ADVERTISEMENT

How lucky was Carolina’s iron five playing so minutes not having a major injury all season?

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Personally I thought and still do that it was a major miracle that the Tar Heels iron five was able to play close to 40 games without any of them having to sit out for a extended period of time because of a injury…

Yea will all know there were a bunch of bruises and pains especially in the stretch run when UNC could not lose a game with any hope of getting in March madness but the iron five played thru it. It is a shame that Love and Bacot played partially hurt in the championship game against Kansas but they still played like champions and just barely missed bringing home the gold…

Next year with a bigger bench to help some and a ton of upper class men this team will be able to survive a few injuries and still be dancing in late March and early April…

While I def. agree with expanding the rotation, it's ironic that we're now at the opposite of what we often saw under Roy.

I remember a lot of people wanted Roy to play his bench less because of the supposed lack of talent. Now that we have better talent from recruiting, we barely play them outside our main guys.

Reactions: dtodd4475
I think Hubert was pretty much a straight shooter with earning time. He said they were working hard in practice,and the staff was dedicated with working with them, but minutes would be doled out when earned, be ready.

He had much the same playing experience. I think he would like to sub more, but he is not going to just for the sake of getting minutes/game experience.

Very healthy year with the high usage though, I totally agree.

It was hard on an old guy holding his breath for 40 minutes over 30 times this year! I try not to play the what if game.....but we were one shot or one sprained ankle away from a Natty! What an incredible run the Iron 5 gave us and I fully expect the same energy, heart, grit, and camaraderie to be present next year WITH a longer bench!

NCAA be afraid, be very afraid!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT