year and UNC wins 10 games….

Drake had plenty of times and open receivers to drop the ball off to…Fact is he didn’t live up to the hype…I don’t blame him he just doesn’t have that it factor….I watched him in High School on a loaded Myers Park team…Never even made a State Championship appearance…He is a stat stuffer and will beat dook or wake…He ain’t beating Clemson or west Raleigh…Facts…Same thing in high school couldn’t beat Richmond or Vance…hell we ain’t even talking about old Richmond County…

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Reactions: tarheel0910
offense was fine…concerned about penalties and time or possession(with a shitty d)…net pass had to be 300 ypg, but unsure if avg pass yd pp.

the line was awful again, so an eval of lindsey is easy.

the real evaluation is o-line coach…how many years now, five????

At this point I have no feelings toward Chip or anything to do with UNC football. I really just don’t give a shit. Being emotionally invested in this program would be idiotic at this point.

I’m just gonna wait it out and hope Bubba and the BOT go after someone great after Mack is done with impersonating Bobby Bowden.

• Haha
Reactions: uncfanatic
I feel like it's beyond dumb to take anything away from that game. The offense won't look anything like that next year with Max as the starter and with everyone (hopefully) healthy.
Just looking at our attempt to win this game alone, it is a bit disappointing Chip couldn't have schemed something other than having an ineffective walk-on TE take so many snaps. Maybe their goal was to simply practice for next yr, rather than win.

do you like to embarrass yourself often?

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
At this point I have no feelings toward Chip or anything to do with UNC football. I really just don’t give a shit. Being emotionally invested in this program would be idiotic at this point.

I’m just gonna wait it out and hope Bubba and the BOT go after someone great after Mack is done with impersonating Bobby Bowden.
I would love it if they let Bubba do a real search and make the decision. So far the hires he's made have worked out well. Might as well let him make the next football hire.

I would love it if they let Bubba do a real search and make the decision. So far the hires he's made have worked out well. Might as well let him make the next football hire.

I agree with you about Bubba’s judgement. My concern is what kind of budget he’ll have to work with. Carolina football probably needs to slightly overpay for desirable coaches to in order to get them, much less keep them.

I agree with you about Bubba’s judgement. My concern is what kind of budget he’ll have to work with. Carolina football probably needs to slightly overpay for desirable coaches to in order to get them, much less keep them.
It will be big enough to hire a hot name G5 coach or a decent P4 coordinator. No one else would want to come because it's not a desirable job, even though UNC fans want to think it is. When we move to the SEC/Big, that would make it more desirable and the budget bigger. That would probably get us a better level of coach, but the competition will be harder, so will still be mediocre.

do you like to embarrass yourself often?
What is funny is y’all act like Drake is a all time greats that ever played football at UNC…It’s just not true…I appreciate him and what he did but facts are he didn’t win any big games…dook and wake are not our rivals in football…It’s that team in west Raleigh…

When you don’t beat state your entire career that’s a thing…That will be with Drake….Not only not beat them but play badly both times…Sam did beat them twice and really should have won the last 1 if not for us shitting the bed…

What is funny is y’all act like Drake is a all time greats that ever played football at UNC…It’s just not true…I appreciate him and what he did but facts are he didn’t win any big games
He's the best (most talented) QB ever to play here. It is the most important position, but it is just one position. He isn't even on the field during D or ST when we're out there blowing it. Nobody is calling him a Carolina All-time great...

Hakeem Nicks was on bad teams, but that doesn't mean isn't one of UNC's best most talented WRs ever.
When you don’t beat state your entire career that’s a thing
That's on Mack, the OL coach, the DC and D coaches and ST coaches.

If Drake had transferred to UGA they'd have been completely unstoppable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT