ADVERTISEMENT

How Good Are Our Coaches?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
I'm looking at several of our players who did worse this year compared to last year. Is that a fair measure?

We've spent the year bitching about our back court, but I notice that both Armando and Pete are performing worse than last year, while RJ is nearly back to last year's numbers after a slow start.

Meanwhile, Washington doesn't seem to have improved at all since that one good half against Virginia.

Raising the question: do we have good big man coaches? We all love Sean, but can he get the job done? And if not, is that his problem or the way our bigs are used?

Clearly we don't have anyone who can coach 3pt shooting. Which is rather surprising with Hubert and Jeff on board.

Any good defensive coaches?

If a big man is thinking about coming to UNC, would this worry him? How about shooters. Do they want to come to a school where shooting dies?

None of our 2024 commits have signed yet. They committed when we were riding high. I wonder what they think now that we look more like train wreck?

Implausible as it seems at the moment, we could still pull out a great finish. But even if we do, what top players want to go somewhere to be mediocre for 3/4 of the season, and maybe hurt their pro chances?

Reactions: NoseButt
TBD.

I’ve seen some encouraging things but also a lot of disappointing things. We need both better players and better coaching. We’ll know more in 2-3 years.

TBD.

I’ve seen some encouraging things but also a lot of disappointing things. We need both better players and better coaching. We’ll know more in 2-3 years.
I'm a cord cutter.

Every basketball season I subscribe to a service so I can watch UNC. Some other games, too, since they are there, but I wouldn't miss them. Usually I use SlingTV, which has been the cheapest service for a few years. But not that cheap. $51/month.

That's $255 for the 5 month season.

We've played 31 games so far and might play a couple more. Which translates into a tad under $8 a game. Or $12 per win.

Is that worth it?

If we're going to be worse next year, I might just decide for the first time in 60 years, that I just don't care.

I want to see good play and good coaching. I don't want to see demoralized kids and salesmanship masquerading as coaching.

I don't want to see the plug pulled on Hubert. Give him a fair chance. But he needs to fix this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT